It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was before the dinosaurs??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
despite the minute evidence of ancient advanced civilizations, i'm inclined to believe that if these civilizations did exist, it wasn't before the dinos.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Nygdan
If most of the water as we know it was a thick layer of cloud/water bubble above the earth and then just mostly dropped down to flood the bottom of the land(ocean floor) then thats where the water came from and is.

Also explains the greenhouse effect that could allow dinosaurs and 900+ year old people to survive.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
Nygdan
If most of the water as we know it was a thick layer of cloud/water bubble above the earth and then just mostly dropped down to flood the bottom of the land(ocean floor) then thats where the water came from and is.

Also explains the greenhouse effect that could allow dinosaurs and 900+ year old people to survive.

No. If the water had been up there, it would have blocked off the sunlight and we'd have had an ice age that would have NEVER warmed up. Things wouldn't have evolved. They would have frozen.

And if you believe that people in the Bible lived to be 900 years old, then you also have to believe that ancient Sumerian kings ruled for 30,000 years and 80,000 years because THEIR holy books said they did. And then you have to believe that the Sumerian civilization is half a million years old.

This leads to the question, "so howcome they didn't leave traces of this half million year old civilization?" Did they have Monitor Mothers making them clean up their civilization when they were done? What happened to all those indestructo-machines? Termites ate 'em?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
HOw does water suddenly droping allow dinosaurs and humans to live 4 900 years and if u want to get into an argument bout the bible and anyhting in modern times that rippes it apart go a head

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Interesting forum! I work at a limestone quarry where we mine 30 to 60 million year old stone. On a regular basis I check our magnets on our belt line to see if any iron fossil meteorites have stuck to it. This past week I have found some interesting stuff.fossilized rocks that are magnetic. they have fossilized bits of shell all over them along with chromite granules and iron pyrite then along with everything else they have manufactured fibers embedded in them. last night I found one with a lot of fiber and a nub sticking up which resembles the head of a little green army toy except the head is of somthing like a t-rex.I have long thought there were intelligent dino's and they raised t-rex for food like we raise cattle. unfortunatly any evidence of inteligence in another specie would have been either used or destroyed by our ancestors. or confused as being from man.I need to have chemical tests run on the stuff I found to verify what it is but it is unusual.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

As far as evidence of the Flood there is ..... there is no place on earth with the exception of areas newly created by volcanic eruptions that hasn't been covered in water at one time or another . Another thing most dino findings are in large groups not spread out that indicates a catastrophic event pushing carcs and the like to a given area something that occurs in floods.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
When I was a kid at a christian private school one of my teachers told us that maybe god created dinosaur bones to test our faith.

I think its a load of poppycock, but as I did not exist at the time of the dinos...another long shot.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by timoothy

how is it so hard to believe that evolution took place on this planet? with hundreds of billions of stars in our universe, each with their own planets in orbit, it stands to reason that evolution has taken place all over this universe and that life is most likely a fairly common event, where favourable conditions exist.

the fact that life exists on what we refer to as earth, does not make us special; it could have occured on any other planet in a temperate zone where liquid water can exist, and this discussion could be taking place on any of those planets just as easily.

it's been theorised (the drake equation) that there are millions of planets harbouring life in the milky way galaxy alone.

people seem to have this sense of entitlement when it comes to life on earth; like somehow earth was chosen by us or some supreme being, when the truth of the matter is, earth was here long before we ever were (in any living form), and due to suitable conditions, possible asteroid seeding, and billions of years of planetary evolution, life flourished.

it's probably happened a million times before us, and will continue to happen long after we're gone. the many factors that need to align in order for a planet to support life are merely coincidence; and with something like 50 to 200 BILLION galaxies in our universe, each containing somewhere between 100 and 500 billion stars, some of which have planets, it's kind-of inevitable that life will take up root on the comfortable ones. there have probably been many false starts, many different paths evolution has taken, and many, many mass extinctions in our universe. the fact that we're sitting here chatting about it is nothing special.

life elsewhere in our universe is pretty much and undeniable fact, and there's nothing special about us or what we do. best advice i can give is to get out there and marvel at the wonders of the world around you, because you're not here for long, and it is this author's belief that there is nothing waiting for us on the other side, so don't squander your precious time on earth planning for some sort of afterlife. this is the only life we have, so do your best to enjoy it.

*i don't mind if people have beliefs that differ from mine, but those beliefs should be regarded as what they are: a set of morals with which the powers that be govern your actions and swindle your savings. please do not use your unfounded beliefs as arguments against science as they really hold no weight, factually speaking.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join