It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was before the dinosaurs??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Evolution can be disproved but not creationalistisn(sp?)

Firstly evolution has been proved with the fossil record (saying there are gaps is true but the chances of fossils are low so we are lucky to have whatwe have now)

And god cannot be disproved but what could have created him. The same argument is at the start of both but science makes some sense. Sis god just appear one day and if he's perfece and all powerful why take the time of the dinosaurs to make fossil fuels when whump they're there if he is all powerful.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Evolution, maybe. There isn't enough evidence for me to jump up with joy and support it. Doesn't matter to me if evolution happened. Fine if it did. But it is not the "why" we are here.

Now, mud suddenly starting to think, with no spiritual push, not likely. Something was allready thinking before that.

Troy

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Evolution, maybe. There isn't enough evidence for me to jump up with joy and support it. Doesn't matter to me if evolution happened. Fine if it did. But it is not the "why" we are here.

Now, mud suddenly starting to think, with no spiritual push, not likely. Something was allready thinking before that.

You're confusing abiogenesis with evolution.

Evolution says (in Biblical terms) that there were many "kinds" of animals and that over millions of years each of these "kinds" had offspring that followed the lineage. One original Zebra kind is responsible for the 3 breeds (species) of Zebras today. One original 'equine kind' evolved to become a donkey kind, a zebra kind, and a horse kind (and so forth.)

That's all evolution is. Not how things began... WHY they look the way they do.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There is much to learn, we've just got to seek the truth.

Troy

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My 2 cents on this topic, its hard to prove there was a civilization befor the dino's althought it is a very intresting theory that i have thought of myself many times. At this stage its fiction to me, but i am open to any new proof that can be displayed in the future.

To all the creationists taking over this board, creationism is a psuedo-science it has no facts to back it up, only speculation. Creationism doesnt apply to inductive research, creationism doesnt put it self up to be proven wrong. Creationism keeps on defending their dogma's as they evolve around scientific theory. This is going to happen for along time, in another 2000 years christiansity "i think" will be a small cult on our planet/s. Science will be able to explain everything that ever happend in the universe, except that still cant explain why the huamn body has a appendix, creationists will somehow twist it around to say that god special made our appendix blah blah blah....
Creationism is for the simple minded person who for a time cant say "i dont know" they say "its god work".
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Creation is real, I'm not just speaking biblicaly. If you don't see it as true, that's ok. I can't force anyone to see it, it's up to the person's personal observation.

I've been on the "evolution/no god" section before in my life. It leaves questions unanswered though. Creation covers everything and can even include evolution. In life you still see evidence creation, even within ourselves. We create things all the time, we come up with an idea in our minds, and make it real in the physical universe (creation). Creation isn't some mystical, complicated thing, but the things that were created can be complex, though.

Peace,

Troy

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good question, i'm sure that we'll find out sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
what if an ancient civvilisation created dinosaurs through DNA and nano bio clone manipulation technology, maybe the civilisation had a big war or catasphory and these creations escaped into wild where they became dinsaurs we eventualy know and find?? im sure we are not 1st high tech civilisaton on this planet.

Interesting... BUT imo, if these pre-saurus people were so fancy with their DNA and nano bio clone manipulation technology i think they should have no problem getting these dinosaurs back in line by means of melting their brains with their superior advanced ray guns. Maybe another civilization from another planet created these dinosaurs and dropped them on our planet to destroy a less advanced people that couldn't fight them off!! oh snap

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Maybe just microbs and single cell organisms. But you can imagine mythical beasts and monsters killing each other,they got killed an asteroid andthe dinosaurs came along. Maybe we'll get wiped out by an asteroid?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Evoulution leaves unanswered questions- the only one is how did it start/be created. But the thing is creationalist has the same problem- Where did god come from.

But we didnt just come from mud. It took billions of years (not the 6k years in the bible.) It was the process of some molecules forming together. Then the nucleus or nerve cell of this contained DNA. This almost gave it an instict to carry on divide and multiply. It mutated and spread and here we are.

End of.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I dont think so .If that were true and you do believe in eveloution then the ape ,monkey and other primates should not be here with us. I'm at the point where i'm not sure where we came from ,but darwinism and eveloution are at the bottom of the list.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If the civilization was so advanced what happened to cause their disappearence? They would also have drained much of the Earth's resources because a cizilization doesn't jump straight to clean energy.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Don't believe everything you read.

Of course, some will believe it anyhow.

Read Here

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

Read Here

Good example of a fictitious history that's easily knocked apart by actual written material from the early Urban civilizations.

I mean, really... the Egyptians would have noticed, y'know, if somebody had plonked down pyramids in 2500 BC. They were writing all sorts of texts and making monuments... you'd think someone would have noted "the Orion bunch delivered the pyramid today, but it's the wrong shape and size. Rameses orderd Ra to take it back and fix the capstone. Cheap limestone on the exterior, too..."

And Ra contacting "Ikenaton"... about 2,000 years before his birth. Yeah, I'm totally convinced.

Not.

You'd think they'd do a better job researching before they made this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
I dont think so .If that were true and you do believe in eveloution then the ape ,monkey and other primates should not be here with us. I'm at the point where i'm not sure where we came from ,but darwinism and eveloution are at the bottom of the list.

There are certainly problems with Darwinian evolution, statistically speaking survival of the fittest combined with natural rates of mutation won't result in what we see around us. But the very fact that I can say that is what makes evolution so much better than creationism. Evolution in it's Darwinian form could be tried and tested. Creationism cannot. Now new ideas are being integrated with older ones in the attempt to explain the origin of species. All because scientific theories must be testable.

I don't understand why you stipulate that the other primates would not be here among us if evolution were in operation. Is it your belief that only one form of any particular family can exist at one time? What could possibly be your rationale for such a position?

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wel yes the spe monkeys and co should be here because we didnt evolve from them we evolved from the same thing as they did.
Also, yes there are lots of holes in the evolutionary timeline but only because the chances of fossilisation are so low.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If human evolution from ape to primitive cave man to modern man had really occurred, the fossils should have been found in that order from the lower to the higher rock strata or layers. That is, the more ape-like fossils should be found in rocks dated as older, and the fossils more similar to modern man should be found in the rocks dated younger. Contrary to what is presented in the the textbooks, newspapers and television, this is not always so. The actual picture is not so simple.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If human evolution from ape to primitive cave man to modern man had really occurred, the fossils should have been found in that order from the lower to the higher rock strata or layers. That is, the more ape-like fossils should be found in rocks dated as older, and the fossils more similar to modern man should be found in the rocks dated younger. Contrary to what is presented in the the textbooks, newspapers and television, this is not always so. The actual picture is not so simple.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In some three billion years the original single-celled organisms were able to change step-by-step as follows:

single cell -- many-celled worm without a backbone -- worm with a backbone -- fish -- amphibian -- reptile with scales -- mammal with hair -- ape -- man on computer.

Evalution naaa,i dont think so .There are to many holes in this mind set,to many gaps to fill .With a new missing link found every decade (piece of jawbone, a tiny part of a skull ) there is much work to be done .Lets stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole . Get to the truth

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Can I jst speculate that yes I'd love to get into an argument about evolution vs woteva
but the point of this thread is what was before the dinosaurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join