It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Recruiters Play Hard Ball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If this was said to my boy... the recruiter would be getting an immediate phone call in reply and it would not be pretty

www.cbsnews.com...

and a .wav file of the message

www.khou.com...

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Patriot36]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
dear god, I'd be like GET THE WARRANT!

Man I got a call not that long ago from a recruiter asking me to join I just laughed at him, then told him, do you really want someone that is going to hesitate to kill someone?

oh and he kept going on and on and on. I just told him NIEN!

and when I was doing community service at the National Guard they tried to get me to join damn near every day, well how about the NTL GRD Reserves, how about that huh huh huh?

no thanks.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
lieing recruters have been arround for centuries.
nothing new there. i must say that warrant shot was genious. what a way to scare a possibe recruit to show up. wonder if when said recrit says no at the office if he tries simmeler tacticks. something like "well you wanted to join so you are already in the systom, this is just to decide if you are good enough". that type of bull will work on quite a few. my favorite so far is the old brittish tricks of getting someone to accept "the king's shilling" dureing the napolianic wars. put it in a glass of bitter if needs be, as long as they took it. "lol"

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Anyone feel like giving him a call back on the number he left?
(281) 872-0184

Maybe ghostsoldier or Souljah can call from a payphone.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I live in NYC, and just about every day I change trains at 42nd Street Grand Central subway stop, where during rush hour in one of the concourses they have two tables, one is occupied by Scientologists, who have their "Free Stress Test" signs out and prey on the weak (and stupid- who needs a test to figure out they're stressed going through Grand Central during rush hour?) and, next to them, the Army recruiting table, dare I say, preying on the exact same demographic.

I have full respect for our armed forces, but the recruiters are like vampires. They even have their main office here smack in the middle of times square, so all the drunk and down and out and those too stupid to follow street directions can easily stumble in. Maybe this is a cynical view, but I figure in a volunteer army, if you want to sign up, you'll go and sign up, period. No need for that crap.

-koji K.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

"By federal law you got an appointment with me at two o'clock this afternoon at Greenspoint Mall." said Kelt. "OK, you fail to appear and we'll have a warrant, OK? So give me a call back."

In fear, Monarch called the recruiter back.

"He said, 'Oh Chris, don't worry about that. That's just a marketing technique I use,"' Monarch recounted.

Reporter Mark Greenblatt of CBS affiliate KHOU-TV questioned recruiter Sgt Thomas Kelt.

Greenblatt: "I'd just like to know why you have called up young men threatening to arrest them if they don't come and talk to you?"

Kelt: "No comment."

Greenblatt: "You told the young man that this is a standard marketing technique that you use. Is that true?"

Kelt: "No comment. No comment."

The case is under an Army investigation.

Standard marketing technique. Frightening kids with jail if they don't show up to recruitment indoctrination interviews.

All's quiet on the neocon front...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its too bad recruiters have to resort to these tactics, but half our young Men in America are ether too Fat or have become total Sissies that run from a fight. Hell, I would be shocked if half our American boys have even fired a real gun!!

The US Army is in trouble and we need good men, but the recruiter who did this should be transfered back to his origianl MOS. ....Keep in mind this is a "CBS" story and we all know the "Communist Broadcasting Station" will do everything it can to smear our troops and the war.

If this was WW II, the exec's at CBS woulda been locked up a Guantanimo Bay.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Its too bad recruiters have to resort to these tactics, but half our young Men in America are ether too Fat or have become total Sissies that run from a fight. Hell, I would be shocked if half our American boys have even fired a real gun!!

What?
Thier sissies because theydont want to go and fight?
Are you calling all several million people "sissies"?
The services are not right for everyone.

Also why is it important they fire a gun?
A rifle only leads to pain....are you saying we cant solve problems without causeing pain?

The US Army is in trouble and we need good men, but the recruiter who did this should be transfered back to his origianl MOS. ....Keep in mind this is a "CBS" story and we all know the "Communist Broadcasting Station" will do everything it can to smear our troops and the war.

He represents the army, he knew that....any thing he done to smear himself will smear the army and the troops in the army.
Also, what have you got against comunism?

Yes, and if this where WW2 I would probably be in the RN by now, are we liveing in WW1 or WW2? No is the answer, I'm sorry but scareing people into the services is NOT the way to make a good armed forces.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

What?
Thier sissies because theydont want to go and fight?
Are you calling all several million people "sissies"?
The services are not right for everyone.

Also why is it important they fire a gun?
A rifle only leads to pain....are you saying we cant solve problems without causeing pain?

He represents the army, he knew that....any thing he done to smear himself will smear the army and the troops in the army.
Also, what have you got against comunism?

Yes, and if this where WW2 I would probably be in the RN by now, are we liveing in WW1 or WW2? No is the answer, I'm sorry but scareing people into the services is NOT the way to make a good armed forces.

agreed, this is not the way to recruit potential soldiers, they have a choice to join or not to join since Nixon ban the draft.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well DW, times have changed.......and not for the better.

During WW II we had young American men lining up to go fight, now we have recruiters begging them to join. Is that a good sign of the times?

I don't think so, our western society has pretty much spoiled these kids rotten and for the most part, American boys are Fat, Lazy, Selfish and wimpy. Yeah, we have great soldiers right now, but what happens when they start leaving? Who will replace them? I read stories like this and I cringe.

Please don't take this as an attack, Im just giving you my POV. I look at the next generation and it don't look good.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
During WW2 there was a real threat to be dealt with.
Not this bogus "preemptive war" BS.

If the country were actually attacked by an expansionist power, I don't think the recruiters would be having too much trouble.

[edit on 5/12/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well DW, times have changed.......and not for the better.

I disagree, in WW1 we had entire towns killed. In WW2 we had a large portion of our countries armed forces and civilian men killed.

During WW II we had young American men lining up to go fight, now we have recruiters begging them to join. Is that a good sign of the times?

Yes, now they know the diffrence.
Did people in WW2 know what they where getting themselves into?
No.

I don't think so, our western society has pretty much spoiled these kids rotten and for the most part, American boys are Fat, Lazy, Selfish and wimpy. Yeah, we have great soldiers right now, but what happens when they start leaving? Who will replace them? I read stories like this and I cringe.

Not all american boys and women I might add are like that, thats generiliseing.
The ones who join definately want to join because they WANT to do it, and a person fights better if he BELIEVES in what he is fighting for.

Please don't take this as an attack, Im just giving you my POV. I look at the next generation and it don't look good.

Mabye you should get to know the next generation instead of baseing your opinion on "looks", I'm in the "next generation" and the people I see wanting to join honuestly WANT to join because they believe in it, the others who dont are mostly just lazy and ignorant.
Although not all most are.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Of course it's a good sign. People are finally starting to realize that police states are not worthy of killing and dying for.

If more parents would teach their children that patriotism = stupidity and that there is nothing noble about fighting to sustain a tyranical government, perhaps the US would someday again become worthy of fighting for.

~50% taxation, a new internal ID system designed to control movement of the masses, new laws left and right to inhibit basic rights - such a state is unworthy of our sons and daughters. Let it collapse.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The fact that volunteers are hard to come by kind of points out that there is less support for this war. In a proper and true america (not what we live in of course) the goverment answers to the people, so the fact that people are changing their minds about the war should send a message to the hill, but sadly this message will be ignored since its not an election year.

As for the obvious enticement to flaming with the "sissies" comment, I have a retort for that as well. Ive got my SSS card, the feds know where I live, thats about all they can ever expect from me. If hitler rose tomorrow and started offing jews again I would gladly get strapped to go fight, but I'm not about to give my life for the profit of companies and further tarnish the image of the nation by taking part in what is without a doubt a war based on nothing at all.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
DW, I know your young, but heres a little advice for you from an old soldier:

Wars will never be over with! America will always have to fight the bad guys who threaten us and our allies.

We will always need fighters in our military and the fact that the US Army is having recruiting problems proves my point about your generation. Read up on Roman history and you'll see why the empire fell....alot of Romans decided they did'nt want to join the military anymore....let someone else do the fighting.

Well someone else did do the fighting and it was the enemy.

whatever I made my point...Im done talking about this.

Maximu§

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

DW, I know your young, but heres a little advice for you from an old soldier:

Wars will never be over with! America will always have to fight the bad guys who threaten us and our allies.

I might be young, but that doesnt mean I dont know things.

Wars might never be over, but stopping wars from happening is a much better policy than waiting for one to happen.

There will always be a military, the size matters but so does many other factors.

We will always need fighters in our military and the fact that the US Army is having recruiting problems proves my point about your generation. Read up on Roman history and you'll see why the empire fell....alot of Romans decided they did'nt want to join the military anymore....let someone else do the fighting.

You will always need men and women to fight, but bullying people into joining is NOT the solution, we can fight quite well on our own and we are much smaller than you..... you dont need a massive army to win a war.
The BEF in 1914 held off the german army with just rifles, the german army was over twice the size of the BEF.

Well someone else did do the fighting and it was the enemy.

No, the few men and women who do join would fight and die, if needed.

whatever I made my point...Im done talking about this.

The point you made.....or tried to make was ....your afraid of america not being "strong" can I tell you something?
Until every last patriot in america dies then and only then does it become "weak".

top topics

join