It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? (

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
THE BOOK OF THE END

An Interpretation of the Apocalypse of St. John the Theologian

Vladimir Moss

quote///So, be warned,
my friend.
I have given you the signs of the antichrist.
Do not merely store them in your memory.
Pass them on to everyone without stint.
If you have a child after the flesh, teach them to him forthwith.
And if you have become a godparent, forewarn your godchild,
lest he should take the false christ for the True.
For “the mystery of lawlessness doth
already work."

St. Cyril of Jerusalem

I will not include all that is written because there is quite alot to read...If anyone wishes to read more can click on the server provided....I will post a few passages from the site......

QUOTE//// Other signs of the end are the extraordinary growth of science,
the return of the Jews to Israel,
the unprecedented apostasy from, and persecution of, the Christian faith, and the appearance of false Christs and antichristian religions in bewildering abundance.
As Fr. Seraphim Rose writes in his translator’s introduction to Archbishop Averky’s commentary: “We do seem, indeed, to be living in the last times of this world’s existence, when the prophecies of the Apocalypse relating to the end of the world are beginning to be fulfilled.
The time is surely ripe – especially in view of the numerous false interpretations of this book which fill the contemporary air.”[8]

One of the passages from the Apocalypse that has found an almost exact fulfilment in our time is the description of the star called Wormwood – “Chernobyl” in Ukrainian – which falls from heaven and poisons the waters (8.10-11).
Even the most hardened sceptics have been forced to admit that this is a quite remarkable foreshadowing of the nuclear catastrophe that took place at Chernobyl in the Ukraine in 1986, which has contaminated the water supply of the region.
Again, the advances in modern computer and laser technology have thrown unexpected light on the possible meaning of the number 666 (Revelation 13) in terms of bar-codes and microchips implanted under the skin, and how it might form part of a world-wide food distribution system controlled by the Antichrist.

Prophecies from different Saints of the Orthodox Church concerning the END OF TIMES....

QUOTE/////////
CONTENTS

Prologue…………………….….……………………………………….5

The Study of the Book – The Signs of the End – The Time of the End – Attitudes to the End - The Nature of Prophetic Visions – The Interpretation of the Book – The Sources of the Interpretation

I. The First Vision: The Seven Churches of Asia, or: The Church in Time………….……………………..……………………………….20

Introduction: The First and the Last……………………….………………….……..21

1. The Church of Ephesus……………….…………………………...…………..…...42

2. The Church of Smyrna………………………………...………………….…..…...48

3. The Church of Pergamum…………………..…………...……………………..….54

4. The Church of Thyateira………………………………...……..…………...….….58

5. The Church of Sardis……………………………………...…………….…………66

6. The Church of Philadelphia……………………………..………………...……….72

7. The Church of Laodicea…………………………………...………...……………..84

II. The Second Vision: The Seven Seals, or: The Church at the End of Time…………………………….……………………………..94

1. The Twenty-Four Elders and the Four Living Creatures…………………………95

2. The Lamb of God…………………...…………………………………………….102

3. The First Six Seals…………………..……………………………………………107

4. The Sealing of the Servants of God……..…………………………………..……123

5. The Seventh Seal: The First Six Trumpets….……………………………….…..129

6. The Seventh Seal: The Mighty Angel……………………………………..……..142

7. The Seventh Seal: The Two Witnesses…………..….……………………………160

III. The Third Vision: The Seven Days of Creation, or: The Church Sub Specie Aeternitatis……….……….………………….175

1. The Woman Clothed with the Sun and the Red Dragon…..…………………….176

2. The First Beast………………………………………….………………………..188

3. The False Prophet……………………………………….……………………..…202

4. The Seven Plagues…………………………………………………………....…..220

5. The Whore of Babylon…....…………………………………………………..…..233

6. The Beast and the Whore……………………………………………………...….243

7. The Triumph of Orthodoxy: (i) The Fall of the West………………………….....260

8. The Triumph of Orthodoxy: (ii) The Liberation of the East………………….…..277

9. The Triumph of Orthodoxy: (iii) The Millenium and the Last Judgement………283

Conclusion: The Eighth Day……………………………………….…………….…307

Appendix 1: Genetics, UFOs and the Birth of the Antichrist….321

Appendix 2: The Seal of the Antichrist in Soviet and Post-Soviet Russia…………………………………………………………………332

PROLOGUE

Close the words, and seal the book to the time of the end;

until many are taught and knowledge is increased.

Daniel 12.4.

The Apocalypse has as many mysteries as words.

Blessed Jerome, Epistle 53.

romanitas.ru...

Christ is Risen~

helen

[edit on 5/12/2005 by helen670]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Rev 8:10-11 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

I don't think that the accident in Chernobyl is anywhere near the disaster spelled out in Revelation. It says that 1/3 of the rivers (More than one river) become poison. Also note the little detail about it falling from the sky. Unless you have a good reason to believe that a passage needs a special interpretation, it's best to take it literally. In this case there's nothing hidden or unusual. It just says as a matter of fact that if falls from the sky.

I wish everyone would stop trying to force these prophecies into places that they don't fit. It's quite clear from reading Daniel 7,9, 12, and Revelation 12 that the end time period being discussed is 7 years long. I'm sure you are willing to agree on that point. The Chernobyl disaster happened in 1986. Let's pretend that this happened on day one of the end times and add 7 years. So it appears that Jesus returned around 1993 and set up his kingdom. I don't know about you, but if this is it, I'm a bit disappointed.

Whatever book you read this prophecy from needs thrown in the trash. It looks like someone has a wild imagination and doesn't know how to do simple addition.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by dbates]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi Dbats.....

Revelation cannot be taken all as literal.....in order for the understanding of the book of the Apocalypse .......one must ALWAYS read interpretations of the early church concerning what and how ''Revelation'' must be read and understood.....

Why?

quote///In the Apocalypse there is a noticeable specific non-synchronization of events: being above time or beyond time.
This is due to the fact that St. John contemplated the fate of mankind not from the earthly but from a Heavenly perspective, to which God's Spirit had elevated him.
In the ideal world, the flow of time stops at the throne of the Almighty and the Spiritual Gaze encompasses simultaneously the present, past, and future. Evidently,
this is the reason that the author of the Apocalypse describes some future events as those of the past and those past as in the present.
For instance,
the war of the angels in the Heavens and the expulsion of the devil from there,
events which had occurred prior to the creation of the world,
are described by St. John as though they had happened at the dawn of Christianity (Rev. ch. 12).
However,
the resurrection of the martyrs and their reign in Heaven, which encompasses the whole of the New Testament epoch,
is placed by him after the judgment of the antichrist and the false prophet (Rev. ch. 20).
Thus, the participator in the mysterious disclosures does not narrate according to the chronological sequence of events,
but rather reveals the essence of that great war of good versus evil,
which is ongoing simultaneously on several fronts and touches upon the material as well as the angelic world.
The significance of the symbols and numbers.
Symbols and allegories enable the Seer to speak of the essence of earthly events on a very high level of generalization; therefore, they are extensively used.
Thus, as an example, the eyes symbolize knowledge, and many eyes symbolize perfect knowledge.
A horn is the symbol of power or might.
Long attire denotes the clergy; a crown, imperial worthiness; and whiteness, cleanliness or purity.
The city of Jerusalem, the temple, and Israel are symbols of the Church.
The numbers also have a symbolic meaning: three symbolizes the Trinity; four is the symbol for the world and order in the world;
seven denotes completion and perfection;
twelve denotes God's people and fruition of the Church (the numbers derived from 12, such as 24 and 144,000 have the same meaning).
One-third denotes some relatively small part; three and a half years,
the time of persecutions.
The number 666 will be specifically dealt with below....more below.......

www.fatheralexander.org...

Christ is Risen

helen

Dbates.......I dont actually beleive that Christ will come to EARTH a SECOND time!
He will come to judge.....with a SIGN(sign of the CROSS) in the sky!

Quote///"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven," that is, the sign of the Cross will appear in the sky.
"And then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn,
and they shall see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."
That is, the very coming of Christ shall be in the heavens with the sign of the Cross—and that is the very end of everything.

And His kingdom shall have no end'' ..meaning that Christ appears at the end of TIME for the final judgement toward mankind... ......only after the Antichrist is DESTROYED and those that followed him and worshipped him as KING and received his MARK.....
Then it is the END OF THE WORLD....

Judgment against the devil (20:10). Universal resurrection and Last Judgment (20:11-15)....for the whole world...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Prophecy of 1053/
fits in with other Orthodox prophecies from various Saints of the Orthodox church......it also explains what the Church age has come to and how Revelation ties in with the end of the world as we know it......it is a lengthy read but very informative.....

7. The Triumph of Orthodoxy: (i) The Fall of the West

Revelation/ Chapter 18 portrays the rejoicing of the Church, and the lamentation of the world, over the destruction of the whore - western civilisation and religion as the culmination and consummation of all the religious evil since Nimrod's Babylon.

18.1-2. And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

//Again,Prophecy from various Saints ////explanation of the '''' This angel ''
(also prophecied on Saint Constantines grave to this day!)
having great power may be the same as the mighty angel of Revelation 10.1, which in turn may be identified with the Archangel Michael in Daniel 12.1.

As we have seen,
the anonymous prophet of 1053 says that the Third World War will be brought to an end by "an angel of Christ God".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the Archangel Michael's role in destroying Gog and Magog's forces in Israel is described in Ezekiel 39 and by St. Ephraim the Syrian.(another Prophecy of this Saint Ephreim the Syrian)

The description of the modern Babylon's desolation recalls Isaiah's of the ancient Babylon: Wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; an owl shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there (13.21).

And of Zephaniah's: This is the exultant city that dwelt secure, that said to herself, 'I am and there is none else.' What a desolation she has become, a lair for wild beast! Every one who passes by her hisses and shakes his fist (Zephaniah 2.15).

18.3-4. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Helen, I strongly suggest reading "Hidden Manna for the End Times" by David Eells. It is a free online publication and is VERY insightful. Here is a link...
www.americaslastdays.com...

For that matter, I suggest it to anyone...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
thanks Mojo...not that your bad!

Ill check it out.

IX
helen

new topics

top topics

join