It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think that if you just look at what's actually in the Bible with an open mind, you can find dozens of UFO accounts. The nice thing about doing this is that it can help you see that there is a positive alternative to the "grey" abducting type aliens. People often ask if the aliens are angels or demons as if they can only be one or the other. Isn't it entirely possible - and actually more likely - that they aren't all exactly the same and that some are good and some are bad? Fortunately, all of the Biblical UFOs seem to be working for the good guys.

Read full article:
UFO's in the Bible

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They are not Unidentified flying objects. Often they are Avatars or angles (messengers) of God... that is it. There is no evidance to support they have anyhting to do with extra-terestrials except that they are a mystery and cannot be explained.

it could have been just as likely some time traveling special effects guys having fun. I have no evidance except what can be done now with CGI. And it doesn't get us any closer to proving that it was Divine, extra-terrestrial, or Editing in origin

Do you really need to start a whole new thread jsut to link to an external site?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i think the bible in whole is a facinating alien story .There is evidence on just about every page of extraterrestrial beings .for example the word heaven does not mean a mystical place it means from the sky or from above.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This thread is a prime example of why I suggest you use the search feature to people This is a fascinating topic that has been discussed at length here....which is why so few responses.... if your interested in this topic, do a search and you'll find a lot to read.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just as an interesting thing....get out a Bible, and read the last part of Revelation....about the city of New Jerusalem. Tell me if THAT doesn't sound like a Close Encounters style UFO, hehe....

What I'm really curious about, is the UFOs depicted in biblical artwork commissioned, and obviously accepted, by the Church, back in the days... This is a pretty long pet project of mine, but I'm trying to learn more about the artists and individual works, to try and get an idea about what was going on in some of these paintings....

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
My favorite description of a "ufo" appearing in the bible is the story of Elijah being taken up to heaven in a "Chariot of Fire". I started an interesting thread on it a while back...

Chariot of Fire

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight. I have always said that if you follow a star you will go around in circles and end up outside your local kabab shop where virginol births are taking place.

Stars don't move fast and they don't suddenly stop above someones house as pointed out in the website link

I am convinced that UFO's have played a big part. If you where in a space craft wanting to spy on people of another world you would not want to be seen because you don't want any hostility. I have often thought a UFO can easily hide in clouds. It is a logical thing to do if you don't want to be sussed.,

If you want to appear all mysterious and powerful and you want these people to obey you, you would appear all mitier than thou to shake them up a little. Naturally they have to be less technologically advanced.

It is very realistic and very pluasable.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just as an interesting thing....get out a Bible, and read the last part of Revelation....about the city of New Jerusalem. Tell me if THAT doesn't sound like a Close Encounters style UFO, hehe....

What I'm really curious about, is the UFOs depicted in biblical artwork commissioned, and obviously accepted, by the Church, back in the days... This is a pretty long pet project of mine, but I'm trying to learn more about the artists and individual works, to try and get an idea about what was going on in some of these paintings....

You never really know with the Vatican. They have probably known things for eons. They have massive astronomical equipment... why?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh come now..who's being deceived? The Bible has all kinds of statements from those who wrote the old Testament that relate to things above - yes?

Dallas

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Dallas]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Whipnet, just read twelfth planet and start from the ground up before trying to jump in at the deep end.

top topics

join