It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did He Really Say? - a survey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh, No, not another Silverstein "pull" thread.

but what did Siverstein really say?

Listen to the actual statement and tell me which of the following transcripts is correct?
(what do you hear)

My version
"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull.' And they made that decision to pull and instead we watched the building collapse."

The Whatreallyhappened version:

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

Note the addition of one word and the deletion of the other.

Which one do you think is correct?

[edit on 11-5-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Howard....not you but is this somehow saying "Pull" as in pull the plug and level the building? in the second one I mean

maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

Do they mean "pull it" as in go ahead and knock it down?

Just wondering...I really don't follow up on this.....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here is the mp3 from what really happened.

Pull it mp3

And I say he says Pull-it 12 seconds into the tape.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nope. He says "Pull." He emphasizes the word, he does not say Pull It. Listen to the second time he say it, it is the same as the first.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander

Ok, I reall don't follow up on this stuff alot, but it seems to me that if this was a cue or this actually initiated the fall of the building that it would be on a much higher level of authority than a fire dept.

The way I understand it (from the info givin) is that the Fire Dept actually had some say in the matter......WTF? Why would a Fire Dept have any say in that?

IMO, They would not even be in the loop on a conspiracy as big as this...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Nope. He says "Pull." He emphasizes the word

I second that

Just the mention of Fire Dept totally discredits this from being true

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Howard from your link, you can see it says pull it? in the third pargraph.

I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sporty, see this post.

A while back there was another thread here where someone went onto firehouse.com and asked the firement on the forum there, what the term "pull" meant to them. The answere was that it meant to pull back.

Keep in mind that firefighters lives depend upon a understanding what is meant by a certain term. Confusion over whether the term "pull" means to demolish a building, as opposed to pulling back and leting a fire burn could get a fierfighter killed.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am done debating what he said, because the answer is clear to anyone, unless you are deaf or plain stupid.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Howard from your link, you can see it says pull it? in the third pargraph.

That is my whole point, the Whatreallhappened transcript is flawed. It is incorrect, leading to an incorrect conclusion.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have just listened to this mp3 about twenty times through, and have composed my own transcript.

Here is what I think it says:

"I remember getting a call from the, uh, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire. And I said, ‘You know we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is -is pull it.' Uh, and they made that decision to pull, and then we watched the building collapse."

When he says the word "then" close to the end, there seems to be an accidental "s" pronounced at the beginning of the word, as in "and sthen"

My husband thought that sounded like "instead" too, until I played it over a few more times, so I can see where you got that, but I'm pretty sure it's "then".

[edit to correct spelling DOH!]

[edit on 11/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well Howard I guess we agree to disagree again

In the same program a cleanup worker referred to the demolition of WTC 6: "... we're getting ready to pull the building six."

There can be little doubt as to how the word "pull" is being used in this context.

Listen here mp3

[edit on 11/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok, I think I see what this is all about.....

Like I said before, If a conspiracy of this caliber actually did happen
a freakin fire department would not have any say in the matter....
they would not know about it, not be involved in it, or even anything that could connect them to it.

Think about it...it's a fire dept!!!! Vietnam vets and kindigarten heroes...why in the heck would they be involved in this? how would they benifit.

BTW, Pull means GTFO...Get The Fudge Out in my line of work dealing with stacks and other things that require team work and simple commands.

There is a reason why "Pull" is used.......when poop hit the fan the brain loses fine motor skills and cannot process complex commands.

Pull is an American command for back out and get out. SWAT, Fire, police, feds...they all use it.

Only makes sense

[edit on 11/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Well Howard I guess we agree to disagree again

In the same program a cleanup worker referred to the demolition of WTC 6: "... we're getting ready to pull the building six."

There can be little doubt as to how the word "pull" is being used in this context.

Listen here mp3

Which is a totally different context now isn't it?

Clean up workers are not firemen and vice versa.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just listened like 10 times....he says a very emphasized "PULLL"

And also when he says "pull" for the second time....he clearly says

"pull" with no "it".

No if the first time he said "pull it" then he would most likely say "pull it" the second time he said "Pull" in the statement.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well I just listened to it slowed down but with the same pitch and he does say pull it.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
He clearly says pull it the first time I would bet my life on it. Sporty and Howard you are wrong. Try listening to it slowed down like Sauron did and you will be shocked.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No. He says pull. He over emphasizes the word and draws out the LL sound which is why it sounds as if there is a second syllable in there.

If he said Pull it, then why do you have to slow it down to pick it out?

He actually does the same thing the second time he says pull, only it is not so distinct. He draws out the LL sound there also.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
CPYKOmega, Im gonna pretend for one post that he says "Pull It".

yes Im gonna drop my BS guard one time........

With that said...this may have been discussed before, but
why would a Fire Department be involved in such matters?

The powers that be could not possibly confide in fireman to handle
such a responsibility. They are FIREMAN, hometown good guys alright.

How would they benifit from this? Im sure if it was true...someone would have spoke up by now....someone with credintials.

[edit on 11/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
here is a slowed down version, and for the last time he says pull it

Slowed down of pull it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join