It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any reliable News Source?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder if you people can help spot the best and most independent news source out there. Basically what news site can we trust, if we can trust any. I really wanted to know, because CNN is whashington's agenda and BBC is england's, then reuters I don't know, and of others I have no information.
PLEASE HELP ME

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i've always found it's best to read multiple news sources to get the facts straight.

personally i like to read at least 2 or 3 versions of the same story, from different news outlets (and no i dont mean 3 different sites with the same AP feed
)

sorry, but there is no silver bullet solution here (but a good place to start is news.google.com... - they always link to alternate versions of the stories)

[edit on 11-5-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sure, Here you go: ATSNN.com

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
i've always found it's best to read multiple news sources to get the facts straight.

personally i like to read at least 2 or 3 versions of the same story, from different news outlets (and no i dont mean 3 different sites with the same AP feed
)

sorry, but there is no silver bullet solution here (but a good place to start is news.google.com... - they always link to alternate versions of the stories)

[edit on 11-5-2005 by negativenihil]

I agree. I have some links to Domestic (USA) Online Newspapers and Foreign Newspapers. Some of the latter are in English, some not. By reading and comparing, I can usually figure out what the truth is, without the "subtle" shading that is so common.
For Example, the RefDesk Newspaper Index covers both US and Foreign Papers. Many are in English. refdesk.com...
You could also look at Online Newspapers.Com. www.onlinenewspapers.com...
How about using the Yahoo indexes?
US papers ---
dir.yahoo.com...
Newspapers by Country
dir.yahoo.com...
Perhaps NewspaperLinks (aka NewsVoyager ) would be more to your liking. It also has a listing of Worldwide and US newspapers.
www.newspaperlinks.com...
I hope this can help.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here is another good site

www.1stheadlines.com...

No really check it all out.. you'll find links from many sources and it is always updated with the very latest news.. look in the bar at the right and you can find the top news from any given area and region of the world.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Here is another good site

www.1stheadlines.com...

No really check it all out.. you'll find links from many sources and it is always updated with the very latest news.. look in the bar at the right and you can find the top news from any given area and region of the world.

thank you...

and great thread...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is a news station posted in Arabia. America has tried to bomb it, which shows how important this news station is. There is an English translation, and that's where the link leads to. Here you go: english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 5/20/2005 by DucKid]

[edit on 5/20/2005 by DucKid]

new topics

top topics

join