It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, my name is Mycroft.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I've been checking out these forums for a few days now, and I have to say they are way cool! I can not believe I am just now discovering them.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hello Mycroft...welcome to

ATS

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to fill me in on the local mysteries, I'd appreciate that. Some questions I havn't been able to answer on my own include:

1: What are the pink and blue envelopes on the left hand side of the forum display screen? Do they mean something?

2: What does "Take back ATS" mean, and why do some people have it written on their avatar? Take it back from who or what?

3: I've pretty much figured out that ATS level and the bar graphs underneath it is just a fun way of keeping track of who posts a lot and who's been around for a long time, but is there any known method to it? How come some people have four rows on their bar graph, do you get "insider appreciation" added for making a thousand posts, or what?

4: What happens when I press the "vote" button under this graph?

5: Is there some "intro to ATS" page where all these questions are answered and I just missed it?

Answers very much appreciated. My thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Welcome Mycroft.

You will find most of the answers to you questions on the XMB forum.

You should also read the Terms and Conditions above this forum.At the bottom of that page you will find a description of the envelopes.The Website Message board updates should give you still further imfo.

I hope this is a help.JB1

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mycroft, no mysteries as JB said most questions can be answered in the XMB forum, the forum FAQ, or a simple "search".

1. Envelopes

Dark blue - An open topic with new posts (Orange - more than 20 replies)
Light blue - An open topic (Pink - more than 20 replies)

2. Our motto at ATS is "deny ignorance"

3. Your colored bars are a secret formula based on certain things about you which I am not at freedom to tell.
The "insider appreciation" points are given out by staff members at their discretion to reward members for quality posts.

4. The "vote" button is to vote for a fellow member for the monthly "ATS Way Above Award" which recognizes members for their positive contributions to the board. You can vote for 3 members a month.

5. XMB forum is where we discuss forum features, problems, etc.

Also, the "ignore" next to your "vote" button is to obviously ignore posts by a certain member if you choose to do so.

Hope that clears things up a bit, have fun!

Any other problems or questions, feel free to u2u a staff member.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
hi and welcome. good posts to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thank you for all the responses, especially ProudAmerican, that was most helpful.

I'm still a little vague on what "Take Back ATS" means. Take it back from...?

"Deny Ignorance" could be taken more than one way, is that on purpose?

Again, thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hello Mycroft and welcome to ATS!

So....ur just discovering these forums...may i say that once in...u can never get out!

How about a little about yourself?

Take care and happy hunting
Gryff

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hi Mycroft what bevvy would you like?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sherlock's wiser brother! Welcome to the asylum, Mycroft!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Gryffen- About myself? Hmmm. I'm married, father of one. I work in the financial industry. I like to stay informed on world events, and I like to think I keep an open mind, yet not so open my brain falls out.

Drunk- I like scotch & water as well as a variety of other mixed drinks, wine and beer. Hmm, now that I think about it, it seems there isn't much I don't like.

Have you ever tried absinthe?

Estragon- Sherlocks wiser (but less ambitious) brother, and also the name of a self-aware computer in some of the older Heinlein novels.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ah, now I get "Take Back ATS". Thanks William for putting the info in the blog.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance, good sir, I am known as MaskedAvatar.

My imbibery habits also extend to a number of single malts, and also to 'the king of spirits'. All in moderation.

Unfortunately, the quality of many of the current Spanish and Eastern European absinthes, to me, leaves much to be desired. Very heavy on the alcohol, low on the thujones. I look at some of them as imitations not worthy of the name.

What is your preparation method, and have you ever had an interesting supervised experience of the more potent variants?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar,

I've never tried it, though I would like to. It's not easy to come by in the United States. If you would like to offer advice on the best brand to look for, both in thujone content and flavor, I'd very much appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Mycroft
Welcome to the post, and dont be scared to post.
"TBATS" seems to have scared alot of members to post.

Scoth and water, never tried.
Im not a heavy drinker myself, but will try that when i get the chance.
Deep

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Aye, and belated welcome and greetings Mycroft. My apologies for this.

I hope you enjoy your time here.....the colored pills are down the hall.....you can check out but you can never leave....and oh.....loads of great people here!

Enjoy.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Capt. Morgan and Coke! O and seekerof is right this is the online hotel california!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
What does it take to get to level 2?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Never mind. I made it. I can go to bed now.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I hope some of your questions are answered here.

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO'S

top topics

<<   2 >>

join