It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000 year old shoe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is about a 2,000 year old shoe found in a tree trunk.
I think it is an awsome find. An old shoe now that is new

Here is the website www.livescience.com...

[edit on 11-5-2005 by gothica91]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
All kinds of things are found like this in england, when i lived there a friend of mine found a very old broken brittle sword lodged in a tree. It was severely rusted and looked like a roman gladius.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Read and saw this yesterday on the yahoo news headlines... so naturally, I mailed it to my friends, with the added optional comment:

"We must gather our shoes!"

Anyway...

It is rather interesting to note that shoes haven't changed much in appearance in 2000 years. Suprized there isn't a ~ symbol on the side, too.

**edit, spelling typo**

[edit on 11-5-2005 by soothsayer]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I never knew this could be possible

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
yeh i heard something not to long ago that a shoe was found in a quarry but cant remember the link dam memory

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
All kinds of things are found like this in england, when i lived there a friend of mine found a very old broken brittle sword lodged in a tree. It was severely rusted and looked like a roman gladius.

Wow!! I wish I was lucky enough to find something like that. But I have found loads of musket balls and stuff near my grandparents house in Somerset.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It is amazing what is found.. there is more out there to be found to show us on what was happening in the past

new topics

top topics

join