It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Cream Vendor Calls Child Fattie (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just how far will the lean vs. fat battle go?
Seems like people are going way overboard with the discriminations against obesity, not to mention the second hand smoke issue.This story caught my eye as I could not believe this headline was for real. Are these priority subjects for peole to be concentratiing on?

www.pittsburghlive.com
Nazzareno Didiano, 44, stopped dishing out peanut butter bars and Blue Bunnies last May 12 and began pummeling a pudgy-faced Bloomfield teen during a meltdown.

The teen, now 14, told Allegheny County Judge John A. Zottola during a brief trial that Didiano grabbed him by the arm, yanked him from his bike, punched him in the face and slammed him into a wall.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How far should the punishment go for a man who attacks a child over ice cream?
Have to remember the good old days, when a child was lucky enough to have the money to meet the ice cream truck, the highlight of a child's day.
And the child is not totally innocent either, but the age difference does have to matter.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 11-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The ice cream guy is by no means in the right, but the bratty little boy should have had some sort of punishment as well. Judging by how the article portrays the boys behavior in court it doesn't seem as if he has learned a lesson and he feels that taunting people is acceptable.

Dumb situation all the way around. Two hot-heads, one a grown man, one a boy, and both appear to have about the same level of maturity. Pitiful.

Jemison

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jemison;

I agree totally,the kid was a brat, but all children who overeat have problems, IMO.
Guess I do not recognize this country as it once was??

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok that ice cream vendor went too far. However sometimes kids need some good old fashioned whackings to learn anything (trust me I'm the same age). Yes the vendor was wrong in near every aspect. But it's a win win situation. Thats one potential time bomb who's no longer out serving ice cream and another overweigh teen who's now thinking about his weight.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
>.Ok that ice cream vendor went too far. However sometimes kids need some good old fashioned whackings to learn anything (trust me I'm the same age). Yes the vendor was wrong in near every aspect. But it's a win win situation. Thats one potential time bomb who's no longer out serving ice cream and another overweigh teen who's now thinking about his weight.<

How smart and aware you are.Your posting gives me a lot of hope for your generation.
Please keep on being you,,you are a treasure..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
People are too darn easy on kids.....this little son-of-a-gun had no business talking to an older man like that.

He really isnt that fat anways......But if the older man hit him then the older man should be severely punished, still no excuse for the boys actions.

[edit on 11/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm glad this made the news

The judge seems fair (could have been worse)
the story points out the kid snickered in court
the ice cream guy probably saved the kid from a life regret if the kid is now really weight-conscious.

And the mother- instead of railing about the light sentence she agreed!

[edit on 11-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow an Ice Cream Nazi; NO ICECREAM for j00!

Who whines about icecream prices? *thinks of homer j simpson*

*mmm dippin' dots*

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
How smart and aware you are.Your posting gives me a lot of hope for your generation.

Sorry if I sounded a bit ignorant there. I don't think I'm better than the rest of my generation, I'm just cynical. Look around my school and I see an obesity problem, but thats not what gets me. It's the fact that probably 90% aren't even trying to do something about it.

Anyhow the ice cream vendor went too far but perhaps the kid deserved it. From the sound of it he did instigate the whole thing, and then look what he does in court. He giggles, of all things to do. Being in the same age group I can honestly say that he acted very inmature for his age. I've met sixth graders (no offense to the sixth graders, I was once one myself) with more maturity. They both got what they deserved.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He did the kid a favor, when he's 40 years old he'll look back and say

"thank you ice cream man, I know I was an rude beligerant fat-body and a little punk kid. You made me aware of my fat body, I was aware before but my mom told me to lie and say I was not so people would feel sorry for me....thanks to you Im no longer a fat slob and confined to my bed..thank you"

Yup, that's what he'll say. This little punk needed a rude awakening. He has no business talking to people like that. But the man had no right to hit him (if in fact did).

Kids whyne too much these. And blame thier faults on other people.
Why did the mother say he is NOW self conscious about his weight???
WTF, as if he didnt know he was a Fat-body before all this.......

Someone call the wambulance!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
not news...

people have errors...

no one is perfect...

'cept Jesus

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Sorry if I sounded a bit ignorant there.

I don't think Siriuslyone was being sarcastic, I think it was an honest compliment. I'd say the same thing, you've got a good balanced outlook for your age. There's hope for the world yet..

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
not news...

people have errors...

no one is perfect...

'cept Jesus

Apparently Jesus is a long way from perfect in West Virginia..

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wonder if he quit his job on his own?
Or did his company fire him for running around and beating up their number 1 demagraphic

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Apparently Jesus is a long way from perfect in West Virginia..

maybe...

the end is near...

(maybe)...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't think Siriuslyone was being sarcastic, I think it was an honest compliment. I'd say the same thing, you've got a good balanced outlook for your age. There's hope for the world yet..

As you tell tell I'm not very good at recognizing sarcasm either (assuming it was sarcasm). Anyhow thanks for the compliment.

Now if only parents would actually tell their kids that they need to do something. I understand that not everybody can have a fast metabolism and all but sometimes you've just go to take what life gives you and make the most of it. Perhaps if kids actually had to participate in gym class, then maybe we'd see some change.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

As you tell tell I'm not very good at recognizing sarcasm either (assuming it was sarcasm). Anyhow thanks for the compliment.

Now if only parents would actually tell their kids that they need to do something. I understand that not everybody can have a fast metabolism and all but sometimes you've just go to take what life gives you and make the most of it. Perhaps if kids actually had to participate in gym class, then maybe we'd see some change.

Dear one;

It was indeed a compliment..the very best to you..
You do not write nor think 14 and I am old enough to be your Mom, so I feel I know when I hear an exceptional child..
Please keep on keeping on and you will go far...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Oh the poor kid is self concious, what a shame
He deserved a good beating about the head but the ice cream guy went the wrong way about it ,not that it matters now.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
that kid deserved to get his arse kicked, obviously the little bastard aint gettin discipline at home

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That's kind of funny.

The ice cream vendor should have known better, seeing as he is an adult. What was said was certainly not worth a punch or even throwing. They should have just carried on their childish retorts and let things lie.

Crazy people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join