It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a bit unsure about this but here goes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ok, so i decided to write about this thing that happened to me. The ONLY reason i put it in this forum, was because people here seem to have experienced a wide range of stuff, and i'm hoping that someone will read this and think..."ah, that happened to me" OR "oh, i know what this is"

Let me point out first off, i dont think its anything serious. i am just curious and after speaking about it to a couple of people i know, and searching for medical similarities on the internet, i found nothing....so here goes.

A while back, was sometime last year, i was having a daytime nap (one of those 20 minute deals), and i cant say i was really asleep, just dozing really. But suddenly, i was brought out of my dozing by a whooshing sound which FELT like it hit my left ear. The closest sound i can think of to describe this, is the sound you get when you swing a tennis racket really fast.
Anyway, although that was odd, i never really thought about it alot.

Then just after Boxing Day last year, i was sleeping. And i was dreaming for some reason (dont ask) of Ashton Kutcher and some other people ice skating (?)....the point being, it was funny, and i remember laughing in my dream. Straight after which i felt this whoosh again, this time hitting on my right ear, and louder than before also.
Well, this time i opened my eyes and lifted my left leg and felt the pulse in my left thigh was going crazy. I have never even been aware of any pulse in my leg before but this night, it was going so fast and seemingly so loud, that it scared me more than the whooshing sound. After about 5 seconds, it slowed down.

So at that point, i started thinking about the other time it happened. But this time, i could feel something in my ears. Both ears, not just the one the sound hit. It was almost like a very, very low pitched drone, but for the entire day, after waking up again, it was there, and it also felt like my ears were blocked.

Although i thought about this time a bit more, it stopped going through my thoughts after a couple of months.
Until today. I was having my little 20 minute nap again during the day, when i heard this sound, but this time, it was IN my head. Like a thought, but not a thought, if you know what i mean.
Now i have tried recreating this sound inside my head, but its nothing like it actually was.

Well, thats all. I know, it probably sounds stupid, and i admit, i feel abit stupid writing it. But for the life of me, i have searched every variation of "whoosh sounds, ear sounds, whooshing ears" on the net, trying to find SOMETHING...lol...but found nothing.

So is there anyone out there who can enlighten me? Its just a very weird feeling, and i think the one today just freaked me out more than when it hit my ears. It was in my HEAD!...lol...i can actually remember it so well, it went from the left side of head to the right, and it even felt like it was heading towards the front of my head.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Assuming you don't have a medical problem-----the feeling and the sound of a bumble bee in your ear can be a signature that you have been visited by those pesky ETs.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Did these sounds happening after you showered?
It could be nothing more than water locked in the ear cannal, which will then flow out giving a sudden sound like you describe. You may not have been aware of water being there, or a slight loss in hearing. Then all of a sudden , WHOOSH and your hearing seems to be slightly louder.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
sleeper.....i recently had to go to the doctors because i thought i had an ear infection, so he checked my ears anyway, but nothing. Apart from that, it could be something but from what i've read, most ear problems bring with them ringing, pain and the like. And apart from that one day, there has been no humming or pain or anything.
As for aliens...well, i do believe in abductions but i cant say that it ever crossed my mind that i had been the victim of one. I dont recall anything out of the ordinary apart from what i wrote.

Bikereddie....i know what you mean about the shower/water in ear thing. I have had this happen on many ocassions, and this was nothing like it. For a start, no, it didnt happen after showering. Secondly, it was louder, and felt like it was hitting or entering my ear, rather than air being expelled.
Also, there was the thing yesterday when it was inside my head.

When i wrote that yesterday, i said it was like a thought but not a thought. After reflection, i think that was a wrong description. The best way to explain it would be to say, i FELT it inside my head. Like a headache pain that shoots through you, but this was the definite whoosh thing.

Thanks for your replies anyway. I realise that this is nothing special. Its just frustrating not knowing what something is, especially when it happens 3 times and there isnt anything accompanying it.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by geek101]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
So is there anyone out there who can enlighten me? Its just a very weird feeling, and i think the one today just freaked me out more than when it hit my ears. It was in my HEAD!...lol...i can actually remember it so well, it went from the left side of head to the right, and it even felt like it was heading towards the front of my head.

I've experienced what you describe. I don't think it has anything to do with
UFO's though.

When it has happened to me it seems to coincide with being in a
dream/awake state. When my state of mind is crossing over between
the real world and the dream world (and back again). It does not occur
very often but when it does I "hear" a rush and sort of get jolted back
into reality. I put the word hear in quotes because I don't think I'm really
hearing anything with my ears. It is the sort of hearing you do when your
dreaming (with your mind) but for some reason I can hear this really loud
"wooosh" when the transition from dream state to awake occurs.

This sort of event seems to only occur when I'm spending a prolonged
amount of time in the "in between" state.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
thank you :-)

I have been waiting and waiting to hear from someone else who has experienced this. I never thought it had anything to do with ufos.
I understand what you mean. Its like when you "hear" someone shout and you wake up, and realise that the shout was not real.
The only thing that makes me think that this wasnt what you described, was the pulse in my leg racing, the fact that the second time it happened, i had a very distinct blockage and humming in my ears, and also the last time was more in my head, not outside near my ears.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have heard of this,
and, have heard it myself.
It's a whooshing sound, for sure..
It was explained to me like this:

As you fall asleep, you go through sort of a threshold, between awake, and asleep..When this happens, there is a rush of signals in your brain..
Similar to an epileptic pattern, but not nearly as strong...at least not usually. Because sometimes, that rush, is enough to wake you back up again..Sometimes it will cross the Corpus Callosum from the right to the left brain, or even the other way..And it really is like a mini-siezure..

I just asked a doctor about it once, and the above is what he told me, paraphrased...OH, he also said it's perfectly normal..!
Do you remember if you twitched a little?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
no i dont remember twitching, but thanks for the explanation. However, it still doesnt account for the humming/blockage thingy.
And i still dont understand why the first couple of times, it felt like it was hitting my ears, and the third time, it was definitely inside my head.

I honestly do know that feeling, it happened the other night, i was sleeping and woke up after hearing a shout. Of course, the shout was part of my dream and i recognised it as such.

The point i made about my Ashton Kutcher dream (ahem) was that at first glance, one WOULD think it was dreamlike, but because i KNEW i was having a happy funny dream, it was even more strange to wake to that whooshing effect AND have my pulse racing so fast

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
hmm.

Maybe the location was related to which part of the brain was "storming".

Funny, the first time it happened to me, I dreamt I was at a birthday party
(I was about 5 years old)...In the dream I could see a kid sneaking up behind me, then popping a balloon, like I knew it was going to happen..
Maybe thats the equivalent of your humming sound...a warning that you're about to DISCHARGE!

It's only happened a few times to me, about 5 times total..

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
thanks for the replies.....its just kind of nice to know someone else has had this. I'm a pretty positive person and usually things dont worry me at all, but this had me perplexed. I know the body can do some weird things and failing any medical condition, i was just curious to know if other people had had this happen to them.
so thank you :-)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
nope you aren't alone..

As a matter of fact. I called into a radio show a few years ago and told the story to a few million people. I called myself the whoosher from Nevada..LOL

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Geek101, dont worry about it, or maybe yeah you should.

Its the blood in your veins, the whoosh is the blood being pumped by your heart at a higher rate then the resting rate.

Maybe you have a really strong heart valve that raises your blood pressure by a couple bars in a mere fraction of a second.

When you dream, your body systems are at rest, heart rate goes down etc, amount of blood pressure alos drops. As you wake up or maybe in your case have zero transistion time from deep resting sleep to "awake" your blood pressure rises and your body system resume at their normal "awake" mode.

What you are experiencing is the immediate transition from deep dream sleep to "awake" and the whoosh is the sudden movement of blood through the capillaries near your ear drum that is giving you something like a bone/sonic induction resonace. Only the source is inside your head.

This ties in with your legs as the lack of adequate blood pressure in your legs while you are sleeping then the immediate increase in pressure in the "awake" state excits the neurons in your legs and hence the feelings that you are getting.

While not troubling you should at least have a physical including blood work to make sure your total body systems are fine and that you have no other condition like a blockage in the supply artery to your legs etc.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
that was an interesting reply. Thanks for that. Can i ask, how you know this? I suppose it fits in with what happened. Ok, now you;ve worried me now...lol (nervous laugh)
I dont know where you're from but here in the UK, (or just from my doctor), its not that easy to demand a physical. Its usually a "it'll be fine" or "heres some pills" and there you go. Maybe if i mention this to him, it'll be different.
Anyway, thank you. Even though this had nothing to do with aliens and ufos, no-one told me to go away and it was nice to get some answers.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I can't really explain the hows and whys in what I know. But hopefully what I have provided will at least give you a starting point of what to look for.

new topics

top topics

join