Religious Right are wanna be slavers

page: 1

join

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The strict interpretation of the bible supports & encourages slavery and advises people on how to aquire and when its ok to have sex with female slaves.

It also wants to put women back into a completely subordinate role.

The man is the master. The woman is his subject.

The strongholds of the religious right are the same strongholds of historical slavery. Coincedence? I think not.

Simple minded people always fall back to the most base form of humanity.
Religions invariably have to pander to the lowest common denominator to gather the biggest congregations.

These ignorant bozos understand nothing else.

They are not surrending themselves to a higher purpose.

They simply want to be your slave masters.

They want to dictate all social policies.

Eventually they will, as sure as raindrops fall down from the sky want to re-institute slavery, as the bible promotes.

The world was created 5000 years ago and slavery is cool with God.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Exodus 21:7 says that it is ok to sell your daughter into SLAVERY!

ALso, in the south(red states) they used the bible to teach their property(blacks) that god ordered them to be slaves.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
far right=wanna be slavers
far left= wanna be communist

no big deal

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
mmm, gross generalizations.

WTG4tehwin

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
what's the big deal with slavery

every race has been slaves to another at some point, and it's just a natural part of world history that when one nation overcame another, the defeated people would become the victors' slaves.

examples:
Egyptians made Hebrews into slaves
Hebrews made Canaanites into slaves
Babylonians made Hebrews into slaves
Romans made everyone into slaves
Europeans made Africans into slaves

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The strict interpretation of the bible supports & encourages slavery and advises people on how to aquire and when its ok to have sex with female slaves.

Alot of things that are in the Bible are not in it because it's right, it's in it to show us that mankind is bent away from God and bent toward evil. There is a story in the OT about a man who cut up his mistress into 12 peices and put her cut up body throughout Israel. Jeffrey Dahmer did the same thing, he cut up people. 4000 years seperated them and yet man still does the same type of things. God is showing us that without Him we are bent toward destruction of ourselves and others. Jesus came to bring us back to God.

Everything in the Bible is not there because God approves of it.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
what's the big deal with slavery

every race has been slaves to another at some point, and it's just a natural part of world history that when one nation overcame another, the defeated people would become the victors' slaves.

examples:
Egyptians made Hebrews into slaves
Hebrews made Canaanites into slaves
Babylonians made Hebrews into slaves
Romans made everyone into slaves
Europeans made Africans into slaves

To attempt to explain that "everything is okay" simply b/c it has occurred in our history is quite irrational....

But given the ideology behind your screen name and your thought process, I realize that my time will be wasted even attempting to explain my side of the fence....A.) You won't listen with an unbiased ear, and B.) You wouldn't respect it even if it came from the whispering lips of your own deity....

If that offends you then I must humbly admit that I'm not sorry...

*hums "The Cat's in the Cradle"*

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Revelation 18:13 - And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Revelation 18:13 - And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

That's sort of a cryptic response SC....

You've sort of removed the context around that though.....Are you simply posting that as proof that it's in the Bible?

I wouldn't think of you as someone who would agree that slavery is acceptable....

[edit on 5/31/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Anybody to me that fall prey to the so called "chosen man's of God" have been deceived, this people are false prophets as "by bible standards" also anybody that said that salvation only will be granted if you believe in them and follow religion under their guidance and personal interpretation are making themselves above their fellow human beings.

These people only follow one God, and that God is the one that give them the sick pleasure of been able to control the masses.

Since men have been on earth, are two things he wants more than anything to control, women’s uterus, and the entire world.

Human in their hastiness to be different from any other species in this earth has made an earthy God with a home in Haven that looks just like us.

Even going to the extreme to make him "male" so the females of the species do not stand a chance.

We humans are not different that the rest of the animal kingdom but we have been endowed with a beautiful gift of reasoning and free will.

But what we do, we had divided ourselves with races, religion and believe that one God is better than the other one, one race is better than the rest one religion is better than the other religions.

Is always those out there that wants control of everything including reasoning and free will because that makes people smarter and not as easily maniputalted.

Pity, one day humans will achieve enlightenment if we don't kill each other before.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by marg6043]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
More to the point of there will always be slaves, even upon rapture.

Slaves not by race or color but slaves. I gave the script number if you want to look it up.

Here are some rules for you, on how you can treat your slave.

Exodus 9:20 - Then he who feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his slaves and his cattle flee into the houses;

Exodus 9:21 - but he who did not regard the word of the LORD left his slaves and his cattle in the field.

Exodus 12:44 - but every slave that is bought for money may eat of it after you have circumcised him.

Exodus 21:2 - When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.

Exodus 21:5 - But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,'

Exodus 21:7 - "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.

Exodus 21:20 - "When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.

Exodus 21:21 - But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be punished; for the slave is his money.

Exodus 21:26 - "When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free for the eye's sake.

new topics
top topics

join