It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
First: rainbows are formed by droplets of water within the atmosphere when sunlight strikes them at an angle. Take your hose and nozzle set on mist and spray it at a 90° angle to the sun. And don't try it on a cloudy day, either.

Please take the time to read the inital post.

Second: If there were glass in the atmosphere, Earth would be so hot we wouldn't be living here. The greenhouse effect provided by the air alone is enough for us to live on. Have you stepped into a glass greenhouse on a hot sunny day before?

Everything is relative my friend. You see the glass making things hotter, I see it keeping us cozy from -400 space.

Third: I'm an amateur astronomer who goes out many many nights to observe, and I know all about atmospheric distortion. If there were glass in the atmosphere, atmospheric distortion would be so horrible you wouldn't believe it. Look at a lamp through a smooth round glass. Move the glass left and right. See how elongated the light becomes? If the atmosphere had glass in it, while watching a sunset it would appear to stretch across a huge portion of the sky.

It sure distorts a lot, maybe not stretching across the sky, but maybe it doesn't stretch across the sky because the sun/glass scale ratio compared to the light bulb/drinking glass is considerably smaller. Maybe another reason, not sure. But tekitites alone should prove there is glass up there. No other reason needed.

Does any of this count as evidence, or will it be "debunked" by you right along with everybody else's perfectly true scientific explanations?

debunked!

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
First off religion is not science.So you belive all the years of study and lots of space shuttle flights you think the earth is surrounded in glass.What kind of proof do you have did you fly up into the atmosphere untill you found glass:shk::shk::shk:
PS. sry if i came off as an @$$

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Plumbo, why does your little robot-guy have a McDonald's symbol on his face? Is that somehow part of the picture you're describing to us? Is McDonalds a bigger part of the "universe conspiracy" or whatever you think we are all brainwashed with?

Isn't Cyrus Teed's sphere, although inverted, still just a sphere hanging in space? I mean, okay so our sphere has God at the center of it, but outside our sphere, what exists? That is to say, if we dig and dig, what will we find? A metal plate? What if we burn through it? A vacuum of some "other space"? Well couldn't we then go out and explore the outer surface of this metal sphere we all live in?

Wouldn't you agree that this should be the largest and most primary goal of mankind-- to dig into the Earth and thereby go into actual outer space or whatever it is that lies beneath the dirt?

I am also curious as to why you list your city as Chicago. As I recall, Teed's religion got started there. Is that why you are there or is it just coincidence?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Plumbo, why does your little robot-guy have a McDonald's symbol on his face? Is that somehow part of the picture you're describing to us? Is McDonalds a bigger part of the "universe conspiracy" or whatever you think we are all brainwashed with?

I like you're inquisive nature SP.

My little robot is named Mel. He was/is the training character for part of the McDonalds e-learning I created/animated for them.
You can visit my work at:
www.mcdlearn.com...
User ID: mcdlearn
Password: elearning

Isn't Cyrus Teed's sphere, although inverted, still just a sphere hanging in space? I mean, okay so our sphere has God at the center of it, but outside our sphere, what exists? That is to say, if we dig and dig, what will we find? A metal plate? What if we burn through it? A vacuum of some "other space"? Well couldn't we then go out and explore the outer surface of this metal sphere we all live in?

VGQ. I guess if we keep digging deeper we'll find out. So far it's about 9 miles. I personally don't think the shell is much deeper. But according to the bible, "hell" is on the outside.

Wouldn't you agree that this should be the largest and most primary goal of mankind-- to dig into the Earth and thereby go into actual outer space or whatever it is that lies beneath the dirt?

No.
I would say that converting the world to Christianity would be.

I am also curious as to why you list your city as Chicago. As I recall, Teed's religion got started there. Is that why you are there or is it just coincidence?

DOB: 12/31/66

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

My little robot is named Mel. He was/is the training character for part of the McDonalds e-learning I created/animated for them.

Wow, outstanding flash work there. Very impressive. Makes me remember how McD's employees actually have to work harder and more precisely than most executives.

I guess if we keep digging deeper we'll find out. So far it's about 9 miles. I personally don't think the shell is much deeper. But according to the bible, "hell" is on the outside.

So our sphere of Earth is actually floating in the middle of hell, but cooled internally by God at the center of the sphere? I don't know if the bible is a credible enough book to make me believe this. Lots of stupid and bad things in the bible, frankly. To use that book as your only base for this statement is stretching it. I mean, if they dug down far enough, and found lava, it wouldn't prove anything because hollow-earthers might say, "Oh, well that is hell. We dug down and found out that outside the inverted sphere of Earth is simply a lake of molten rock which Earth floats inside." I doubt you will ever convince someone of this based on the bible.

Also, would there be other Earth-like spherical balls floating in the lava? Couldn't we build some kind of lava-proof ship and swim to these spheres, drill into them, and greet those other beings and maybe even God #2 at the center of their sphere?

I would say that converting the world to Christianity would be.

I guess this is the expected answer from any Christian who believes in hellfire. I am assuming you believe non-Christians will be punished in the afterlife?

DOB: 12/31/66

Well it's a pretty impressive coincidence. Did you recieve the gospel of Teed from a Chicago-area native? I imagine Teed-style believers are more prevalent in Chicago. Is there a group of you guys that meet regularly? I know Teed built his own city in Florida and I think he said it was holy ground or something.

Could you tell us more about why Teed is a heretic? If was to reject all of established geographical and space sciences, I imagine I'd be more likely to follow the originator of all these wierd ideas (and who actually received the vison) as opposed to those who call him a heretic or an apostate.

If I adopted your beliefs, would you encourage me to not follow Teed or read his materials? I am curious.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Where did it come from?

A. Earth? (Sedimentary rocks exploding like a zit from a meteor impact, ascending WAY high up into the air? Sudden hot flash instantly melting it to EXTREME temperatures traveling at supersonic speed? Then comes crashing back to earth? :shk:

Sounds more like a bad one-eyed claymation cyclops meets sinbad the sailor sequence from the 1960's

B. Space?(No cosmic radiation, no similarities to moon rock) :shk:

C. Glass Rim at top of sky?

If you picked C, then you win!!!

twinkle, twinkle little star,
Now I know how you twinkle,
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond(and about the size of one too) in the sky.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
wiccians make more sence than this.

sorry to all you wiccians if i offend anyone

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Physics of all cellestial bodies in the universe dictate anything with sufficient gravitaitonal mass is circular.. sorry, spherical. the Earth must be spherical, because for it to form into any other shape, it would have to be artificial. the reason for this, is when stuff attracts together, it averages out and its general shape will be spherical. its a law of physics. other shapes on a planetary scale can't be made. end of. hence, no square planets. BUT.. to have any form of a glassened atmosphere, would require having some sort of sand or stone composite if i'm not mistaken. i must admit, i can understand how it stays up, if it is spread across the entire planet, then gravity will be pulling down on every "corner" of the earth, therefore balancing out and staying up. but for such a massive feat of engineering, mechanical or natural. would need a infrastructure strong enough to support what, 9x10to the power of 25 tonnes of glass? and since there isn't, the glass would have to be i'd guess 50m thick to have any chance of being strong enough to not collapse on itself. therefore, there wouldn't be much cutting through 50m glass. especially relatively slow moving shuttles!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva
Physics of all cellestial bodies in the universe dictate anything with sufficient gravitaitonal mass is circular.. sorry, spherical. the Earth must be spherical, because for it to form into any other shape, it would have to be artificial. the reason for this, is when stuff attracts together, it averages out and its general shape will be spherical. its a law of physics.

Never said the earth was not spherical, just inverted.

Here's a model I drew up...

the glass would have to be i'd guess 50m thick to have any chance of being strong enough to not collapse on itself. therefore, there wouldn't be much cutting through 50m glass. especially relatively slow moving shuttles!

Gravity would be fictitious in this inversion model, so a balanced glass sphere hovering inside the earth on air pressure would not need to be that thick.

Please try to explain away my theory on the origin of tektites.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So quick question, why do all those photos from space show the earth being round? I mean if lets say any of the satellites that we have sent up ,have shown the earth as round. and also pictures we have taken fromt he moon have shown it as round.

Eight days after its encounter with the Earth, the Galileo spacecraft looked back and captured this remarkable view of the Earth and the Moon. This image was taken from a distance of about 6.2 million kilometers (3.9 million miles), on December 16, 1990. (41K) Image: NASA

Most of Africa and portions of Europe and Asia can be seen in this photograph taken from the Apollo 11 spacecraft during its translunar insertion. The spacecraft was about 98,000 nautical miles from Earth when this picture was made. This photo was taken from Apollo 11 on July 16, 1969. (34K) Image: NASA

observe.arc.nasa.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

View of the Earth as seen from the Apollo 12 spacecraft. (20K) Image: NASA.

View of Earth as photographed by Apollo 15 on voyage to the Moon. (42K) Image: NASA

View of Earth seen by the Apollo 17 crew as they traveled toward the Moon. The white patch at the bottom is Antarctica. Unobscured by clouds, Africa and the Arabian Peninsula are visible at the top of this image. The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic. (40K) Image: NASA

obviously some of these were taken when some of the space shuttles were on there way to the moon, so if the wolrd was shaped the way you say it is , then why wouldn't it show up on camera? why are these pictures of spheres?

these images were provided by the link below
observe.arc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 29-5-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
So quick question

Quick answer:
Is the sky a sphere?

If you had taken as much time to absorb the initial page as you did the image search, you would have understood that glass optically bends things.

"you must look beyond that which you can see."

Maybe you can disprove my tektite theory, bordnlazy. That is, if you're not too bored & lazy.

Come on people, I'm trying to start a revolution here.

Why are you all so resistant to change?

Don't you have enough guts to step into relaity? or is it too scary for you?

Still waitin'

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
there is a difference between a plane twenty thousand feet up with a curved windshield cause the illusion of a sphere, and a 10-30 thousand dollar camera that is made to create accurate pictures my friend, if that were the case ALL pictures would come out distorted wouldn't they? Even your last vacation photos or graduation pics.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

there is a difference between a plane twenty thousand feet up with a curved windshield cause the illusion of a sphere, and a 10-30 thousand dollar camera that is made to create accurate pictures my friend, if that were the case ALL pictures would come out distorted wouldn't they? Even your last vacation photos or graduation pics.

All photos at extremely high altitudes will have this effect. It's not the curved windshield either, or the craft would be distorted too.

Doesn't matter the price tag on the camera either, if the glass rim is distorting our concave earth, a Kodak 110 will do the same as a Hasselblad.

Care to try to explain away my origin of tektites theory?

So far, no one has.
Maybe it could be you.
You seem like an intelligent being.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
tektites... tbh, i've never actually heard of them until i glanced at this thread, but ill have a go, as far as i can see, they just seem like bits of glass.. could u elaborate on why people think they are from the planets' double-glazing?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva
as far as i can see, they just seem like bits of glass..

Yes, that's correct.

There are basically 2 categories to the notion of their origin.

1. They are extra-terrestrial.
This is the minoiry thinking. Lack of cosmic radiation, no similar structure to moon rock(which those who think they are ET mainly think they come from the moon.)

2.Terrestrail.
This is the majority ruling. However, there are no links to the tektites matching the crators. Also, the notion of a sudden hot flash caused by a massive meteroite striking deep down into the sedimentary layers and squirting out a glass composite, which has to instantaneously liquify and ascend very high up into the atmosphere and travel at a very high speed.
I compared this silly idea to a stop-motion claymation sequence.

3.The alternate(My theory) rule of thought makes the most sense.
Simply the meteror strikes the glass rim at an acute angel causing intense heat which in turn melts the glass, all the while creating light(silica to silica rubbing causes light). The rock eventually pierces through the glass taking with it globs of molten glass(tektites). The tektites fall down with the meteroite, they begin to cool rapidly and start hardening into the aero-dynamic shape that they are notorious for.

This theory proves that there is a glass sphere hovering up in the earth.
Note I say IN.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I was thinking a little on this , and if the atmosphere was Glass and also sationary, you would have to assume that all the points in the glass up in the Glassosphere where meteors passed thru would be warped, and these warp sections of glass would react alot differently than a clear section of it when light passed thru it(day or night), thus you would be able to take pics of thse or simply see them through a telescope if you knew where you were going, and as i state above if the glass didn't move these points would be stationary, not to mention the fact taht if all the air was contained within this Glassosphere you wouldn't have the different levels of air pressure and different temperatures(going from hot to cold) as you move away from the earth.

Also your explaination doesn't explain lunar eclipses.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I was thinking a little on this , and if the atmosphere was Glass and also sationary, you would have to assume that all the points in the glass up in the Glassosphere where meteors passed thru would be warped, and these warp sections of glass would react alot differently than a clear section of it when light passed thru it(day or night), thus you would be able to take pics of thse or simply see them through a telescope if you knew where you were going, and as i state above if the glass didn't move these points would be stationary, not to mention the fact taht if all the air was contained within this Glassosphere you wouldn't have the different levels of air pressure and different temperatures(going from hot to cold) as you move away from the earth.

I thought there was more to you, BNL.
I was right.
You're thinking......good.
Honestly, I'm not sure if the imperfections would show or not.
But keep in mind that most meteors are very small.

Still does not disprove that the tektites came from above.

Also, I like your term.."Glassosphere"
Congrats, when I become famous, I'll tell them you coined the term.

Also your explaination doesn't explain lunar eclipses.

There's a funnel-shaped area of darkness opposite the sun on the other side. Because light bends around the inside of the earth, it leaves an area of darkness. When the moon passes through this area....Lunar Eclipse.

This graphic may help you understand.

There are 2 ways of looking at things.
Actual and perceived.
We see the heavens through the glassosphere and it causes us to think that it is domelike, but in actuality it is a convex ceiling.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If I've understood this correctly, what you are saying is that the earth we live on is actually a sphere but we live on the inner surface. The Sun is in the centre of this sphere and all the planets are revolving around the sun. Is this correct?

How does your theory explain atmospheres on other planets? do they have their own glass spheres keeping the atmosphere in? how would you add this in your diagrams from above?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join