Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
apc

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh....

My....

GOD.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
thanks, apc.

that's the exact, word for word, verbatum(even with the exaggerated spacing between lines) reply that I had been hoping and praying for.

congratulations
God Bless You abuntantly!

Steve

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo
thanks, apc.

that's the exact, word for word, verbatum(even with the exaggerated spacing between lines) reply that I had been hoping and praying for.

congratulations
God Bless You abuntantly!

Steve

Hey Steve, can you share your theory on;
1) how the glass got up there
2) what keeps it up there
3) how it was made

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
so space is only 100 miles long and god is inside that black ice?

I guess I've gotten confused in this thread

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Technically they are not considered terrestial.

Tektites are glassy objects that are thought by most scientists today to be melt products of terrestrial rocks formed by hypervelocity impacts of large, extraterrestrial objects. They superficially resemble obsidian in appearance and chemical composition; however, several things distinguish these objects from obsidian. Primarily, they have a very low water content, a low alkali content, and they always contain lechatelierite (pure silica glass).They also often contain coesite (a highly dense silica polymorph), nickel-iron spherules, and baddeleyite (a zircon oxide mineral produced at very high temperatures during shock metamorphism), which lend evidence to a meteorite impact origin. Relict mineral inclusions often yield information about the tektite parent material.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Plumbo]

How did you figure out that they are not Terrestrial!! this information supports what I am saying. May I just inform you that your not dealing with some random guy, I'm a geologist, and I've actually studied metorites and lunar rocks bought back from the Apollo missions. I will post some pictures if you want!!

Yes they are chemically diffrent from obsidian, but after being formed so rapidyl and violently when the meteor impacts the ground that it is normal for them to have "pure" chemistry. When the meteor impacts the ground the extreme heat and pressure in this instance, will cause the flash melt to interact with atmospheric gases, the material of the meteorite, and the rocks they impact, which are very unlikely to be pure granite; the metoer is likely to impact through several layers of diffrent rocks, ranging from sedimentary fill to the granitic basement rocks. Therefore the tecktite is liable to be a chemical mixture of various things and not "pure obsidian".

I cannot believe that you seriousy think their is glass in the atmosphere. Have you ever considered that your wrong?? Don't go and tell me I'm wrong, the evidence against what you think is very very substantial.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Rock Hunter]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Hey Steve, can you share your theory on;
1) how the glass got up there

I've proven that the glass is up there.

How it got there? Not exactly sure, but the first place I'd look for the answer is in Scripture.

In Job 37:18, Elihu compares the sky to being strong as molten looking glass. He asks Job if Job, with God stretched out the sky.
So I believe it originated from above and was at one time smaller in circumference.

In Psalm 104:9 the psalmist declares that God has set a bound after the flood, which prevents the ocean waves from covering the continents again. This Hebrew root word "bound" is used also in Jeremiah 5:22, when God says he placed the "sand of the sea" as a bound. He doesn't mean the sand from the ocean beaches, he is using clandestine language to describe the glass up in the sky.

So, my theory is that during or soon after the flood, large amounts of pure silica came gushing down along with the water from above.(There is a sea above the celestial sphere). Somehow, they formulated into glass.

If you look at Genesis 9:13, God says the rainbow would be a token(sign) to us that he would never flood the earth again. Well, this is a "scientific" token, not just a figurative one. The glass caused the rainbow. The glass compresses air down beneath and literally keep the water at bay. The moon and sun act as pressure relievers and actually block air pressure beneath them causing tides. Make sense yet? Surface tension of water acts as a resistance to the force of air pressure. The high densities of each(air pressure and surface tension) meet together.

2) what keeps it up there

It is evenly balanced throughout the earth by air beneath.

3) how it was made

see above.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
How did you figure out that they are not Terrestrial!! this information supports what I am saying. May I just inform you that your not dealing with some random guy, I'm a geologist, and I've actually studied metorites and lunar rocks bought back from the Apollo missions. I will post some pictures if you want!!

The info, any info on tekties cannot disprove it came from above. You just refuse to believe there is glass up there. It is much easier to believe tektites cames down from the glass rim due to their pure silica substance, due also to their aero-dynamic shape which implies high velocity more easily explained by a long trek. The notion that they don't have similar characteristis to meteroites, their lack of cosmic ray exposure, only support, not refute my theory that they are not of the ground(terrestrial) and as well are not of inner space(extra-terrestrial); they are IN BETWEEN.

Posts as many pics as you like, they do not relate. I don't think you get it yet.

I think the phrase "straining a gnat and swallowing a camel is appropo.
Use your eyes, man! Look up at the beautiful anomolies caused by glass.

I cannot believe that you seriousy think their is glass in the atmosphere. Have you ever considered that your wrong?? Don't go and tell me I'm wrong, the evidence against what you think is very very substantial.

Oh, like the evidence I presented in this thread? Yes, I seriously believe there is glass up there. Once I became convinced, I never doubted.

It seems I struck a nerve with you, RH. Please try to be objective about this, ok?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
so space is only 100 miles long and god is inside that black ice?
I guess I've gotten confused in this thread

Did you get that info from Smallpeeps summary of my beliefs?

I believe space is kind of like a pinnaple slice shaped area existing from the top of the glass to the edge of the celestial sphere, about 1,500-2,000 miles in thickness.

In the center, behind the blackened curtain of the celestial sphere, is the foundation of the earth a.k.a. New Jerusalem, which is a pyramidal shaped structure 1,500 miles at the base and 1,500 miles high.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
maybe if we all pitch in some money, we can put this debate and the moon hoax debate to a close by checking it out with our own eyes....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A new venture, drawing upon a Canadian retooling of 60-year-old rocket technology and fresh funding from a former backer of Russia's Mir space station, on Tuesday announced plans to start launching paying passengers into outer space by mid-2007.
The new company, called PlanetSpace, is a 50-50 venture involving Canadian Arrow, one of last year's leading contenders in the X Prize space race, and Chirinjeev Kathuria, an Indian-American entrepreneur who put millions of dollars into an effort to extend Mir's life five years ago. PlanetSpace's plans were detailed Tuesday at Canadian Arrow's space center in London, Ontario

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Speculation is not science.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Speculation is not science.

???? neither is interpreting the scriptures to mean the earth is surrounded by glass...

but anyway, these folks and the virgin spaceship one will be going to space in 2006 and 2007. So I'm afraid you have until then to believe this, and then you will be confronted with the facts.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

???? neither is interpreting the scriptures to mean the earth is surrounded by glass...

but anyway, these folks and the virgin spaceship one will be going to space in 2006 and 2007. So I'm afraid you have until then to believe this, and then you will be confronted with the facts.

bring it on!!!

Edit: Never said the earth was surrounded by glass.
Rather, the earth surrounds the glass.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

bring it on!!!

Edit: Never said the earth was surrounded by glass.
Rather, the earth surrounds the glass.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Plumbo]

I'll take the excessive quoting penalty on this one....the tile of the thread is "can someone explain why there is not glass in the atmosphere"

the earth surrounds the glass, but the glass is in the atmosphere ?:bnghd:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'll take the excessive quoting penalty on this one....the tile of the thread is "can someone explain why there is not glass in the atmosphere"

ok, you win the semantic war on this!

Atmosphere is technically defined as surrounding a body.

Let's try and keep this thread to science tho'. It's too late to change the title.

God bless you, anyway

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
can you explain how interpreting the scriptures is science and not speculation ?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

can you explain how interpreting the scriptures is science and not speculation ?

I'm spent.
You'll have to figure that one out. Or don't bother.
Let's just forget about any scripture references I mentioned and look at the pretty colors in the sky. Let's all gather together and sing songs of love and have campfires.

Kum-by-yah my Lord, Kum-by-yah!
Kum-by-yah my Lord, Kum-by-yah!

I'm spent.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
don't take your ball and go home yet ! Your post is a request for anexplanation. You have used pseudo-science and scriptures and speculation as your case, and have ignored all valid scientific arguments.

Can you allow even the slightest possibility the earth is not surrounded by glass ?

BTW, who did this to you ?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
syrinx high priest: I'm sure the plumbo is just taking the micky to try and wind people up. I don't think he is really serious.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
syrinx high priest: I'm sure the plumbo is just taking the micky to try and wind people up. I don't think he is really serious.

You decide.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
First: rainbows are formed by droplets of water within the atmosphere when sunlight strikes them at an angle. Take your hose and nozzle set on mist and spray it at a 90° angle to the sun. And don't try it on a cloudy day, either.

Second: If there were glass in the atmosphere, Earth would be so hot we wouldn't be living here. The greenhouse effect provided by the air alone is enough for us to live on. Have you stepped into a glass greenhouse on a hot sunny day before?

Third: I'm an amateur astronomer who goes out many many nights to observe, and I know all about atmospheric distortion. If there were glass in the atmosphere, atmospheric distortion would be so horrible you wouldn't believe it. Look at a lamp through a smooth round glass. Move the glass left and right. See how elongated the light becomes? If the atmosphere had glass in it, while watching a sunset it would appear to stretch across a huge portion of the sky.

Does any of this count as evidence, or will it be "debunked" by you right along with everybody else's perfectly true scientific explanations?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join