It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If we lived on the inside surface of a hollow sphere, wouldn't ships at sea appear to rise up vertically into the air as they sail away rather than sink below the horizon?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If we lived on the inside surface of a hollow sphere, wouldn't ships at sea appear to rise up vertically into the air as they sail away rather than sink below the horizon?

Good question dj.
The simple answer to this is no. When viewed through a telescope, a vessel will magically appear in its entirety. This is another illusion caused by the glass.

Glad your thinking though!

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What are Tektites?

This is a photo of a tektite. A tektite is a silica-based(glass) formation of "unknown" origin, found after impacts from meteor showers.

So, now you know where they come from!!!

That's right, the meteor hits the glass atmosphere and shatters into tiny rocks while emitting glass fragments from the glass rim as well!

Another first in recorded history!

Praise God who has hid these these from the wise and prudent, and revealed them unto babes!!!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I thought these were formed from lightning striking the Earth and melting sand into glass....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I thought these were formed from lightning striking the Earth and melting sand into glass....

Not according to these explanations.

www.roamingastronomer.com...
www.infoplease.com...

I'm sure however, that lightning can cause the same effect.

molten sand = glass.
Read Jeremiah 5:21-22

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
an interesting theory. A few questions...

1)why don't sunrises and sunsets cause rainbows and similar visual effects ?
2) are sattelites below or above the glass ?
3) why didn't the pilots of the first civilian spaceship (spaceship one)to go into space mention this ? They don't work for the gov't or NASA ....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Plumbo - Are you actually serious about this or are you just joking around.

It is known that is not just a thin eggshell as when earthquakes occur, the way in which they travel through the earth can be calculated, giving the crust, mantle, outer core, inner core picture. Plus if the centre of the earth were hollow we would have very little gravity.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

3) why didn't the pilots of the first civilian spaceship (spaceship one)to go into space mention this ? They don't work for the gov't or NASA ....

*cough bullsh... *cough*..... there's your answer...

earth surrounded by glass.... very nice thinking.. :shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo

This is a photo of a tektite. A tektite is a silica-based(glass) formation of "unknown" origin, found after impacts from meteor showers.

They are not of unknown origin, they occur when a meteor impacts the ground and flash melts the the rock which is then propelled upwards into the atmosphere. If you melt any rock and rapidly cool it, it forms glass.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Glad you've considered it!

I believe the angle has to be just right. It is too accute at the horizon level. But sunrises and sunsets are affected in scale appearance by the glass.

Before I answer, do you believe there is glass up there or are you just trying to play the devil's advoacte? If you can tell me where tektites comes from without there being glass, then I'll try to answer, but then again I'm not a nasa spokesman.

1st Law of thermodynamics states that matter cannot form out of nothing.
So either there is glass up in the sky or we all live in wonderland.

Visual and scientific evidence is what is being addressed. Not personal opinions and statements. Remember, science is to prove something by evidence, not heresay. mmmkay?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
Plumbo - Are you actually serious about this or are you just joking around.

You decide.

It is known that is not just a thin eggshell as when earthquakes occur, the way in which they travel through the earth can be calculated, giving the crust, mantle, outer core, inner core picture. Plus if the centre of the earth were hollow we would have very little gravity.

Correct about the gravity void! We don't have any gravity.
It is fictitious. There is another force which holds things to the ground.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They are not of unknown origin, they occur when a meteor impacts the ground and flash melts the the rock which is then propelled upwards into the atmosphere.

ok, so the fusion crust(glass) magically encapsulates the meteorite so uniformly and also creates chips of tektites? hmmm.

If you melt any rock and rapidly cool it, it forms glass.

ANY rock?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Glad you've considered it!

I believe the angle has to be just right. It is too accute at the horizon level. But sunrises and sunsets are affected in scale appearance by the glass.

Before I answer, do you believe there is glass up there or are you just trying to play the devil's advoacte? If you can tell me where tektites comes from without there being glass, then I'll try to answer, but then again I'm not a nasa spokesman.

1st Law of thermodynamics states that matter cannot form out of nothing.
So either there is glass up in the sky or we all live in wonderland.

Visual and scientific evidence is what is being addressed. Not personal opinions and statements. Remember, science is to prove something by evidence, not heresay. mmmkay?

I don't believe there is glass up there. I didn't mock you either, btw.....
Your original post is posed as a question, I was trying to help you find the answer yourself.
Can you elaborate on the theory that gravity doesn't exist ?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don't believe there is glass up there. I didn't mock you either, btw.....
Your original post is posed as a question, I was trying to help you find the answer yourself.
Can you elaborate on the theory that gravity doesn't exist ?

Yeah, I initaited the post as a question because I'm sarcastically trying to convince people of a new realty. All in good spirit, tho. I'm grounded in believing there is glass up there.

As far as gravity, I believe the force of air pressure holds things to the ground. Try and picture an air inflated balloon. Inside, there are unequally distributed regions of pressure. The center is relatively low compared to the edge. Kind of works like surface tension, only in reverse. This is, how I see the earth in which we live. High barometric pressure is considerably lower in altitude than low pressure. Make sense?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As far as gravity, I believe the force of air pressure holds things to the ground. Try and picture an air inflated balloon. Inside, there are unequally distributed regions of pressure. The center is relatively low compared to the edge. Kind of works like surface tension, only in reverse. This is, how I see the earth in which we live. High barometric pressure is considerably lower in altitude than low pressure. Make sense?

ok, then how is the earth held in the suns orbit, and the moon in the earths orbit ? I'm not trying to make you change your views, just good old fashioned testing of your theory

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
A simple answer is that glass is heavier than air and the force of gravity would cause it to fall to the Earth. Also I don't think God does windows. Can you imagine trying to clean a glass window that size?

HI-O

so the space shuttle smashes through glass every time it lifts off? and what about the pictures from space showing a convex earth?

and on a more personal note, can i have what your smoking cause this is some #ed up #!

[edit on 5-16-2005 by KrazyIvan]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ok, so the fusion crust(glass) magically encapsulates the meteorite so uniformly and also creates chips of tektites? hmmm.

Well yes this is about the jist of it. But the glass doesn't enapsualte the meteorite. When you drop a ball bearing into a glass of water droplets spalsh out from were the ball bearing has hit the water. The same thing happens with the meterorite, but as it hits it flash melts the surrounding rock, and these fly out like drops of water.

ANY rock?

Within reason yes, The earth is composed mainly of volcanic rocks, you have too understand that for example obsidian is in all intensive purposes the same chemically as granite. The diffrence is that granite has cooled down slow enough over several million years to enable it to grow crystals. Therefore if a meteorite slams into a continental area, which is mainly composed of granite type rocks then it will flash melt the granite and turn it into obsidian, which is what most tecktites are composed off.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Rock Hunter]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Hunter
Well yes this is about the jist of it. But the glass doesn't enapsualte the meteorite.

Yes it does. As it passes through the glass rim in the sky, it fuses together with the silica present in the rock and fully encapsulates it.

When you drop a ball bearing into a glass of water droplets spalsh out from were the ball bearing has hit the water. The same thing happens with the meterorite, but as it hits it flash melts the surrounding rock, and these fly out like drops of water.

Yes I understand your concept and they way some people explain where tektite originates. Would you not also agree that it is a little more pheasable if the tektite simply came down from the sky? Consider this - the meteorite is extremely hotter as it enters the atmosphere compared to when it lands, agreed?

ANY rock?

Within reason yes, The earth is composed mainly of volcanic rocks, you have too understand that for example obsidian is in all intensive purposes the same chemically as granite. The diffrence is that granite has cooled down slow enough over several million years to enable it to grow crystals. Therefore if a meteorite slams into a continental area, which is mainly composed of granite type rocks then it will flash melt the granite and turn it into obsidian, which is what most tecktites are composed off.

True, tektites can originate from the ground as well as from the sky. I don't have a problem believing this. I suppose this is why it is prophesied that the mountains will melt like wax(Psalm 97).

There is a 'silica to silica' friction exchange going on when a meterorite hits the glass rim, causing light. This could not occur if there wasn't glass in the rock as well.

I find it hard to understand, when seeing so many visual evidences of glass in the sky, which in turn easily explain the optical phenomena which has baffled scientists for years, why one chooses to cling on to highly complex explanations that, in the end do not pan out anyway.

There is some sort of block in one's thinking. I am convinced it originates in one's heart. Jeremiah 5:23 says that these people's hearts are revolted and rebellious. They do not fear their maker, they do not tremble at his presence. They mock the concept of his existence. And yet he says he is right there above the stars, which are only a couple thousand miles away. He hides himself(Isaiah 45). He covers himself with dark waters and thick clouds of the skies, which are what we call nebulae.

And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters
2Sam 22:12

He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psalm 18:11

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
so the space shuttle smashes through glass every time it lifts off?

not sure.

and what about the pictures from space showing a convex earth?

Remember Ivan, glass distorts objects.

and on a more personal note, can i have what your smoking cause this is some #ed up #!

I'm not smoking anything. Reality is like coming off of drugs. It's quite scary sometimes, but with the help of Jesus, it is bearable.

God bless you, Ivan.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Rock Hunter, I found this info to be quite informative concerning tektites and their "unknown" origin.

Technically they are not considered terrestial.

Tektites are glassy objects that are thought by most scientists today to be melt products of terrestrial rocks formed by hypervelocity impacts of large, extraterrestrial objects. They superficially resemble obsidian in appearance and chemical composition; however, several things distinguish these objects from obsidian. Primarily, they have a very low water content, a low alkali content, and they always contain lechatelierite (pure silica glass).They also often contain coesite (a highly dense silica polymorph), nickel-iron spherules, and baddeleyite (a zircon oxide mineral produced at very high temperatures during shock metamorphism), which lend evidence to a meteorite impact origin. Relict mineral inclusions often yield information about the tektite parent material.

www.uark.edu...

I don't think a meterorite contains this high of a level of pure silica. The tektite must have come from the glass(rim) which the meterorite carried with it.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Plumbo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join