It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give ATS a compliment (for a change)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have been fed up with all of the complaints i see here at ATS. I am very grateful for all that the site is doing. I thought it would be nice for us all to give ATS a compliment in light of all the hard work they have been doing lately, and all that they have had to put up with.
Great work ATS, keep it up!
-tom

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No complaints here, happy with the layout, design, mods, super-mods, content (trolls shot and buried quickly) etc

10/10 for ATS

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It makes more sense to focuss on the things that need improving, if we would make posts about what's good about ATS we would all spamm ATS to a quick painfull death.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Jakko]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Our skeptical overlords give us just enough rope to hang ourselves with.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Give ATS a compliment

ATS provides a wonderful environment for crazy people to hang out and discuss their thoughts.
J/K

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well for me...

What a great forum. I have been to a few and they don't give near the same amount of options such as avatars, colors, etc, etc. Talk about having fun yet being able to let each personality shine.

Not to mention the monthly awards, ATSNN, blogs, and more. All of these things help make it a great place. Only help mind you...

The real best thing at ATS/BTS/PTS is all of YOU. *points at the screen*
The members is what makes this place great. Some I like to chat with and others I definately don't want to debate (RANT & Bout Time - that means you).

Yep...many, many great things about this place. Try, just try going somewhere else and see how it feels. For me, this place is one big home. A bit disfunctional and it leaks sometimes...but it's still home.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One of the reasons why I like the internet so much is that it's a portal. I go to a highschool of over 3,000 kids, and that's fantastic. I meet so many people of so many different types what more could I ask for?

Well, a portal, a place to find even more. But I don't want just any slug who's found its way online, I want substance and quality.

That's ATS right there. I've never found a larger, more dense group of people so willing to learn and to teach. Every single post is not only a chance to learn something for yourself you never dreamed of, but a chance to teach hundreds, thousands of people something they never dreamed of.

ATS members are a community. It's held up by fantastic posters, an amazing staff, and an unbelievably stellar administration. If any of you have been like Zedd and I have to other forums, you'll see just how spoiled we are here. ATS is a portal for everything you could wants. News? Check. Politics? Check. Conspiracy? Double Check. Boredom Solvers? Check. The only thing we don't have is the kitchen sink, and I think Simon is currently working with SO and WOS to get us one of those, as well as a new toilet.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm one of the lucky few that was shown ATS before the rest of the Net.

So much time NOT wasted.

Maybe I owe that member applause.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am MOST impressed and happy here..
This type of site is a G-d-send..
Professionalism is rampant here, unlike the forums who are mired in slime..
Great job, everyone!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No one out there can even begin to compare with the quality of this board or the caring and updating here. I've seen this site grow within 1 year and all changes have been good

Thank you for taking such good care of our baby

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've been complaining lately about buttons, and I still feel justified in that. Just to say that I think that home button is straight out of "The Sims".

However, I was just at the college checking out ATS, and I remembered the settings on the terminal I usually use has image compression set to speed up load times. They look much better in full res. But I stand firm. They still suck.

More to the point, the observations made on this thread so far are WAY true.

For content, there is no site better on the internet. For intelligent conversation, you can't find a better virtual meeting place. For the subjects in which I am interested, ATS has 'em covered.

And the NEWS! ATSNN is by far the best independent news service I've ever found.

Sorry for the ranting and raving about the buttons, I guess I can deal with them. Hey, they work.

All in all, I know that when I visit ATS, I'm GOING to learn something new. And that's the most important thing of all.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The new buttons are a nice touch. I think they make access to different facilities easier and improve the aesthetic aspect of the forum.

There, that was a compliment. ATS is, as far as I'm concerned, the best forum on the internet. That doesn't necessarily mean it is perfect. For starters I'd get rid of the "Deny Ignorance" maxim - I've lost count of how many morons have told me and many others that we are ignorant and deserve warnings for stating an opinion. The phrase has become a Republicanesque buzzword, like "freedom" or "terror". It's lost all meaning, to me anyway.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In ATS down times or on quieter days, I've checked out other forums and none of them come even close to matching ATS in content, community, administration, layout & design, indeed ANY apsect. As a result I have memberships to about 15 other forums where I have only made one post which is something like "Hi, I'm new here. Just thought I'd say howdy to everybody."

ATS is the bomb. No challengers.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
ATS is the bomb. No challengers.

You said "bomb". Expect a visit from the FBI.

Then there's the humor of intrepid............ priceless.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by intrepid]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You said "bomb". Expect a visit from the FBI.

Well, if the Feds are comin' for me, I'm sure I'll know about it first on ATSNN.

(news)(submission)FBI Searching For Terrorist Known as Al-Wecomeinpeace

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ATS is great, when people criticize a change or make suggestions, it's just proof about how much they care about this forum and want it to stay awesome.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
ATS is great, when people criticize a change or make suggestions, it's just proof about how much they care about this forum and want it to stay awesome.

That sounds familiar...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Ben Franklin

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, when I logged in....I thought......HEY.......THIS LOOKS COOL.....!

and then thought I would have to Start a New Thread

to say how cute those little pictures look........

But Toms has already done it......!!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you all!!! and a special shout-out for whoever the owner is

Does anyone know If there is like a "History of ATS" thread or something like that. Something that explains how ATS became to be, and how it was started?

Just curious....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join