It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Bldg Being Evacuated (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Capitol and WhiteHouse being evacuated. Nothing on websites right now...please see foxnews

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Capitol Being Evacuated...Not sure what is the cause, however, running evaucation is being enacted at this time.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its also on Sky News

There have been USAF jets above the White house.
And its the 11th day of the month again!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.sky.com...

The White House and Capitol Building have been evacuated and fighter jets are patrolling the skies above Washington.

A plane is reported to be minutes away from the capitol, senators said.

A Homeland Security official says a Cessna plane is three miles from the city and is being tracked.

People are running away from the area.

Oh well just another over-reaction.

[edit on 11/5/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

from Sky News
The White House and Capitol Building have been evacuated and fighter jets are patrolling the skies above Washington.

A plane is reported to be minutes away from the capitol, senators said.

A Homeland Security official says a plane is three miles from the city and is being tracked.

People are running away from the area.

More follows . .

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is huge. When has the Capitol Bldg ever been evacuated?

WASHINGTON - The White House and the Capitol building were evacuated Wednesday as police told people to leave quickly.

"You've got one minute," one officer yelled to a group including NBC correspondent Chip Reid.

A motorcade stormed out of a side street next to the White House, NBC correspondent Norah O'Donnell reported from a cell phone as she evacuated.

No threats had been reported, and officials offered no explanation.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 5/11/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that there was a small single engine plane....
mechanical trouble..

all is okay now.. the all clear has been given....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Funny how they respond so quickly when a small commuter plane enters restricted airspace, but when three 747 commercial planes go off track and are virtually 'lost' from NORAD for 34 minutes, nothing really...well...happens.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't know why they blew the whistle so quickly. Fox is now reporting that the all clear has been given and people are being allowed back into the capitol and white house.
Thankx to all who added the links. Tried my best to add them but had troubles doing so.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Funny how they respond so quickly when a small commuter plane enters restricted airspace, but when three 747 commercial planes go off track and are virtually 'lost' from NORAD for 34 minutes, nothing really...well...happens

When did that happen???

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I bet Fox News were the First to report this News - or maybe they have helped to Create it also. Wouldnt surprise me anyway.

Simulacra - Quick response, huh? I guess NORAD has learned the lesson of 9-11.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Its not tuesday, nor is it anything numerically sinificant.

on a brighter note, they are allowing people back in now..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't know about the numbers thing.
9/11 /2001
5/11/2005

maybe nothing you never know

Oops, for got the slash

[edit on 11-5-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

When did that happen???

September 11th 2001

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You have voted Simulacra for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

To quote Meatloaf, "you took the words right outta my mouth"

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"SMALL PLANE 'OFF COURSE' CAUSES RAW ALARM IN WASHINGTON... WHITE HOUSE, CAPITOL WERE EVACUATED; VP CHENEY RACES OFF IN LIMO, STAFF RUNS FOR THEIR LIVES; Guard in West Wing of White House shouted at reporters, 'Go down into the basement'...'Leave, run' security officers shouted to staff and reporters at the Capitol Building. 'This is not a drill,' guards shouted forced people away from the building... Officers rushed through Supreme Court told staff to get into the basement... "

-------------------------------------------
I love the description that Drudge has on his page.

compare that in contrast to Bush sitting and reading to school children...well, I guess they are more in tune with things, when it's them that they are protecting maybe.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I bet Fox News were the First to report this News - or maybe they have helped to Create it also. Wouldnt surprise me anyway.

No it was MSNBC that broke first with the story and they had it up within one minute after the alert was sounded to evacuate on their website. The author of this thread should know you do not post a story without any link to a source.

[edit on 5/11/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

When did that happen???

sim says
September 11th 2001

No 747's were used on 9/11 the only ones that crashed were 767 and 757 or where you thinking about the ones they had hoped to hijack?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Regardless of whether it was a 747 or a Cessna, the fact still remains that NORAD had over 1 hours notice that planes heading to the general vacinity of the Whitehouse were out of contact. Knowing this and actually seeing 2 planes slam into the WTC buildings they didnt scramble a single fighter jet from Andrews AFB.

Dick Cheney claimed they didnt send up a plane to intercept because there was no point sending them because the President hadnt ordered the use of force against them. He indicated there was no point scrambling them if they couldnt do anything anyway, this a bald faced lied. In actual fact the authourity to shoot down a civilian airline that has deviated from its prescribed course is in NORADS mandate in black and white and requires ZERO authourisation from the President.

Also interception does not equate to "shooting down". Procedure calls for eyeballing the errant plane at the very least. Actually seeing the plane is very important as there are clear procedures on indicating to the plane that they are off course. But, alas, Cheney claims there was no point in sending a single fighter. In actual fact he is probably right, there was no point in finding out what the hell was going on with the missing planes because the government knew full well what the deal was.

See folks, today is how NORAD is SUPPOSED to work and SHOULD of worked on 9/11. Its a clear cut excercise. The fact that none of it was done on September 11th is the crux of all consipracy theories.

[edit on 11/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
there's an actual news submission on this below
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A photo from this incident.

Photo: Rick Gentilo

top topics

join