It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX: Capitol Building and White House Being Evacuated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sporty is right. You never want to take any chances in any case. Like someone said before this happens all the time - small planes flying into restricted airspace*, but this plane wasn't responding to anything. They did what needed to be done, no one was trying to cause a panic.

*apnews.myway.com...

Washington's Reagan National Airport has been closed to general aviation since the Sept. 11 attacks. In the 3 1/2 years since then, hundreds of small planes have flown within the restricted airspace around the capital - a 15 3/4-mile radius around the Washington Monument.

However, it's rare for fighter jets to be scrambled.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Meh, I would highly doubt chemical or bio, as there are much more inconspicuous ways to go about distributing it. I really don't know how big a bomb they'd be able to fit in there with two people in the aircraft. The "max" they'd be able to safely fit behind the seats in baggage is 120, obviously they could probably fly with more, though i don't know how well the plane would actually fly being off balance.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Meh, I would highly doubt chemical or bio, as there are much more inconspicuous ways to go about distributing it

Yeah that's true, but on the other hand cropdusting over DC is practical.
Most of us highly doubted 9/11 would or could ever happen, including myself....and Im a paranoid M'F'er. But it did.

There are many outcames that could have came from this.......anything and everything is possible these days. That 120 lbs of cargo space can be used to store other stuff than a person.

They train and train for a thousand different scenerios.......it's that one scenerio that know one has thought of yet that we need to be cautious of.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The pilot and passenger of the plane have been released and it's not expected that any charges will be filed against them.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The pilot and passenger of the plane have been released

Good for them...probably just a misunderstanding
I bet the pilots were scared as ever

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You can expect at least one of these "terrifying" breaking news at least once a day for now- the new modus operendi

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well I am glad it was a just a miss guided plane, or at least seems to be. But the irony of it is, our sorry leaders in DC will still have little to no plane for what to do should a large chunck of DC be destroyed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join