It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper Duo To Face Maryland Trial (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Maryland will be the next US state to try the 'Washington Snipers' who are accused of six murders there in October 2002. Louisiana and Alabama, are actively seeking to try them too and they have already recieved their sentence in Virginia. Last year a Virginia court sentenced John Allen Muhammad, 44, to death and Lee Boyd Malvo, 20, to life in prison without parole.

news.bbc.co.uk
Governor Mark Warner of Virginia took the decision to send the two across the River Potomac to Maryland, where Montgomery County State's Attorney Douglas Gansler said he planned to try both men for the six murders.

Muhammad was convicted of the killing of Dean Meyers and of murdering "at least one other person".

The Washington area was gripped by terror by a series of sniper attacks which left 10 people dead.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I remember these attacks well and cant imagine the panic the people of Washington must have been going through.

I know it seems silly but even where i am in the UK people were very alert whilst at filling stations etc after the attacks that left 10 people dead.

These attacks were totally unprovoked and totlly random and these two murderers deserve nothing less than the death penaly.

A life for a life as my mother says!

[edit on 11/5/2005 by MickeyDee]

new topics

join