It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at the University of Liverpool are embarking on a research cruise to help them understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Uhh ohh...I don't like the sound of "major changes" in that context. Whitley Streiber may have been onto something. With the recently noted "slowing" of the Gulf Stream, and the continual and rapid melting of global glaciers, things could get out of hand very soon.

I will attempt to keep tabs on this particular research expedition. I'm just glad to find out that SOMEONE is concerned about this potentially catastrophic condition.

P.S. I pulled the title from earthchangestv.com

The article has apparently been pulled since my thread posted. I'll try to find other links. Strange...

Ok, I found another site...
www.soton.ac.uk...
Being as they are starting in Bermuda, I hope they skirt around the Triangle...
[edit on 11-5-2005 by BadMojo]

[edit on 11-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is fasinating. Keep us updated

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's wish the scientists good luck

I'm also a little jealous. This is a dream job: you are doing something important for the planet and also get to sip frozen daikiries off coast of Bermudas

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I haven't found any NEW information, but for those who are interested, here is a pretty comprehensive site...
www.whoi.edu...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Does anyone have specific questions to ask the researchers -- I wrote to the people mentioned on the website and asked if there will be a web cam or an online journal to follow this and they gave me another email of one of the scientists onboard. Maybe I can get a dialog going with some questions. It could be informative. Also remember that the person I wrote to originally was quick on responding -- don't know about the response from the onboard person.

new topics

top topics

join