It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photo of 'objects' on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm posting this with a smile on my chin, as I don't want to sound like one of those guys who get worked up over nothing... But, still, the following picture/article on space.com is very interesting:

www.space.com...

My first through 99th thought is that these ARE really just sand dunes or weird rock formations... But part of me thinks that these COULD be landed UFOs or buildings. More than half look exactly identical to each other, with the other half appearing to be exactly the same but seen from a different angle. Yes, some look a little wider than others, but, as anyone who's seen satellite photos of planes on a tarmac can tell you, shadows often distort the size impression an object gives from a distance.

Also, note that they're shaped like crescents... For those of you who don't know, the original UFO reports were of crescent-sahped craft (they 'skipped like saucers on water' but were not perfect circles).

At any rate, I'm sure these are just dunes, but, still, I thought you guys might be interested....

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OK, looking at it again... they look less artificial than they did before. Still, an interesting shot.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Seems that you and I were in the midst of a bebate the last time someone posted a photo from Mars!

who

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
they look pretty natural to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
its hundreds of pacmen on their way to dinner!!

Cool image very odd looking things indeed...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Cassini i thought they were pacman as well. If they are hundrededs of pacman where is mrs pacman?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
its hundreds of pacmen on their way to dinner!!

Cool image very odd looking things indeed...

I was gonna say that too!!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here's the picture for you lazy people
:

Strange... But we have strange things on Earth too. Just think if we were on Mars looking at Earth (if there were no people). The Earth has some interesting features too that are strange like this. I guess some people for get that...

No need for the piccy here, people should just use the link.

[Edited on 2-8-2003 by cassini]

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
When I first saw the photo, I thought it was a fake. Those little pacmen things look like they were just pasted on a devoid landscape.

If you notice, the reason they look like pacmen or whatever is because of a little hole in the top left-hand portion of the mound. I don't have any photoshop capabilities or anything, but it LOOKS like a drilled hole. Could this be a mining operation, or perhaps some kind of venting system for an underground base? I'm sorry but some of them look like they are arranged in nearly straight lines, particularly in the lower-left corner.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ever think of a geothermal vent site? Maybe it is like a Yellowstone of Mars. Of course they are not still active but it could be that easily.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm sure that is quite possible! Good idea!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
After looking at this thing for awhile, I tried a little experiment. I opened up paintshop and decided to play "connect the dots". Give it a shot and see if you come up with anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Maybe pacman came from mars. He could have crashed landed in the creators house. The planet mars could be full of pac people. I dont think this is the case but it is possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Pacman... an alien? I think so. Anyone know of earthly creatures that eat yellow dots? Sounds like alien food to me!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
mmmm fortune cookies

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
anyone seen Phobos or Deimos lately?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Now I know where My fortune cookies come from. AND where NASA gets all that money....

top topics

join