It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minimum Posts For 'Newbies' To u2u

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think that since the new screening process has begun for joining ATS, there is now longer any need for the minimum posts before a new member can u2u!

This restriction is stopping new members from finding their way around ATS as they can not u2u someone for help!

I recently 'adopted' somebody and they could not u2u me until they had posted a certain amount of times, and during that time he was forced to just struggle his way through ATS!

Can this be fixed please???

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i second this motion. no more silly restrictions. the veterans of ATS are not being threatened by ATS's popularity are they?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It sounds logical to me, I mean 20 posts isn't that high of a hurdle to surpass anyway for some troll who went through the screening process to misuse the U2U feature.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
New members are able to U2U staff without restriction.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well yes, of course...but the adopt a newbie scheme is rather redundant without being able to u2u your aboptive Veteran. Also, staff don't always respond. Sometimes, things get too busy for them or whatever and they don't reply. In which case the member in question is left with an annoyed feeling that he/she is being ignored.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The "Adopt a Newbie" concept is not an official board function, as it has been simply a movement among membership. While exceptionally admirable, there are no controls in place for something like open U2U's for new members.

There has been a movement in DISC to organize a "Welcome Wagon" effort. If this gets off the ground, new members will be able to communicate via U2U with "Welcome Wagon" membership.

The restriction will not be modified. The screening process has made a big difference, but we still get spammers... just fewer of them.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I see. I had been under the impression it was official.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
20 posts is quite a lot for a new user to be able to send U2U to other non staff members.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Z3v3N

20 posts can be accomplished in a matter of minutes if you choose threads that are poignant and that you have something to say.

This is a member driven content community and as stated above the 20 post rule is to get rid of spammers.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
New members can directly message staff- but I did just that- u2u'd the first mod who welcomed me.. I had a question which I first tried to send to a member who kindly offered me guidance, but when the message rejected, I redirected my question to the Mod... I still haven't got a reply... not cryin', just adding my newbie perspective! (anyway, I'm about to pass my 20 post requirement)

reply to: SkepticOverlord

EDIT: I just checked my inbox and the answer to my question was quietly waiting for me...ooopsie- Sorry!
edit on 12-9-2014 by WildCatWilly because: foot in mouth

top topics

join