It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003."

www.cnn.com...

Where is the logic in this money "give-away" Why can't the US spend this money on stopping the illegals before they get into the US and into the system? It's crazy, America has no borders at all anymore. Soon to become Ameri-mexico? What about "Canadaco" or North "Canamerico".......NWO strikes again.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
ouch!

yet another freebe available only to those who are illigal just like the free tuition thing that was being discussed a while back. yes you can certainly stop the flood of illigals by giveing them free stuff that legal citizens don't get. talk about putting out the welcome mat. "come on over if you come illigaly you will be treated as princes." yup definatly a good way to reduce the numbers of illigals, NOT.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This has already been going on for a long time. My mom's a nurse, and she knows that it happens all the time. Illegals get all sorts of freebies like this, and it's costing us billions of dollars per year to keep it up. And then we're called racist and intolerant when we want it to end.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As mentioned by the previous poster, this is nothing new. Hospitals are treating uninsured, legal and illegal, and losing millions each year. Some are financially hurting.

I think this new federal law is an attempt to derail states' attempts to curb this runaway train.
I also think that politicians are trying to woo votes from the largest minority in this country--the Hispanic voter.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
With the known unpopularity of the illegal alien issue...makes me wonder what is the real agenda of the lawmakers?
It's unamaginable why they would want to continue supporting the illegals.
Unless they benefit more than not.

top topics

join