It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighty-eight Members of Congress

page: 1

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
Finally somebody has stepped up to the legal plate and has demanded some kind of explination for the plethora of Male Cow Excrement we were handed by the Bush administration as justification for the Iraqi invasion. Yeah, I know, it's just a piece of paper with some signatures on it, but then again, so was the Delcaration of Independence...
Eighty-eight members of Congress have signed a letter authored by Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) calling on President Bush to answer questions about a secret U.S.-UK agreement to attack Iraq, RAW STORY has learned.

In a letter, Conyers and other members say they are disappointed the mainstream media has not touched the revelations.

"Unfortunately, the mainstream media in the United States was too busy with wall-to-wall coverage of a "runaway bride" to cover a bombshell report out of the British newspapers," Conyers writes. "The London Times reports that the British government and the United States government had secretly agreed to attack Iraq in 2002, before authorization was sought for such an attack in Congress, and had discussed creating pretextual justifications for doing so."

"The Times reports, based on a newly discovered document, that in 2002 British Prime Minister Tony Blair chaired a meeting in which he expressed his support for "regime change" through the use of force in Iraq and was warned by the nation's top lawyer that such an action would be illegal," he adds. "Blair also discussed the need for America to "create" conditions to justify the war."

Odd they should mention the news, I didn't see a damn thing about this [retty important piece of paper on tv today...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:24 PM
I dont think they are getting any answers from bush, remember politicians are skilled in talking around a subject. I jus tread the senate has approved national ID cards:shk: the more and more we go down this road it looks like we will have atruly fascist state.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:48 PM
It looks like Blair is being asked the exact same questions...
Tony Blair is obliged to order an independent inquiry to examine the legality of war in Iraq under human rights laws, the families of some of the British soldiers killed in the conflict claimed on Tuesday.

Ten families, supported by the Stop the War Coalition and Military Families Against the War, delivered a letter detailing their claim for a full inquiry to Downing Street, the first step of a legal action.

The courts is where these questions need to be asked, and I am glad to see some ink and paper finally materialize. Yes, no government is ever accountable, except perhaps in defeat. But this is rare glimpse here into the flickering of an ember of accountability perhaps.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:29 AM
Eighty eight members of Congress are shocked that our wonderfully qualified press would print stories about a loony woman running off to Vegas rather than real news? They're shocked by this?

By all rational thoughts, the 88 of them are subject to removal from office due to a lack of mental capacities. How can you have lived in the United States and read the American press and be surprised that most of the news media spoonfeeds the public unimportant garbage. Clearly their brains have been disconnected.

Yeah the supermodel was more important than the thousands of people who died, and who Michael Jackson is touching today is more important than who's running the country.

Press can be a very powerful tool. Hence the call for freedom of the press, right? Our press ruined itself. No need for the government to cover anything up when the press is too busy talking about fingers in chili to cover real news.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:24 AM

Originally posted by twitchy
Odd they should mention the news, I didn't see a damn thing about this [retty important piece of paper on tv today...

The news has been run by the CIA for many years. Please read "Katharine the Great" by Deborah Davis (ISBN 0-941781-14-3). It explains how the Grahams from the CIA took over the Washington Post. They were so successful they moved on to other newspapers and then other media. The CIA "news reporters" were willing to work for less money (they were also getting paid by the CIA) and that is why news reporters still get little money. The CIA "news reporters" have now been promoted are currently editors and higher.

Sure, we have free press. Free for the government or anybody else to come in and manipulate.

new topics

top topics