It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV language

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
About the only thing I let my son watch is Bob the Builder DVDs.

That's just cruel man.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by Amethyst
About the only thing I let my son watch is Bob the Builder DVDs.

That's just cruel man.

It's the only thing he'll actually sit down and watch. He'll watch Elmo when he's on Sesame Street, but after that, he's outta here and off playing in his room.

We stop letting him watch pro wrestling when he performed an elbow drop a la Shawn Michaels on his daddy and F-5'd one of his toys a la Brock Lesnar...we were like, that's it--no more! And he was barely 2 then. I don't even watch it anymore myself.

I've also heard that the more toddlers watch TV, the more likely they'll have ADD or something. Considering the amount he watches, he's extremely low-risk. About the only thing I watch is court shows like Judge Hatchett, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Judy, that kind of thing. That and World's Wildest Police Videos.

I hate soaps.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Teach him that wrestling is done by proffessionals, and that it's not nice to hurt people. See, instead of banning it, teach the kid about it. That's like banning GTA San Andreas because you decide not to teach your kid it is fake, just a game, and that violence is wrong. Sorry, I believe that the little bastard monkey and the parents are responsible to teach the kid from right and wrong.

Case in point. Little cousin of mine loves GTA, he just turned 13 this year and has mastered GTA SA. Does he go out and shoot people? Steal cars? No, why? He was taught when little a game is a game, not real. I watch wrestling all the time, him with me, now when he asked me questions about it, told him the truth. They go to school for this stuff so they don't actually hurt each other. SO does he F5 a Brock Lesnar doll? No, well, he might if he had one, but that is a doll. Sure me and friends beat each other up, on a trampoline, not mat with thumbtacks or glass or whatever, just having fun, not trying to hurt each other. We know some moves are deadly, like a piledriver, so we don't attempt them in case we screw it up and paralyze each other. We were taught that things like that are dangerous.

Now if you decide to not take the time and teach the differnece between reality and game, and that violence is bad, and that wrestling is fake, not my fault, not Rockstar Games fault, not Vince McMahon's fault, no one's fault if the kid goes out and does something he saw on tv.

BTW, did you know Kane's real name is Glenn Jacobs and was born in Spain? Or you mentioned Shawn Michaels, real name Michael Shawn Hickenbottom.

EDIT Sorry about the rant, it just pisses me off that parents think a kid does something because they saw it in a game or on tv. THEY DIDN'T! If they had been taught the difference between reality and games/movie/tv then it is your fault, and the little monkey thing that did it. Although I should say dog, for if you treat them like dogs it works pretty well. Sit heel, come, or if they run away reach in your pocket and then act like you have something in your hand and they run right back.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

EDIT Sorry about the rant, it just pisses me off that parents think a kid does something because they saw it in a game or on tv. THEY DIDN'T! If they had been taught the difference between reality and games/movie/tv then it is your fault, and the little monkey thing that did it. Although I should say dog, for if you treat them like dogs it works pretty well. Sit heel, come, or if they run away reach in your pocket and then act like you have something in your hand and they run right back.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

It's called parenting. Besides, he was not quite two at the time. And he wasn't doing those things *before.*

And he doesn't really need to hear the language there anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
you sound like an over protective parent. kids will learn most of their habits from their friends. if one kid hears the word f**k, they're gonna spread it to their friends like an aids epidemic. but come on... damn and sucks... those aren't really swear words. they're just words you don't want your 8 year old daughter saying infront of your grandparents. bugs bunny drinking beer and smoking...is that cartoon networks fault, or perhaps it could be the multinational tobacco and alcohol noose they are slowly hanging over your children's necks. honestly product placement like smoking and alcohol in cartoons is worse than a few minor swearwords.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join