It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever dream of being tested?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
good morning,

ever had a dream in which you are being tested? or one in which you are being taught by a 'guide'?

after many conversations with folk who like to think of themselves as 'witches' or 'spiritualists', a common theme seems to occur when these people talk about how they chose that particular path. many of them speak of being 'tutored' by a guide in their dreams and/or tested by such a guide with a symbol-laden, lucid dream. the person being taught or tested seems to always be aware that this is happening. this can be because the guide, or a strong instinct, tells them so. the result or effect of these lessons and tests is normally an increased sense of spirituality and wellbeing. as mentioned earlier, this leads people to become witches, wiccans, new age spiritualists, or whatever.

my curiosity is, as this board self-selects people with an affinity for the paranormal and an open mind, has anyone experienced this?

apologies if this has been discussed before, but i'm a newbie here.......

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
not tested, but shown the way, it started with my last oobe (almost a year now) I was shown a path, and since then on occassion I have dreamed the same oobe
I figure I'm being told that I haven't gotten the message right yet and/or still need to find or stay on the path, not sure which?

sorry I couldn't be of more help and welcome btw.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yes. I am not a witch or anything though. I have used those exact words to describe not only my dreams, but things that have happened in real life. Kind of feels like I was in school, and about 2 years ago or so I graduated and went on to bigger things. It is a personal thing though. SO you probably won't have as many responses as you would like.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i had one of those i was falling from the sky and then my so called guide said somming but it sounded sloeish then this huge almost beep of a sound which i must of dremt cause no one else in my house awoke but my ear was actully throbbing from the noise. but when i woke i was hearing noises and this has happend a lot but its not tv radio computers

sry if this is sort of off topic:w:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thanks all for replying. mrsD; yeah, i know its a personal thing and i wouldn't want people to post all the details, but....

what i would like to know, though, is how people respond to this 'learning'. like i say, some people really take it on board as a positive thing but others are encouraged to view it as negative by peers, religion, psychologists or just basic ignorance or misconception. i thnk we are behind other cultures in understanding this and, in my opinion, a LOT of people could be missing thier 'wake up call'.

some people renounce religion or materialism as a result of these experiences. some give up eating meat, some become witches, etc. different people learn different things.

in my opinion, we are learning things no-one in our waking life has the time, inclination or understanding to teach. any other views or opinions?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I dont know why some would be forced to see it as a negative thing. Seems kind of silly to me. I took my "learning" quite seriously, and accepted everything I was given. As for how I responded to it, I am not sure how to answer that. It made me more child like I guess. I dont get concerned with material things, but then again I never really did. I can not see just what is in front of me. I see the big picture. How everything affects everything else. How one person being late to work can change the course of everything. I have, however found that being in social situations is quite challenging though. It is difficult for me to be around people who are dishonest and care only about showing off to others with their money or bodies. It is painfully surprising to watch and see how many people truely do not have a clue about life. I am working on not judging others and being patient.

Not too sure if that helped at all, but hope it did.

new topics

top topics

join