It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those new buttons. (Really suck)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I say, make the words bigger and the pictures one pixel in hight and width. The home icon is ok since its the same as IE and its the common icon for home. The settings, faq and chat are also fine and the member is kid like, but ok.
What is the log out and my ats supposed to represent, the others could be confused for other things like stop (Kill Cookies), ideas (suggestions) and othe icons that look like they could be used for email!

Also, where is the start button up there or the U2Us that say "you got mail"? We need a weeble osama, bush and cop with a victim stick floating in mid air beside him.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I must say I prefer the old buttons.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I haven't been on in a while and when I logged in I was, well, surprised. The buttons are tacky in my opinion and nowhere near as neat as the original style. The asthetics are not there- they are gaudy. I have to agree with Delta Chaos.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I dunno, these new buttons look ok but they are kinda big. If I had to choose between the new buttons and the old ones, I would pick the former... These new buttons look like they came from AOL...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
:shk:
Be real people.....they are freakin' buttons....

Here's a thought:
Put yourself in SkepticOverlord's position for a moment people.
If you had invested your free time into making additions and improvements to this site [over the years I might add], and you implemented a change or addition and the first thing that gets said about your hard work, effort, and time involved is: "It sucks" or "It is too gaudy" etc., how would you feel?

But being that this question will not be answered with any type honor or truth, the question should probably be taken as a statement or simply dismissed, as par. So easy to give a negative opinion or statement or observation about something, such as these silly buttons, when it definately was not your time, energy, and effort put into this, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Oh ok, from now on we'll be good little citizens and not post anything that could improve the site.

I withdraw and apologise for any remarks that Skeptic Overlord may have found offensive. I'm sure he has a fragile ego and took it all right to heart, to include all the comments made by the folks in this thread.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
geesh.................they're freakin BUTTONS folks!! come ON!!

i don't care one way or the other WHAT they look like as long as they work.

go with the flow...........and quit-yer-bitchin..................like 5,000 spoiled brats all running around whining cause they're favorite blankie got a washing and now its different...............WHAAAAA WHAAAA

its the SAME as it was before!!! good lord. a couple weeks ago when the board was down EVERYONE had a crisis...............SO and everyone bent over backwards to get it back up and running in no time flat.............and everyone LOVED him and the others because of his hard work.

NOW he makes a simple BUTTON change and its the end of the world as we know it............COME ON!!!! geesh

GROW UP. or feel free to take your toys and go find another board where you like the buttons BETTER!!!

content is the same.............the people are the same............everything is the SAME except the button configuration. in the scheme of things ............who should CARE!!

but that's MY opinion.............however i am SANE.

angie

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Man...I kept wondering what was wrong. I couldn't figure it out. Silly me, I hadn't deployed my anti-troll, stupidity-retarding, happy-place button.

awwwwww....that's so much better.

buh-bye

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Bye, Val.

I know you can't see this, but oh well.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Dont like them but they'd be great for a touch screen monitor!

I think they make it look like a kiddies game or something!

Make the words bigger but kill the pics!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Your sarcasm is noted, again, DeltaNine.
Don't you feel proud and defiant?
For a entity such as yourself to carry the title of "Man of Taste," how is that your are so lacking in having some?

Don't answer....I'm sure it will be along the lines of the one you gave me last night/early am.

seekerof

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Of course I do. Your post seemed to advocate a "shut up, Father knows best" type approach.

That's a crap approach to take, and is insulting to the more intelligent members.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The top buttons look good now.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well I was just going to reinforce my post by saying that the new buttons are an affront to all that is good, decent and wholesome in the world, but they've just changed and the background blends much better with the site. Maybe if they keep improving, they'll be great.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Yes, I agree with D9. Now that SO has got rid of the ugly black background color on the buttons they look PERFECT.

Excellent work SO!

P.S. SO, I like the new black box on the left side of the main discussion page. Must have taken you a lot of time sorting out the interesting thrads of 2003 & 2004. Double go mods for you!

[edit on 11-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think this all goes to show that criticisms should be held until a work is finalized or at least sufficient time has passed to indicate that no further improvements are forthcoming. One should be able to look at the format of the board, in its totality, to see that among all the boards on the internet, this is one of the most artistic and attractive and that whoever is behind it all, has a sense of style, if not a touch of perfectionism.

I'm not sure if my suggestion had any effect on the final outcome, but nonetheless, the current format is very attractive and functional, to boot.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Personally, I think the only problem with the buttons is that they do not blend well with the gray background. Perhaps, if they had more of a 3-D effect...or, if the gray background were given a shading or shadowing or some such.

[edit on 05/5/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Yes, they look much much better this morning.

Not nearly as similar to the msn icons as they were originally.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now that the buttons have been modified, I think the drama is over, no?

We can add further remarks to this button thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join