It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those new buttons. (Really suck)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Oh the buttons are smaller and the color is toned down now.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Buttons Buttons Everywhere
Seriously, who really cares!!
Just click them
and be on your way!!!

Some like small
Some like big
Some don't like
any at all

seriously folks, this is getting ridiculous, who really cares, does it affect you that much? If it does, then you people have some serious issues. New members and a few older ones too seem to have had issues finding stuff the way it was before, now that everything is bigger, brighter and bolder, some of you might actually be able to find the memcenter and your u2u's, some of you might even be able find that button to submit news too.

Is ATS only about you, or or is it not about all our members, some of whom deny that fact that they should be wearing glasses

[edit on 5-10-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They made them smaller a bit of an improvement.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My button is bigger than yours.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
My button is bigger than yours.

LMAO @ Lysergic

But my button can actually take someone places.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey, DC, did you see the change in the buttons???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They just got smaller

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
These buttons remind me of a default setting, the other ones were much more copasetic to the eye.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think this is a continuation of the joke that the women need to know their place and post only on BTS.

How in the world could a long standing, respected board like ATS melt down over a change in buttons? Everyone is so touchy lately. If you don't like the new buttons, and it bugs you so much, then PM the mods or don't come back.

Less Drama, more Deny Ignorance. IMO

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like them - better usability.
It's a lot easier to tell what they are for.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
these buttons are KDEish, therefore cool and funky looking in my books
, which has to be a good thing. now is the backgrounds of the buttons were blended into the background of the site, i'm sure all the complaints would go away

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Althought, the members button reminds me of Weebles..remember Weebles?

I remember them. They wobble but don't fall down. My daughter had a bunch of them years ago. Now my Grandson watches the Disney Channel. They have a show called "HigglyTown Heroes", or something like that. He loves it. Try to picture Weebles in cartoons. Yeah, it's that bad. Okay, I watch it with him, but not because I want to. heh, heh....

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
How in the world could a long standing, respected board like ATS melt down over a change in buttons? Everyone is so touchy lately. If you don't like the new buttons, and it bugs you so much, then PM the mods or don't come back.

AT LAST!!! A voice of reason. The buttons do not bother me either way. I guess you could say that I am kind of neutral. It was good before, but it does look more "professional" somehow now. Perhaps because most sites do use some sort of Ikons,
People are used to lots of graphics. Maybe when visitors see these, they will stick around and we can grow bigger.
Just look at them as a new coat of wall paint.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First thing I notice logging in...is that ATS wants very much to be MORE user friendly to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL children.

I liked the written tag line button format.

I have'nt read a thing on THIS thread as of yet but I will.....

I was not pleased with this chidlish kid friendly looking button format and found this thread right off up near the TOP......BECAUSE I am not alone in disliking this change.
Hey change is good.......but for the better and NOT for simplification......we are NOT simpletons that inhabit this site and do not take kindly to being treated as if we were. Even the younger members could navigate the old system JUST FINE........but now this place looks like a site my elementary school son goes to often. NOW he is thinking ATS might be cool to join, thanks to your kid friendly new look. I have been bugging him to give ATS a try but he was retisent......but this NEW button format has him thinking a new tune,,,,,oh well..........

[edit on 11-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I do not perform fallatio on other men.

Perhaps you do, and that's your choice. I don't have a problem with it.

Since we are all in the sarcasm mood, DeltaNine, dude, thats not what you told me and indicated last night.

Turned over a new leaf today, huh?

seekerof

I wasn't with you last night- I was with your Mum!

Ba doom boom sha!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm fairly new here, but I think the old layout was better.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
I'm fairly new here, but I think the old layout was better.

it WAS.......................no joke.

Some changes are NOT improvements.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
90% of this thread is a gag... People, the buttons simply, erm, SIMPLIFY the layout and they are very EASY to read/understand.

There's an icon and words telling you what each one is/does/goes to.

I guess the old saying "you can't please all of the people any of the time" rings true...

Like all things that change or get re-worked you just need to get used to it. I remember when we added the colors to the different forums on the index pages it was 50/50 love/hate. Now I can't imagine it anyother way.

m...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
About two months ago, my monitor packed up the colour red and that was that.

I didn't even know there was a "log out" button, or a "home" button.

I love the new buttons.......... VIVA LA NEW BUTTONS.....

If we resist change, nothing will ever happen. And that would be way too boring for me.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I like the buttons because they are easy to see. I rear back in my chair while surfing and type on my lap. The old buttons were very hard to read, especially with the color scheme. Personally, I think the only problem with the buttons is that they do not blend well with the gray background. Perhaps, if they had more of a 3-D effect, they would look better, say like this:

Or, if the gray background were given a shading or shadowing or some such.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
upgrades are sweet. it's neat how everybody likes them or dislikes them, but dosen't really care. were just happy the treds on ATS for the points.

The kid in me enjoys the colors some,
But the adult in me wonders what we've become.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I like the buttons if they were done by staff, but if they were done by the GENERAL, THEY SUCK

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join