It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What pretty new buttons!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
... so we don't start a ... war over the buttons.

So your five posts after this one on this thread is what, a skirmish?

I can take 'em or leave 'em, as long as I can get where I want.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think this might be a conspiracy by the site owners to make this site user friendly. I can understand the disagreement among people who are used to having to search for information and big buttons just takes all the search out of it. I don't even remember seeing that big light bulb up there with the word suggestions underneath it. Someone must have found it and sent this big icon idea in. I wonder what could be coming next? An ATS arcade section where you get to shoot it up and get a ranking to compare your sharpshooter skills to the other fast guns on ATS? These icons are as big as the targets in the shoot em up ads I keep seeing. I just keep wanting to shoot them. I do like them though.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Change happens... now... about this red & gray color scheme. (and yes, there was a certain KDE/Linux/OSS influence in the design
)

the influence was a good move
now i was thinkin of a really pimpin ATS color scheme, so we want gold with royal purple and the font to be gold and be encrusted with jewels

now if you pay attention to the awesome 'pimpzilla' theme of firefox you could really get somethin nice goin in that sorta style

or you could hold a competition called "Pimp My ATS" where people come up with the best looking theme for the site and the winner gets some points

That would look awesome

*end joke*

seriously though, I think we can all agree that a change from the drab grey would be awesome

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 10-5-2005 by drfunk]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I just keep wanting to shoot them. I do like them though.

Orion.

You like them, but you want to shoot them.

Can I ask which type of crazy you are?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I like the drab grey, it's easy on the eyes. The ID site almost hurts my eyes.
You just can't please everyone, and this is not a democracy.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ahhh... the buttons just changed. Slightly smaller... color is a bit toned down. Not as bad. Seems better now. I just think they should be centered.

Otherwise, they're fine.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
No they don't! They don't blend in exceptionally well with anything. They don't even blend in with themselves.

Hey - Come on now....I mean look at it...

I mean - THAT'S a nice blend.....

You have no idea how many times I had to refresh to get that banner....

It's not like I'm gonna write a love sonnet on my emotional sensitivity over these new buttons....In fact, in general I agree that they're overly square, bulky and unattractive...

But hey....The 80s are coming back in a big way!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
I just think they should be centered.

But making the Search button three times wider would solve your aesthetic issue and encourage use, especially if it says brightly "Do Not Push".

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
You just can't please everyone, and this is not a democracy.

My parents used to use that one on me...

I must say I really like the way they blend into the page. The entire page looks really very nice, very smooth, very friendly. It's a very good look.

I also like how if you scroll down a bit, all the names line up like before. It's a good look.

Survey says: Good look.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It seems that people always have a problem adapting to change or anything new. Personally, I like the new button icons. They are clear, easier to read and I believe less prone to the error of "hitting the wrong dang button". I like the new look and I appreciate the greater ease of functionality. Keep up the good work ATS/BTS!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i do apriciate all the work that went into the new buttons. i will admit i liked the old ones better. but i can live with them. i had just gotten the colours down

any chance of adding colour to them to make it easyer to pick at a glance? that was why i liked the old ones, mabe colour the words or the backgrounds? it would make them easyer to choose.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by drogo]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
New buttons good!!
Me like new buttons!!

It is new, fresh, colorful, subconciously calming and inviting... that search button is just begging to be clicked with its cuteness....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey, why the change? I freaked when I got on and saw all the stuff. Thought maybe I had done something stupid.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
yeah gazrok!
another "free points thred" on a page improvment.

But seirously, i dig... we all dig. Who dosn't like getting points for an impulsive opinion?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
ATS finally buttons up

The first time I logged into this website I spent eternity searching for the "Search" button. These are much easier to find especially for people who are new to ATS..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I like em..nice change o pace

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Bout time the Post Reply and New Thread buttons got some proper respect. Hip-hip-hourrah for the new buttons.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Very nice and plenty legible for the elderly.

i.e. legible for us staff...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now that the buttons dont have a black background color, I love them!

Excellent work SO!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have to say may hat's off to SO and the powers that be on the new buttons.
They show up and work really well on my laptop.
The new buttonsa are alsoesthetically appealing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join