It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What pretty new buttons!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I saw them and my mouth dropped.
I don't like 'em, but I'll soon get used to them.

Gee, par...

Never seen ya jus' roll over onta yer belly like that.

You know, if you think they suck, there's a place for you

ITS RIGHT HERE!!!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
very KDEish
all ya gotta do is blend them into the background now

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Love em...very nice...We need color in this drab world of ours. (I had to say that)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Gee, par...

Never seen ya jus' roll over onta yer belly like that.

You know, if you think they suck, there's a place for you

ITS RIGHT HERE!!!

Well, DeltaChaos,
They're just buttons. I don't really care about them. I preferred the second to last set of buttons we had up there, and when they were changed to the previous ones, I thought they were crappy as well. But over time, being they're just buttons I push (Only new posts, and it gets to the point where I don't even have to look anymore) I don't see it as anyting worth making a stink over.

If the whole format of the forums changed... and I didn't like it, I might put up a more spirited complaint. But for buttons that I won't even notice in a week? Nah.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Oh Boy! Pictures!

I can navigate now.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I know some people aren't going to like the buttons (or any change for that matter), as they are decidedly "not ATS" in style.

however...

I've spent a good amount of time reviewing old traffic logs and current traffic logs, watching the "click stream" of guests as they encounter our board, and weave their way through.

Also, I've randomly sampled nearly 50 new members over the past 2 weeks who have joined ATS and contributed a few posts.

It was clear that new users were having some difficulty finding their way around. Among the reoccurring issues was a serious problem with our main board menu. The text was so small and the buttons so "integrated" that most were unaware they were there. (Hard to fathom, but it's true.)

The most important thing for any website is the user experience, and a significant portion of the experience is defined by the ease-of-use of a menu system and how it integrates with the "look and feel". This new menu should help our new users better understand how to experience ATS.

Change happens... now... about this red & gray color scheme...

(and yes, there was a certain KDE/Linux/OSS influence in the design
)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I like the red honestly, but yea, the gray, it's kind of drab.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i like them they look cool to me.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't mind the progression myself... most icons are easily identified if not better than a generic browser like IE6, etc.

thanks for the explanation Overlord!

Can't wait to see what changes next

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Fine by me- my grand kid loves 'em too

no

one line

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Change is good every once in a while....Most people need some kind of visual connection to make sense of new things....

So if it acts as an aide for some people, then it's all for the better

I got to agree too....The gray is just too damn depressing!
Maybe it's that sky blue over at BTS that's been keeping our sister site busier than usual....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I prefer the old buttons myself, but it appears I'm in the minority, so I'll slink back to my den in a moment..just a few words...

I think ATS is at its peak aesthetically when it capitalizes on the maze-like nature of its construction, as opposed to attempting to neutralize or soften the harsh reality of ATS. This place is a rabbit warren and I, for one, appreciate it as such.

I think rather than large buttons and namby pamby search functions, we need the digital equivalent of torches, string, and a minotaur.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ah! And anyone else notice they blend exceptionally well with our little black bar of shame in the ATS top banner? Hmmmmm......coincidence?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Ah! And anyone else notice they blend exceptionally well with our little black bar of shame in the ATS top banner? Hmmmmm......coincidence?

No they don't! They don't blend in exceptionally well with anything. They don't even blend in with themselves.

I'm really wondering about you guys now. Are you OK?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
*gives DC his happy pills* calm down... they don't really blend in... look cool though but they are to big and don't blend in.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Furthermore, I think when people go to a site called AboveTopSecret, they expect a little more than this. These buttons turn ATS into something similar to most of the other generic boards you see. Or I've seen anyway.

If someone worked real hard on these buttons, I'm sorry. But stay in school, you're doin' real good, kid.

There is a certain theme here. Look at the icons in the forum list. Those icons BELONG on ATS. These new buttons belong on some cheap AOL knock-off, or a browser intended for a children.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
*gives DC his happy pills* calm down... they don't really blend in... look cool though but they are to big and don't blend in.

They don't look ANY PART of cool!!!

You've been flip-floppin' a LOT lately, Chris!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well I mean like gaudy cool... kinda remind me of linux for some reason. .. but overall

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So Now,

Can we get rid of the picture of Bill Clinton Hugging Monica Lewinski?

Please?

We need something current up there, I like this one:

This one is really uplifting

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So Now,

Can we get rid of the picture of Bill Clinton Hugging Monica Lewinski?

I'd be all for getting rid of that Lewinsky picture, but we could never lose Bill Gates holding a 40oz.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join