It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the myth of the 33rd degree "upper-echelon" Freemasons came to be

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here's a GREAT article on how the myth that the 33rd degree masons are somehow "superior" or "higher-ranking" to other masons, and how the majority of masons don't know what goes on at the 33rd degree "level", came to existence:

www.masonicinfo.com...

Hopefully this will dispel the myth once and for all, and everyone will finally understand that the 3rd degree is the highest degree a Freemason can obtain.

I suggest that EVERYONE read it, especially certain trolls that shall remain nameless :bnghd:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you think this will dispel the myth once and for all, then you are wrong. People will always come to their own conclusions, and im afraid not even masons can influence the minds of ALL the people that believe they are NWO, devil worshippers.
I find it interesting that half a dozen masons devote so much of their time on ATS trying to convince others that masonry is not what some claim it to be. Im a Rosicrucian, but if someone said we are evil, wizards, anti-christians or something, my attitude would be....... *shrug shoulders* and let them believe what they will. 99% of my friends and family say "I don't believe in all that mysticism bull****" and I say.. "I don't need you to believe it, for me to believe it."

[edit on 10-5-2005 by AllseeingEYE]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
If you think this will dispel the myth once and for all, then you are wrong. People will always come to their own conclusions,

That's the truth...and a sad commentary on human nature. But if you truly believe something, you simply cannot give up...just because there are some ignorant people out there. If just ONE person is shown the truth and 1,000 remain in pathetic ignorance, it's worth it.

I find it interesting that half a dozen masons devote so much of their time on ATS trying to convince others that masonry is not what some claim it to be.

To further emphasize my point above, I offer you the following U2U that I received today. The senders name is removed because I haven't had time to ask him if he wanted it posted, but if he does, he's welcome to jump into this thread and say "Hey THAT'S ME!!!"

--U2U--
hey I know you dont know me and probably dont recognize my screen name but I owe you and sebatwerk(sp?) a thank you. When I came to this forum i was about as anti-mason as you can get and did not need medication. A few days ago I petitioned my local lodge. And alot of the information that changed my mind came from the two of you. The thing that impressed me the most was you guy's level of patience with some of these jackasses. I have read just about every link you guys post and found a wealth of information. Feel Free to share this with sebat....... Thanks Guys
--------

Im a Rosicrucian,

Me too!

but if someone said we are evil, wizards, anti-christians or something, my attitude would be....... *shrug shoulders* and let them believe what they will.

Personally I don't mind what people *believe* it bothers me when they LIE about me. They may think they're just pointing out what they think to be the errors of Freemasons...but it's a personal affront to me and I refuse to roll over on my back and give up.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Senrak pretty much said it all, but I'd like to add something. While the person above who U2U'd Senrak and I offering his thanks for helping see the truth is not the first person that has done so, If I can change just ONE person's view, and help them come out of the ignorant state in which they are in, then it's all worth it.

I will never stop fighting for the truth, and will Deny Ignorance as long as I live.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You guys really believe that Rosy Cross stuff, huh?

I don't understand how a group that gives you a few philosophical insights owes you its 'membership', or how this is worth paying dues.

There is hardly a gnostic teaching I haven't come across in symbolic or literal form, so what makes the RC so worthy of membership?

I also believe people can believe what ever they want, but I just can't understand some people's rush just to identify with a group.

Although, maybe you guys can share your views on what Rose-Mary's Baby has to do with symbolism, (ie. why were the names, Rose and Mary chosen), as well as Rose Red, in Snow White?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
if masons arent 'bad' then how come they use magic and witchcraft or study the qabala, which is also studied in the necronomicron bible? (satans bible)

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If some people (who also might happen to be masons) use magic and witchcraft or study the qabala, which is also studied in the necronomicron bible, then that's entirely a matter for them. They do it in their spare time.

Freemasonry does not involve any of those things.

I think you need to do a little homework.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Being re-active rather than pro-active on this forum I can safely say that you aren't talking about me here.

But even in instances where a freemason will instigate a thread (such as this one) the information posted is in response to previous falsehoods.

There is a BIG difference between trying to convince someone of something, and correcting factual errors. At the end of the day the reader will determine what they believe for themselves with at least both sides of the story to consider. And that's how it should be.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What the hell is evil about witchcraft? Gee, is being nice and not hurting anyone while using herbs and stuff to heal people really that evil? If you are wrong on this right off the back, well, no need to go into the rest TSTB.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
You guys really believe that Rosy Cross stuff, huh?

I don't understand how a group that gives you a few philosophical insights owes you its 'membership', or how this is worth paying dues.

There is hardly a gnostic teaching I haven't come across in symbolic or literal form, so what makes the RC so worthy of membership?

I also believe people can believe what ever they want, but I just can't understand some people's rush just to identify with a group.

Although, maybe you guys can share your views on what Rose-Mary's Baby has to do with symbolism, (ie. why were the names, Rose and Mary chosen), as well as Rose Red, in Snow White?

The dues paid by a Rosicrucian are a small amount, their purpose is to cover the administration costs. Again this comes down to personal choice. If you choose that its not worth the cost, then don't do it, simple as.
Are you a Rosicrucian Akilles? The reason I joined was not because I was in a rush to identify with a group, I simply was interested in learning more about what they offer to teach. I decided that £100 per annum was an acceptable expense, so I joined. I spent more than £100 the year before I joined on books about similar topics to that of the Rosicrucian study course, but I decided that a unified curriculum would be more benificial.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
if masons arent 'bad' then how come they use magic and witchcraft or study the qabala, which is also studied in the necronomicron bible? (satans bible)

Blatantly false. Magic!!! Witchcraft??!!! Ladies and gentlemen welcome back to salem massachusets, home of unfounded claims, and daily witch burnings. Let me tell you all this: You all have much bigger fish to fry than the masons these are the people in your neighborhood that donate to charaties becasue most of us are to lazy, and greedy to pull out our wallets and help someone. Heck you don't even have to spend money, your time is just as valuable, volunteer in a soup kitchen, or at a homeless shelter. Because I'm just guessing, but I'm sure most masons would do something like this. And if you get injured and need blood, thankfully the masons organized a blood drive so that your hospital has enough blood to keep you alive.

I'll tell you this, their "secret" is right in front of your nose everywhere you go. And all of your preconcieved notions limit you from seeing it, and you will continue to not see it if these blatantly false and largely unproven with evidence from any credible source.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I live in Sweden and I wonder if someone can explain something.

This is from the Swedish Order Of Freemasons official homepage:

--------

"The system is grouped into three divisions as follows:
St. John's (Craft) degrees:
I Apprentice
II Fellow Craft
III Master Mason

St. Andrew's (Scottish) degrees:
IV-V Apprentice-Companion of St. Andrew
VI Master of St. Andrew

Chapter degrees:
VII Very Illustrious Brother, Knight of the East
VIII Most Illustrious Brother, Knight of the West
IX Enlightened Brother of St. John's Lodge
X Very Enlightened Brother of St. Andrew's Lodge

On top of the system is
XI Most Enlightened Brother, Knight Commander of the Red Cross

There are approximately 60 freemasons in Sweden currently holding the XIth degree. They are present or past members of the Grand Council or Grand Officers. In 1811 King Karl established the Royal Order of King Karl XIII. It is a civil order, conferred by the King, only to Freemasons holding the XIth degree with the number limited to 33. It is, however, not a Masonic degree."

--------

Seems like Sweden has ten degrees and one 'über-degree' [XI]. I wonder if the FM's of the Royal Order of King Karl XIII have to go to another country to get to the 33º degree? and another thing, why does it say it's NOT a Masonic degree?

Info: www.frimurarorden.se...

Enlighten me.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi duskboy

The Swedes do things differently

As far as getting the 33 degree is concerned, each Order has it's own degree system. Craft masonry (freemasonry proper, if you like) has 3 degrees and these appear to be analagous with the first three degrees in the Swedish system. It appears to only go up to 11

The 33 degree that you are referring to is the Ancient & Accepted Rite, known as the Scottish Rite in the US. It is different to the Swedish Rite, but I have no idea if that Rite is available in Sweden.

I guess the Royal Order of King Karl XIII is a 'club' for the XIs to join. If you're interested why not email the Grand Lodge and ask them.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Lucerferian quotes from 33rd degree Masons.

The Mysteries Of Magic' by Eliphas Levi

What is more absurd and more impious than to attribute the name of Lucifer to the devil, that is, to personified evil. The intellectual Lucifer is the spirit of intelligence and love; it is the paraclete, it is the Holy Spirit, while the physical Lucifer is the great agent of universal magnetism. page 428.

The Book Of Black Magic' by Arthur Edward Waite 33°

First Conjuration Addressed to Emperor Lucifer. Emperor Lucifer, Master and Prince of Rebellious Spirits, I adjure thee to leave thine abode, in what-ever quarter of the world it may be situated and come hither to communicate with me. I command and I conjure thee in the Name of the Mighty Living God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, to appear without noise and without ....; page 244.

The Secret Teaching Of All Ages' by Manly Palmer Hall 33°

I hereby promise the Great Spirit Lucifuge, Prince of Demons, that each year I will bring unto him a human soul to do with as as it may please him, and in return Lucifuge promises to bestow upon me the treasures of the earth and fulfil my every desire for the length of my natural life. If I fail to bring him each year the offering specified above, then my own soul shall be forfeit to him. Signed.....[ Invocant signs pact with his own blood ] ; page CIV.

The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry' by Manly Palmer Hall 33°

When The Mason learns that the Key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the Mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply this energy. page 48.

The Secret Doctrine' by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky

Lucifer represents..Life..Thought..Progress..Civilization..
Liberty..Independence..Lucifer is the Logos..the Serpent, the Savior. on pages 171, 225, 255 (Volume II)

It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God. pages 215, 216, 220, 245, 255, 533, (VI)

The Celestial Virgin which thus becomes the Mother of Gods and Devils at one and the same time; for she is the ever-loving beneficent Deity...but in antiquity and reality Lucifer or Luciferius is the name. Lucifer is divine and terrestial Light, 'the Holy Ghost' and Satan' at one and the same time. page 539 (Volume?)

Albert Pike 33°

That which we must say to a crowd is - We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine. If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive. Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil.Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A.C. De La Rive in La Femme et l'Enfant dans la FrancMaconnerie Universelle on page 588

Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the son of the morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with it's splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not! Morals and Dogma page 321

You can stuff your attempts at trying to make out Freemasonry is nothing but good.

It is evil at the higher echelons DITTO.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Hopefully this will dispel the myth once and for all, and everyone will finally understand that the 3rd degree is the highest degree a Freemason can obtain.

i guess each order could have its own principles. i have come to overstand the highest level is the freezing point. 32 degrees. at that point they open the coffin and show you the baby...and tell you the truth of your origin.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Driver
Lucerferian quotes from 33rd degree Masons.

How many times are you going to post this garbage, and how many times am I going to have to refute them and make you look like an idiot?

First and foremost, you took about 75% of those quotes completely out of the context in which they were written. This is a common strategy among anti-masons and others with a similar agenda, and you are merely copying and pasting what you read on David icke's website. I suggest you read those books for yourself, and see the true meaning of the quotes you have twisted beyond recognition.

Second, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky is a woman and therefore not a Freemason. Why you pasted three quotes from her I don't know. Seems like that book is from a witchcraft book or something, nothing to do with Freemasonry.

And lastly, the quotes you pasted by Albert Ppike have been dispelled on this forum SO MANY TIMES that it's just boring now. You've officially run out of stupid things to say, Drivel.

You're truly worthless as a troll.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veriter
i guess each order could have its own principles. i have come to overstand the highest level is the freezing point. 32 degrees. at that point they open the coffin and show you the baby...and tell you the truth of your origin.

You obviously have a very poor understanding of Freemasonry.

Nothing of the sort happens in ANY degree...not the 1st, not the 3rd, not the 32nd and not the 33rd. Period.

Silly nonsense.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I agree with seb, I think you all are taking these quotes way out of context. Both pike quotes, whn read correctly aren't satanic at all. These authores try to paint a mental picture by using writing techinques, like similies and metaphors. These people actually have gained some sort of knowledge about language.

Pike also says:

"the true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, it that of Yahveh reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but the negation of God. The devil is the personification Atheism or Idolatry"

The ideas of "Satan" and "god" are largely unimportant. It is merely a representation of the balancing forces of the universe. Lighta and dark, good and evil.

Pike is just a philosopher. He had an amazing grasp on language, and how to use his words. I guarantee you that he would never come out and say that the masons are satanists, after all he is mainly writing this text about masonic "Morald and Dogma" as the title suggests.

Lucifer=venus=the morning star=the bringer of light. All symbolism. He is talking about the movement and behaviors of the planet venus.

Have you read anything else besides these quotes, off some website that google generated for you? Have you read all of M&D? Because if you had you would know what it is about.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Please, Rosicrucians, share the depth of your wisdom!

maybe you guys can share your views on what Rose-Mary's Baby has to do with symbolism, (ie. why were the names, Rose and Mary chosen), as well as Rose Red, in Snow White?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Question:

Was/is it a total fabrication that Aleister Crowley was made a 33rd degree Mason?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join