It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive device thrown at Bush in Georgia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'd say the old man was lucky! Whether the turkey who placed the granade purposely didn't arm it, or it didn't work, but anything could've happened to where the tons of people would've been annihilated and might have effected the president as well. But just looking at how diplomatic relations would drop with Georgia after something like that. If I had to say, I have a feeling those Georgians don't even like Americans. And they would do something like that to either send us a sign, or attempt to assassinate the president of this great nation. But, Bush was very lucky. And those of you who say that the security was not good enough; what do you think the purpose of security agents and the secret service is for in these types of situations? They are to protect the president at all times. And that's what they have done. Some say that it was not thrown, but dropped. So how can these secret agents see such a small device as of such in a large crowd of people? They are constantly looking all around them, not just in one area. That's their role. But, the grenade was found in inactive mode. It was more of an engineering grenade - one that is used for demolition or to simulate the effect of an artillery shell. These grenades' blast-effect can be fatal at close range, but unlike offensive grenades, they are not designed to spread shrapnel. Therefore, it would not have been so effective. So most likely it was intentional that the 'pranker' wanted it to not be hostile, but a sign to be scared I imagine.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Drop it, peeps.

It just came out that the grenade was a fake. Nothing more to discuss here. I hope you all still feel safe though...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ha ha ha! Now that's some funny stuff I heard all month. Good grief! Of course, right? It would be a fake so that the person who is responsible wouldn't be dealt with by America. And let me guess...the guy who did that is making more toy 'nades for the next president of 2009 to be scared?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Eh, Bush may not be popular EVERYwhere.
But he seems to be popular in places where people know the difference
Freedom, and being under "the boot"

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh Spacedoubt, what world do you live in?

You're entitled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join