It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive device thrown at Bush in Georgia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just heard on FOX News that an explosive device was thrown at George Bush while he was giving a speech earlier today in Tblisi, Georgia.

The device did not detonate and fell into the crowd.

More details as they become available.

Device

Edit to add early link

[edit on 10-5-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It failed? How the hell did they get so close? WTF? These people are going on about a safer America and yet they can't even protect the President....

dh

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It would seem appropriate
As he lectures the grandpoppy financed slaughterdom on the values of so-called democracy, why shouldn't he buy it?
This may be a mistaken protest
The professional Hegelian number can't be far away

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Supposedly the device had the fingerprint of a hand grenade. There was a large crowd present ~ around 50K, so I can see how someone could get close enough to hurl something.

Thank goodness it didn't detonate.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
thank god it did no go off, the masacar would of been extreme if the device fell into the crowd, nevermind what it would of done if it went off near the president...

just happy everyone is ok, and maybe the US who spends so much money on security should reconsider who they have in control of that budget as i dont think enough is going into the protect of the president if someone can get close enough to do this

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It was probably some punk playing a joke.......a dud nothing more.

And if you saw it on CNN you would see that he was behind FEBR rated glass....the article said it aswell. FEBR is blast rated and can easily stop a high caliber bullet and a small explsion such as a grenade.

There were not any chances taken on his security.....

wether it was real or not...only time will tell with updates.

The crowd was 150K...not 50 k

[edit on 10/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Tis a pity, however, I would rather see him shamed through legality; war crimes and some such.

It's ignorant to assassinate the man as it is an irrational reaction to President Bush's fascist diplomacy. The man may deserve it, however, the people who have been suffered under his goverment deserve better.

Deep

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
thanks for the correction sporty i only just seen it on sky news

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I reckon it was just a stunt pulled by a member of the crowd.
Maybe it was just large can of humble pie?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear that it did not go off. What a scary situation.

I know nothing about grenades. Is there any way to determine if it had the potential to go off or if it was just a fake? Also, if a grenade were to go off in a crowd full of people how big is the blast area?

I hope that nothing else like this happens. Just glad everyone is O.K. and the grenade didn't go off!

Jemison

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
jemison, avearge blast radius (or kill range) of a grenade or explosive device of smiular size is around 15 meters (this does not include casualty range).... in that condensed area of people that would of been alot of deaths...

so grateful for nothing happening to them, imagine if it did though all those people to suffer over some nutter who does not agree with the presidents decissions..... more effective ways to be dealing with this than resorting to terror tactics

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

thanks for the correction sporty i only just seen it on sky news

No problem

I just glad it did not go off...I mean alot of people woul have died or been seriously hurt. The crowd was right up next to the stage too...

Just goes to show us all that noone is 100% safe.

On another note......one of the big reasons for that is the SS had medal detectors set up to screen people but there were just too many people to control the flow of them all....so pretty much they just went on and SS I guess said the hell with...there's too many people...kinda funny I think.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
hey sporty i guess they was not expecting such a large turn out... i mean 150k is a awful lot of people, i doubt the ss would of been able to control the situation on there own if anything serious did happen i.e. the item detonated, the mass panic would of been overwhelming for anyone

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ok,
How many american's would have even know bush was there giving "his" speach had his life, or fear of his life being threatened not occoured?

This is basic publicity people... nothing more

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is basic publicity people... nothing more

Actually the rumor/fact of the grenade came after the fact. This has been publized for weeks. And look at the clock times on many articles......the grenade articles are a few hours after. there have already been numerous stories covering the speech itself and Bush's visit to Georgia.

Many Americans knew about it.....It was on CNN!

jayce, yeah a few websites said they expected 100,00 people...that's alot.
But a few other websites that were published said the count was around 150,000. I can't even imagine the chaos of controlling a crowd like that if something bad did happen. But Im bettin that bush has escape routes and things of that nature in event of something liek this.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This just proves bush's point about the kind of people were fighting the war on terror against. Apparently someone who had no regard for the many people in the crowd.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Trustnoone

The president should remain at home in his bunker; hiding

Lets face it, He's NOT a popular man.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Lets face it, He's NOT a popular man

He is in Georgia.....they think he's mother theresea or something

well, ok...one guy thought otherwise

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No, they think the United States is a savior in regards to thier stance to be free from Russian ties. President Bush just happens to ride off this sentiment and with a few elementry school written speeches -- that's an overstatment.

Deep

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Tis a pity, however, I would rather see him shamed through legality; war crimes and some such.

It's ignorant to assassinate the man as it is an irrational reaction to President Bush's fascist diplomacy. The man may deserve it, however, the people who have been suffered under his goverment deserve better.

Deep

Yes, let the truth come out, for once in the Bush Family legacy. Let the public know about what the Bush Family has really been up to for decades, and let it be known in open court so that future generations will know, and have record of how foolish it is to let people like this rise to power in the first place. It would be a great shame to see it happen any other way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join