It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Missions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am very confused regarding some of these things. How is it that the United States was able to get rockets out into space and even landed a man on the moon many years ago, yet other countries like China and Japan can barely get a rocket successfully into space, even in present times? It puzzles me. Someone please help?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Japan and China came out of WW2 in rough shape remember? The Russians and American's also recieved quite alot of German Rocket technology to jump start thier programs. It also costs alot of money which was not really all that accessable until recently for China.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Japan and China, did not have the tech nor resources in the past.
They are bring what they have to bear and they have alreay lauinched sub-orbital and I beleive I remember an orbital mission a while ago

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh, I see. Thanks for the input

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ya, people like Verner Von Bron greatly helped the US in its rocket endevours, ya.

It's like this: As the US and Reds approached Berlin, there was something else on their minds: VOn Bron and his team of scientist. Fortunatley the Good Guys made it to him first, though a few technicians were 'persuaded' to go with the Reds. The Reds however stumbled onto all the hardware, V2 rockets and what not. Then after the war the Reds went to work dillegently on rockets while Japan and China rehabed for a long time, some longer than others, and the Good Guys were all like "We've got the A-Bomb and the B-29 Superfortress, what do we need rockets for?" 1949 was a big surprise, let me tell you that.

The end.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh, and I hope your original question wasn't stemmed from the belief that all Asians are superduperawsomely intelligent and gifted and that this had no racist implications. Thank you.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Frosty you're right it's nothing to do with race. Remember China was also Isolated from the world for centuries, as was Japan albeit more militaristically isolationist

It's roulette so to speak.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh well I wasn't basing this on a stereotype I meant to encompass all other major countries or even smaller countries. It just began to puzzle me when I found out that most countries were so far behind us in this type of space exploration.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Most other countries don't have the fund to do those kind of stuff. most countries have so much social problems they need to solve.

top topics

join