It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16year old Boy Hacked In to NASA And The American Army

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cool
i hope he steal UFO pics..
But WTF.. was it so Easy to hack inn på NASA, And The American Army´s Data base.
The FBI was involve. and they tok the Computer From him, to check what he had on it.
maby he fond evidence of all the Cuverup, UFO pics, secret documents.
If a 16 year cold hack in. then you all can pro hackers can hack inn

Hack inn and find evidence and spread it on the Internett, So the Wolrd cant knowe about it

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Do you really think anything of such classified nature is connected to the internet? Even businesses keep such info on an intranet, so no doubt the military does as well...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree with Gazrok. Classified information wouldn't even be on the internet, not even behind 10 firewalls. They would be on a totally different internal subnet. They're not that stupid.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
yes..
im so stupid, i dident think of that :S

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
actually nasa does have alot of its info in the public. maybe not as much as you would like to see, but alot of it probably could be accessible.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that some of the government's top secret stuff is on the net...maybe not everything we would want but at least some. And just to an earlier comment, 16 year old and other teenagers are among the most brilliant hackers i have ever known or heard of.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
here is an interesting link that is sort of on the topic.

hackers and ufos

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
btw i checked some of the ip's in the document, they are not lieing. its valid stuff.

Example

26.13.0.85 = [ ]

OrgName: DoD Network Information Center
OrgID: DNIC
Address: 7990 Science Applications Ct
Address: M/S CV 50
City: Vienna
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 22183-7000
NetRange: 26.0.0.0 - 26.255.255.255
CIDR: 26.0.0.0/8
NetName: MILNET
NetHandle: NET-26-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment: Defense Information Systems Agency
Comment: DISA /D343
Comment: 11440 Isaac Newton Square
Comment: Reston VA 22090-5087 US
RegDate:
Updated: 1998-11-11
TechHandle: DE564-ARIN
TechName: Engebretson Douglas
TechPhone: 1-703-735-8065
TechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: MIL-HSTMST-ARIN
OrgTechName: Network DoD
OrgTechPhone: 1-703-676-1051
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No 1 would suspect that the night janitor was a hacker, No 1.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
this is ludicrous any thing the government may have on a computer or network stored some were is encrypted in languages the public probably doesn't even know about. Any body doing this would need inside help to pull off a job like that, let a lone a 16 year old boy. Besides any REAL hacker is smart enoughf not to mess with the government.

Believe it or not the US. government has their own global network exclusively for our military If any classified infromation would be up for grabs it would be on the military networking system and no.. there is no way to magically jump from your Internet to the governments net working system.

Can I have a link please.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have heard of/know hackers that have nothing better to do than to hack into government computers.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
16year old Boy Hacked In to NASA And The American Army

If the Army, NASA and you know about the hack and hacker I would suggest it wasn’t all that successful.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You would have to Sam Fischer/Sold Snake the place to get anything decent.

Possible (nowhere is unbreakable) but unlikely.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I been wondering what Cool Hand's been up to lately!

Oh yeah, I forgot.. he's in the Navy..

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
please keep in mind a hacker is not the stereotypical dude who sits in front of a terminal all day trying to break encryptions. A hacker is simply someone who manipulates software/hardware/Internet to their convenience.

A hacker:
A) wouldn't do this no matter how bad their life sucks
B) Would not even get as far as running a port scan on a government server/network
C) Would be caught before even attempting
D) even if they could break through a network would not be able to break government encryption.

There is only one way to do this and get away with it, you would either have to be the administrator of that network system and have the knowledge to crack the encryption or you would have to know someone who was a government administrator of the network your cracking. Like I said this is virtually imposable without inside help.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure our governments wouldn't be so foolish as to leave sensitive materials on computers hooked up to the publicly accessible internet. Most likely all their computers that handle sensitive data are on exclusive networks that have no connections to possible hazards like the open-access internet.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just read the story on yahoo news. Its said they traced it to Sweden and there have been arrest, which just goes to show you what happens when you mess with uncle sam. Let that be a reminder to anyone that the Internet is no playground.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Besides any REAL hacker is smart enoughf not to mess with the government.

Yes, but teenagers are notoriously stupid, even when brilliant.

Of course, you realize that such acts are probably where the government HIRES such individuals, right?

I shouldn't have been so harsh on my earlier criticism, as Dulcimer said, there likely is still some interesting stuff connected to the internet that we don't see, so yes, some things probably could have been leaked, but no earth-shattering smoking gun....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do you really think peoeple can sleep of a night time knowing that there dirtiest laundry is just waiting to be exsposed by a 16 year hacker ?....Hahahaha. IMO i'd say that the documents you guys are atfer
where never made or burnt. These spooks know the ramafacations.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by logic_tank]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I guess there is still some hope for the youth of america

they may have a thousand rules about internet connection (intra vs global/civilian) but all it takes is for some minor lapse in judgement and somebody usind the wrong computer or doing something they are supposed to on a gov computer and they leave themselves open.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join