It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underrated Movies???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Day After Tomorrow.

The Manchurian Candidate.

Gladiator.

LadyHawke.

K-Pax.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There's many, but definitely Eyes Wide Shut. I'm glad others here have mentioned it. I love that movie. It's a true masterpiece. Everything from the music, colors, camera work, acting, the timing, everything is perfect. Kubrick's best work, next to The Shining.

There's this indie film called FUN with Alicia Witt that is amazing. The performances with the two main young actresses is just so fascinating to watch.

Suspiria by Dario Argento. A Horror Masterpiece!

Heat by Michael Mann. The best police drama/action movie. I mean cmon, the street shoot out is worth the admission alone!

But I'm a Cheerleader. haha sorry, I just love that movie. Very funny.

Natural Born Killers! .

The Contender. Politics at it's finest. Powerful stuff.

Mulholland Dr. - David Lynch, need I say more?

There's more...I just can't think right now.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

K-Pax.

You know I wanted to like that movie...I really did.

But I couldn't get past the thought that it's what I'd expect K-Mart to name it's own-brand tampons

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
-- Forest Whitaker plays a mafia assassin who folows the old ways of the samurai and eventually runs afoul of his master after being witnessed working
Mosquito Coast
-- Allie Fox (played by Harrison Ford) packs up his family and moves to a remote island to escape the trappings of the world only to find new problems
Altered States
-- A Harvard scientist conducts experiments on himself with a hallucinatory drug and an isolation chamber that may be causing him to regress genetically. borrowed from imdb since i was at a loss to describe it
Thunderheart
-- Val Kilmer plays an agent sent to investigate murders with a possible link to a uranium mining operation

[edit on 29-7-2005 by alternateheaven]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dude, Where's My Car?

The reply value this thing has is insane. I once saw it four times in one day. Never tired. It's such a great movie, it can never fail.

If you haven't seen it you're missing out on a piece of heaven.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

Dario Argento is a movie God...

That movie has been on my must-watch list for so long, I could cry. I've had an Ebay alert on it for over 150 days, and still nothing....

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Dario Argento is a movie God...

That movie has been on my must-watch list for so long, I could cry. I've had an Ebay alert on it for over 150 days, and still nothing....

Amazon.co.uk will ship to Canada....

Here's yer movie

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thank you....

I'm off to rack up the credit card......

Or not, it's region 2 encoded.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh look, Amazon.ca has it...

Strange, it doesn't show up when I search the site, but I can reach it with Google. So thanks again, you pointed me in the right direction.

Oooh, they have Night of the Hunter, too. $3.08 away from free shipping...

Final order - Suspira, Night of the Hunter and The Fog. I'm so happy, but oh so broke.....

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Mulholland Dr. - David Lynch, need I say more?

Boy, this is true. Mullholland Dr. is such a powerful movie. It is so exquisitely textured and layered that you can watch it a million times and still find gems you never noticed before. I must admit that I still don't get everything, but man, when I read the reviews, I have to wonder if anyone ever really watches a movie. Mulholland Dr. is definitely Lynch's master opus.

[edit on 2005/7/30 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join