It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Los Angeles: 120 Shots Fired Into SUV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In an obscure report, it has been learned that possible a sheriff's deputy and up to 5 homes had been shot. It is also possible an unarmed driver was also injured in a shootout between 10 deputies and an SUV. An investigation is promised to get underway on why 10 deputies would need to fire upon an unarmed driver in an SUV. At this point is is claimed the driver, a 44 year old white woman, had suffered 4 gunshot wounds.

www.latimes.com
Ten Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies opened fire early Monday on an SUV they were chasing, discharging 120 rounds in a frenzied crossfire that injured a deputy and the unarmed suspect while sending bullets into nearby homes.

The shooting on a narrow residential street in Compton sent residents diving for cover as bullets zipped over their heads and through their windows. In the aftermath, bullet holes pocked the walls of at least five homes.

Sheriff Lee Baca pledged a full investigation into the incident, which was caught on an amateur's videotape.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Many people believe the Police's use of excessive force is growing lately. While usually we are hearing of taser assaults and less frequent, fire fights.

With 120 shots fired, should we ask the question: Are the police not finding more creative and effective ways of capturing suspects or are they facing more and more difficult situations without other alternatives?
Related News Links:
apnews.myway.com

[edit on 10-5-2005 by 00PS]

[edit on 10-5-2005 by 00PS]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah...There's video of that shooting. I watched it last night. There was an SUV with an armed assailant who fired shots first. You hear a pop, see a flash from the cab of the SUV and a bullet hole appear in the windshield. Then the SUV starts trying to drive through the barricade all the while shooting at the cops.

If this guy was unarmed, how the heck was the cop shot?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I would like to see a link to this movie. The reports (and you can check the 2 links) said it was an unarmed woman. With 10 deputies firing at a SUV it's understandable how one of them would get shot!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw the video on the news last night, so I don't have a link to it. However, Fox News may have the video on their website (that's the channel I saw it on)

EDIT: It was actually kind of ironic. O'Reilly said that in the next day or two it would be the cop's fault for following the rules of use of deadly force. Looks like he was right.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by junglejake]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
With all of the cops shooting, it would seem that the cop was shot by another cop. They did state that there was not a weapon found on or around the driver. It did appear to be a male in the SUV not a woman though, but I am unsure now.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ummm, I know for sure the driver happens to be black.

EDIT: ok, I dont know for sure, but HE sure looked black, in the fottage I seen, also I have seen it maybe 50 times, I will have to be sure to really look close.

Good post anyway. I was very upset when I seen the footage.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ok, He is black and a man.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
can you provide a link to the video?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I can search google just like you, I watched it on the tube.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I found a link to the video here......

LINK

It also shows bullet holes in the homes surrounding the area, where children were sleeping, and the cops warning each other about the crossfire.

Oops! The link is to the main news page..the compton shooting is a link halfway down.
[edit on 10-5-2005 by frogs453]

[edit on 10-5-2005 by frogs453]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Frog, thanks for the link, but could you point out the video, the main story in the link is not the same story, and I didnt see the story on the page, for some reason.

Thanks

Thanks,

EDIT: Thats not the best footage there is better, there is about a min of footage after the point they stopped, they drag the guy out.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It wont let me link directly to the video. If you scroll past the first headline it has top video links and its the fourth one. "Compton deputy shooting raises questions"

Sorry I am not to good at this..relating to another post here...conspiracy of the lurkers

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
[quote]cobra says
Thats not the best footage there is better, there is about a min of footage after the point they stopped, they drag the guy out.

You are right the video shown here last night was also longer and it showed what appeared to be a flash of the gun inside the window before the police started shooting and the one I saw showed them dragging the guy out of the van.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't have a link either, but I saw the video early this morning.
It was a guy in an SUV. They went on to say that whoever called in the report, said that the driver was armed..

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
well I just got a no vote for source when I have 2, one being the LA times itself. so it seems we need to get better sources here so we can make more sense of them.

If anyone has any better info than the 2 sources I found (LA Times and Myway) then please share them!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it would matter to me weather or not the guy had a gun....
can you imagine living in that neighborhood? God!!! all those bullets flying around, sorry, they endangered everyone around there when they opened fire like that. They should have just persued him to a less poplated area or something.

the report I heard had a man with no gun by the way....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
He had no gun, is correct. The very first report I seen, one cop had said his life was in danger, the guy was going to hit him. The tires did make a little noise but there was no one in front of the SUV, a car but empty.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would also add that everyone of these officers go back to the shooting range to learn how and when to use their firearms.
120 shots fired.
unarmed suspect hit ony 4 times
1 deputy shot by another officer.
Houses and windows shot by the officers.
Watching the video was very reminiscent of a shark's feeding frenzy.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I so agree, me and my wife are always talking about how bad people shoot.

We seen this one video, the cop and the robber unloaded there guns at ten feet, NOT one hit.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Combat shooting is quite hard, as anyone will tell you.This was clearly a fairly impromptu set up.

I watched the video, saw that police had this guy cornered, guns drawn, yelling at him. Generally, this would be the point to give up. Instead, he opts to try to back out of the roadblock, narrowly missing the deputy behidn the telephone pole.

My only comment is that these guys should get to the range more often. Aside from that...well, you got told to stop by men with guns drawn, you didn't, your choice.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join