It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furniture Moved by itself In my house last Night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why assume its anything but the dog??

I want to believe its the dog but three things make me doubt that Abby could have done it.

4. Even if she could get back there I don't think she could move the dresser becuase she only weighs 50 lbs

It really sounds to me like Abby got her collar caught on the drawer pull and yanked the dresser out. Here's a 40lb dog that pulled 1,240lbs in a competition.
www.doggpower.com...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi BlackJackal,
Thought I would post this as it seems similar to what happened to you.
A few years ago my mother began to notice that our settee (a big heavy thing) looked like it had moved position overnight. Over the space of a week it moved further and further across the room, without anyone in the house ever hearing a thing. The last couple of days it had literally moved across the room (maybe 15ft). Nothing else had been moved and there was no noise. We also had a dog at this time, a pyrenean (which barked if he heard the slightest thing and who slept in that room) but who hadn't made a sound. The last night we all awoke to a sliding sound and stood arguing at the top of the stairs as to who wanted to go down first!

When we finally went in, the dog was "attached" to the back of the settee by his collar, and in trying to free himself was pulling it across the room. He wasn't making a sound, no wimpering, barking, anything. We had also put the settee back in it's original position for over a week and never noticed there was a spring that had become dislodged from inside and was poking out of the back. The chances of it happening once were slim but several times you would think were impossible. Nevertheless it just goes to show that the most extraordinary things can have a very simple explanation!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think if it were spiritual in nature your dog would have been barking and acting freaked out. Animals are very sensitive to that kind of thing. Just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I Joined this site just to reply to this dead post in hopes that I can relate. Keep in mind I'm not very good at writing something up like this.

Around 2012 I had to stay over at my Dad's due to my Mother and Father splitting up, I was 16 about to be turning 17. I was laying down in the spare bedroom, the door leading into the hallway was open and I looked down the hallway constantly feeling as if I was being watched and to be honest growing up I had strange feelings about what was at the end of dark hallways. I was on my laptop scrolling through sites as my dog wandered into the room slowly, placing his head down on the bed, looking at me. At this point I was going to address the dog before noticing the sound of metal shaking which caused me to turn and look towards the dresser in my room and keep in mind I did not feel any form of tremors during this event (At least from what I could tell ) I watched the dresser closely as it began to move from the wall, my first initial thought was that someone had to be breaking through my bathroom wall, it was the only logical explanation as to how it could have been being pushed from the wall. But that's when it began to levitate I # you not. At this point i was pretty much dumbstruck and at a loss for words as I couldn't explain what I was seeing at this point. After about maybe four seconds or so the dresser dropped back down and was no longer against the wall and it was turned in a direction that was closer to me. My father at this point woke up presumably from the loud crash of the dresser dropping and ran straight into my room which was only a few feet away, when he entered the room I was laying down trying to piece everything together and my dog just kept his head on the bed, looking at me. After a few moments I began to cry, not from fear, but from not understanding. I had my dad drop me off at my moms that night, I called her and told her what happened and my Dad completely supported my claims as he explained to my mother that he might have been at fault, he named the "ghost" that was in that house and egged it on before as he explained that it has pushed him before down the hallway.

Somethings to note about the dresser, It was rather old and I was told it was passed down to my dad's girlfriend at the time. It has rosary Bede's on it and a Bible my Jehovah witness Grandmother gave to me which I resented ( I'm a atheist ) and another thing to note is that it had a built in mirror.

I needed to share this with someone and when I read your dog reacted in a similar fashion I needed to speak out.

If you have any information or can share any similarities please do It took me a long time to type this up as I was getting goosebumps every 3 minutes or so and had the feeling of needing to check over my shoulder, I always get goosebumps when I think of that night.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Congratulations, you were punked by your dog. I can picture his "Snydley Whiplash" snicker when you couldn't understand what happened.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MauiStacey
I think if it were spiritual in nature your dog would have been barking and acting freaked out. Animals are very sensitive to that kind of thing. Just my 2 cents

Your right they are. In my case I caught a EVP saying "Get Off" to my Dog then she started crying like 2 seconds later. I already knew she was on the Couch when she knew she wasn't supposed to be on the couch but its even worse when the spirit is telling her to get off the couch hahaha.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 31-12-2016 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join