It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furniture Moved by itself In my house last Night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Something very strange happened last night at my house and I don’t know how to explain it. To begin let me give a little background: I live in a town home that is an end unit meaning we are connected to another town home on one side but the other side is unconnected. The Town homes were built in 1998 and I have lived there since December 2003 without any problems until last night.

Around 3:30 AM my wife and I were laying in the bed asleep when we were both abruptly awoken but a very loud sound that I at first identified with something falling off the dresser which is on my side of the bed. Accompanying the loud noise was the sound of the chimes my wife hung on top to the mirror on the dresser banging against the mirror. So I get up on my knees while still on the bed and pull the string on the ceiling fan to turn on the light. Once I do the first thing I notice is the drawer on the bottom left of the dresser is pulled out and turned to the side like someone pulled it at an angle ( I have not drawn a diagram of how it was turned to the side but I can if someone wishes me to.) Secondly I notice that the dog bed that sits beside the bed is crumpled up between the bed and the dresser. This makes me notice that the dresser is pushed out from the wall on the left side about a foot and a half.

At this time I notice my Dog a mix between an Australian Shepard and a Collie is at the foot of my bed, not acting strange at all just looking at me. Behind the dresser I find the receiver for our cordless phone, apparently this is where the loud boom came from. I investigate the scene and notice that the clothes hamper would prevent my dog from getting between the wall and the dresser. I also push the dresser away from the wall slowly and the chimes do not bang against the mirror. To get the chimes to bang you have to move the dresser very quickly and stop abruptly.

After realizing something strange had actually occurred I checked the rest of the upstairs. My son still fast asleep, nothing anywhere. I went downstairs and didn’t find anything there either, no other furniture in the house had budged. All the windows and doors were locked. My dog did not act strange at any point during this whole event and it was warm in the house. I even checked the news and the internet to see if there was an earthquake. Nothing.

This is a overhead diagram of the room

This is a diagram of the dresser

Any help is appreciated I don't like the idea of going to sleep tonight without some plausible explanation. Thanks!

[edit on 10-5-2005 by BlackJackal]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That is very strange. I can't think of what would cause that to happen other than an intruder or a ghost but I don't even know if a ghost could pull that off!

I hope someone has some insight into this. Sounds really creepy!

Jemison

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Set up a video camera (assuming you don't have one setup in your bedroom already. mwa, sorry, couldn't resist)

Why assume its anything but the dog??

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Jemison! I like to think that I have a good sound head on my shoulders but this one has got me shook up. There doesn not seem to be a plausible explanation.

I could see this happening if the cordless phone receiver weighed much more than it did. Say if it weighed as much as a TV the weight and the force of gravity could have made the TV push against the wall and the Dresser making the dresser slide forward and allowing the TV to fall to the floor. But we are talking about a 10 Ounce receiver and a 400 lb wood dresser it just don't add up.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why assume its anything but the dog??

I want to believe its the dog but three things make me doubt that Abby could have done it.

1. She was at the foot of the bed at the time (But I even thought to myself she could have got there before I turned the light on)

2. She could not have pulled it from the front

3. She could not have gotten behind the dresser because of the clothes hamper.

4. Even if she could get back there I don't think she could move the dresser becuase she only weighs 50 lbs

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ohh i know how you feel this is something quite normal in my house,

I would try not to worry to much about it at the moment,

But keep a log of events, Whats in that draw? empty it out and just chenk theres nothing in there that a spirit ect might be needing you to look at, or some way of getting you to notice them.

Have you or your wife lost anyone? Is this date or around this date have any meaning for you?

I ask this as sometimes it can be a way of letting you know they remember ect...

If you feel strange about this all get some crystals and put them on the dresser the will see of anything that might be harmfull...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
BlackJackal is there anyway the dogs collar could of gotten caught on the drawer of the dresser which caused the drawer to come open and the dresser to be pulled away from the wall.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
BlackJackal is there anyway the dogs collar could of gotten caught on the drawer of the dresser which caused the drawer to come open and the dresser to be pulled away from the wall.

Now that sounds plausible because the drawer was pulled out at an angle towards the foot of the bed. but I still wonder if she has the strength to pull the dresser.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
But keep a log of events, Whats in that draw? empty it out and just chenk theres nothing in there that a spirit ect might be needing you to look at, or some way of getting you to notice them.

The drawer is full of my wives PJ's but I don't know for sure whats on the bottom of the drawer.

Have you or your wife lost anyone? Is this date or around this date have any meaning for you?

Not anytime lately. The closest to this date would be my dad on June 12, 2003

Thanks for the advice! What exactly do the crystals do?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know if my dog gets caught up on something she will freak and move quick. We know that a quick movement, like pulling a tablecloth from under dishes will leave the dishes unmoved. I think the same thing happened with the dresser. It won't take the strength needed to lift 400 pounds.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
I know if my dog gets caught up on something she will freak and move quick. We know that a quick movement, like pulling a tablecloth from under dishes will leave the dishes unmoved. I think the same thing happened with the dresser. It won't take the strength needed to lift 400 pounds.

Ycon,

Everything seems to point to this conclusion but Abby never made a sound I would think she would yelp or something. Maybe it just scared her real bad and caused her to dart without barking or anything.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The chimes in front of the mirror is an unusual setup to me. How long have you had this setup?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If the dog did it I would think she would have still been spooked. A dog wouldn't be able to pull something like that off and then look as if nothing happened. It would be looking guilty or concerned or something other than just hanging out normally. I have a Scottish Terror (yes, I do mean terror and not terrier) and when she knocks something over or runs into something she acts differently.

I agree with what someone mentioned. Start keeping a log. You never know, this could be the beginning of something.

Jemison

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My Wife wants me to mention we bought a Piano Two weeks ago from an Estate sale. But the Piano is downstairs and in the living room. Also the Piano came from a very nice neighborhood and I don't even think the owners used it because it was stored in their basement. But anyways my wife thinks there may be a correlation between the Piano and the Dresser last night.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
The chimes in front of the mirror is an unusual setup to me. How long have you had this setup?

My wife put them there and I believe she did that around 8 months ago.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If the dog did it I would think she would have still been spooked. A dog wouldn't be able to pull something like that off and then look as if nothing happened. It would be looking guilty or concerned or something other than just hanging out normally. I have a Scottish Terror (yes, I do mean terror and not terrier) and when she knocks something over or runs into something she acts differently.

I agree with what someone mentioned. Start keeping a log. You never know, this could be the beginning of something.

Jemison

Agreed, it is quite strange because she just acted like nothing ever happened. Not bothered in the least bit. Even while I was still investigating she was going to sleep at the foot of the bed.

And Yes, I am going to keep a log of everything and tonight I am going to take pictures of everything as well.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think the dog getting caught up on the dresser is a more logical explanation then the idea of a ghost moving the dresser. The dresser and the drawer being pulled out, the phone receiver behind the dresser seems to indicate the the dresser moved fast or the cord was short. The dog not yelping doesn't mean much, mine yelps when a flea bites her
but she doesn't always yelp at everything, sometimes I just see her dash across the room. LOL

I don't think you bought a spooked ghost piano, but keep an eye on it.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How about a diagram of where the dresser ended up, and how exactly the drawer was angled out? (same view as first image).

Then we'd know more...

My guess is that the dog was trying to get to something in the drawer (my dog loves underwear) and got the drawer out a little bit, but then decided to try from behind, and eventually wedged the dresser out some, causing the phone to be balanced precariously. The dog then gave up, got up in bed, and eventually the phone fell, waking you up...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Check the drawer for droppings, you could have a mouse, rat, or raccoon, or opossum.
A raccoon or opossum could pull off the drawer action and the critters are known for their love of bottom drawers.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is what it looked like when I got up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join