It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. John the WonderWorker of Shanghai and San Francisco .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The life of Saint John the Wonder who is widely known for miracles occuring while He was alive and after His passing away.....
."St. John (1896-1966)
Many known miracles have occured all over the world....

quote////"Holiness is not simply righteousness,
for which the righteous merit the enjoyment of blessedness in the Kingdom of God,
but rather such a height of righteousness that men are filled with the grace of God to the extent that it flows from them upon those who associate with them.
Great is their blessedness; it proceeds from personal experience of the Glory of God.
Being filled also with love for men,
which proceeds from love of God,
they are responsive to men’s needs, and upon their supplication they appear also as intercessors and defenders for them before God."

St. John Maximovitch

St. John did not isolate himself from the world,
but he was not of this world. First and foremost he was a man of prayer. He completely surrendered himself to God, presenting himself as a “living sacrifice” and he became a true vessel of the Holy Spirit.
His work as an apostle, missionary and miracle worker continues even now.

This saint of the latter times was born June 4, 1896 in the province of Kharkov.
At baptism he was given the name Michael. As a child he was serious for his years and he later wrote: “From the first days when I began to become aware of myself, I wished to serve righteousness and truth.
My parents kindled in me a striving to stand unwaveringly for the truth, and my soul was captivated by the example of those who had given their lives for it.”

Following the desire of his parents, he entered law school in Kharkov. He was a naturally gifted student but spent more time reading the Lives of Saints than attending academic lectures. “While studying the worldly sciences,” he wrote, “I went all the more deeply into the study of the science of sciences, into the study of the spiritual life.”

“He organized a home for orphans and the children of needy parents. Archbishop John himself gathered sick and starving children off the streets and dark alleys of Shanghai’s slums. Beginning with eight children, the orphanage later housed up to a hundred children at one time, and some 3,500 in all.”

“This little, frail man, looking almost like a child, is in actuality a miracle of ascetic firmness and strictness in our time of total spiritual enfeeblement.”
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

The Saints Relics...and miracles....
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

www.serfes.org...

Quote////Since the reposed of Vladika John many of the faithful called him Blessed John, and for these many years his tomb or sepulcher (Blessed Vladika John was buried under the Church of the Cathederal of the Joy of All Who Sorrow, in San Francisco, California, on Geary, Blvd.), had been a place for pilgrimage for thousands and thousands of Orthodox Christians throughout the world, before his holy Canonization on 2 July, 1994.

Let us all humbly ask St. John to pray for us poor sinners.

Amen.
O Lord Jesus Christ,
Son Of GOD,
Have Mercy,
Upon Me,
A Sinner!

"The Jesus Prayer"
Also known as
"The Prayer of the Heart"

''Desert Fathers''

Christ is Risen

[edit on 5/10/2005 by helen670]