Originally posted by CTID56092
Why we should fund any faith school is beyond me.
- Because the people that comprise that faith are tax-payers just like everyone else, if they're a legal organisation conforming to the state's
laws, requirements and regulations why not?
But the Catholic Church said they 'can't afford it'. As the richest church in the world why not?
1 they won't sell off their assets to raise funds
2 they've had to take out massive indemnity cover against their long, long history of pedo behaviour
- Just because you can't see it doesn't make it so.
What established religious denomination has ever had a sale to fund anything?
Those are religious artifacts bought or donated by their congregation over the ages, why should they sell them?
As for the scandels they have had I suggest this is left to the courts and fact instead of inuendo and those who are simply out to exploit the
So we are bank-rolling them and on an opportunity cost basis we're bank-rolling their pedo cover fund.
- Cor, talk about stretching it.
The fact that this goes through (quietly)
- Hardly. It has been in several UK newspapers for a start........you found out about it, right?
Hardly what you'd call being kept quiet, hmm?
our education secretary is a member of some wierd RC cult
- I'll accept it might look like that.....but only if you know nothing about them, really.
There's a ton of information available about Opus Dei, they're hardly weird or a cult.
You are also ignoring the fact that the SoS hardly runs the show herself at the Dept of Education and Skills and nor does that Dept operate in a
Gordon Brown the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer (ie the man who controls the purse strings) is the son of a Church of Scotland Presbyterian Minister
(ie as protestant as they come) must
have been aware of and ok'd the expenditure.
......or is he part of this sectarian shadowy weird Catholic pervert cult plot too?
and the measure provides 70% benefits to RC schools are not, IMO, unrelated
- .....and if there were more C of E schools than RC it'd benefit them more, sorry but this is just pure number play and shows nothing of