It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue of "Freedom of Speech" on ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

After seeing the OP of the thread, it seemed to be the likely reason. masqua and eriktheawful, tks.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have seen it a few times when things get a little heated and asked a supermod and they said that yes they can bump threads without posting to put a certain statement back out there.

Got to go, my pizza has arrived...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Bumping this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Bumping this thread.

Double bump.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
[SNIP]
edit on 6/30/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he was saying a T&C enforcement IS to be expected. On the other hand, when it comes to saying that just because it's a privately owned site, certain topics - that don't violate the T&C - STILL cannot be discussed... that would seem to be suppressing a true freedom of speech / expression. Not sure I agree because I don't personally believe "freedoms" are ALWAYS absolute if they infringe on someone else's freedoms. But that's really another discussion. Just relaying that I believe you interpreted (ha ha) his comment incorrectly.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Where is S.O.,btw?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Businesses taking advantage of vs. businesses trying to respect... the freedom of speech.

We all know (unless you are an freaking idiot) yelling"fire" in a movie theater when there is not one is, abusing the 1s Amendment.

I feel, the owners of ATS has always, since the beginning, compromised with us. The thoughtful, expanding minds of a community. An unrelenting, uncompromising, theories, of roots expanding, intelligence.

ATS is not an freaking YT, it is not an Fox news or CNN (an CNN or Fox news. Not trying to make anyone butthurt). It is an old school board that exists to question everything.

(post by ThothHermes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join