It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Threat to American Leadership in Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
"China is making substantial progress in manned space missions, with the first mission successfully completed on October 17, 2003, and has long-term plans for its own space station and probably a reusable space shuttle. Although the strongest factor behind the Chinese space program is political prestige, the efforts of this Far East power to send men into Space will also contribute, indirectly, to the development of the expertise required for future military applications between 2010 and 2020. It is known to US Intelligence Services that China is dedicating considerable resources into lasers for military use" globalpolitician.com... I just pulled this paragragh from a new article at Global Polititian. China has big plans for it's space program and is not going to be left behind. America needs to get back to the moon and establish a permanent base as quickly as possible, or lose the high ground. The future fuel for Earth (helium 3) is only found on the moon. We should be staking our claim to some of this before another nation get control, and we have to buy from them, at their price......

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It will be a loooong while before China developes the expertise and infrastructure to do all the things they say they are going to do.

Gee, they may be building alot of the world's goods, but who built their modern factories and the fancy tools that make them run? Any guesses...hint, it wasn't them....

So far, they have sent one dude up in basically a tin can, and now you're screaming their hot on our heels to conquer the moon.

Not freaking likely...their taiko-naut looked pretty shaken up when they got him out of that can, so that means they still have some major problems.

So, how many have they sent up since that first guy?

If they want to be on the moon by 2020 at the latest, they better start getting guys up in space about once a month and putting in some serious OT because at their current rate of development it ain't gonna happen.

Hell, the Japanese are technologically superior in a lot of ways and they can't even get a good rocket in space.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
With the thousands of documented sightings of craft in our skies that are not propelled through traditional means, along with the ever-increasing number of reports from credible people who claim to have been abducted by Zetan-Greys (primarily), one tends to think that no country on this planet has a shot at being the dominant power in space.

The "official leader in space" to the vast majority of the population is therefore a moot point.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

anxietydisorder
The future fuel for Earth (helium 3) is only found on the moon. We should be staking our claim to some of this before another nation get control, and we have to buy from them, at their price......

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because theres obviously no other means to generate power.

We dont need Helium 3.

Paul_Richard
one tends to think that no country on this planet has a shot at being the dominant power in space.

I disagree, until I see aliens on the 10:00 news or our government on C-Span telling us there real, I will continue to think that humans own this solar system.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We dont need Helium 3

Yet...
I believe someone told me that practicle use of He-3 was more then a century away anyways. Why stake a claim to something we cannot even use yet...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The topic of the thread is kind of threatening, as if China really wants to undermine the US leadership by committing sabotage or something. It should problably be titled "Chinese making significant progress in space exploration" or something like that.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
With the thousands of documented sightings of craft in our skies that are not propelled through traditional means, along with the ever-increasing number of reports from credible people who claim to have been abducted by Zetan-Greys (primarily), one tends to think that no country on this planet has a shot at being the dominant power in space.

The "official leader in space" to the vast majority of the population is therefore a moot point.

The "FACT" that China is making a huge investment into space research, and has big plans for their future, has nothing to do with "SPECULATION" of our planet being under the influence of Zetan-Greys.

China has about 1/4 of the worlds population, and if they decide to invest large amounts of money into space, using cast off or stolen technology, they can do this in a big way. All the technology that resulted from the Soviet-USA pissing contest in the past decades is just a mouse click away. The "TRILLIONS" of dollars/rubles spent on space research is there for any nation to build on without spending the research $$$ themselves.

If you show me a "Zetan-Grey", I'll show you a "Shenzhou"

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

We dont need Helium 3

Yet...
I believe someone told me that practicle use of He-3 was more then a century away anyways. Why stake a claim to something we cannot even use yet...

I didn't want this to be a thread on He-3, but more focused on plans that China may have for its future place in space.

This link is a good primer on Helium 3, and should give you a good idea why we need a cooperative effort by all nations to mine the moon's resources.

www.asi.org...

But if push comes to shove, I'd rather see the "Golden Arches" on the moon before "Chin's Noodle Emporium"

I don't want to come across as a racist, because I hope the moon will be a cooperative effort by all nations, and for the benefit of all mankind. But if history is any indication of the future........................

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Trust me it'll be a Hilton Hotels flag on the moon before a Golden Arches
heh yeah I know this thread wasn't about He-3 but the point still stands, we cannot use it for anything at the moment, and talking about it like it doesn't exist on earth is wrong, it is very rare on earth but it does exist. Enough for test purposes anyway.

Personally I believe the Moon will be more usefull as a resort then anything practicle, in the near term that is. We need to send more prospector probes there first as we havn't even located a place on the Moon that gets sunlight all year round.

We also need to reasearch new methods of protecting Humans from Radiation. NASA is conducting some experiments with EM Radiation shielding, the system sounds very sci-fi but it has been shown to at least work in vacuum chambers on earth. It wouldn't work on Mars though

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Trust me it'll be a Hilton Hotels flag on the moon before a Golden Arches

I don't see a Hilton Hotel flag flying in Antartica or on the North Pole. Very few hotel rooms a under the ocean.

Space might offer a draw for a "FEW" rich individuals, but science, military and corporate profit will drive the future of space travel.

It's nice to believe in Richard Branson's dream, and I hope he makes a bundle. Also kudos to Bigalow, if he can provide a destination for Branson's customers to go to.......

Profit will drive the space race. And providing energy=profit.................

Don't make me quote the "Rules Of Aquisition"

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

S2000
NASA is conducting some experiments with EM Radiation shielding, the system sounds very sci-fi but it has been shown to at least work in vacuum chambers on earth. It wouldn't work on Mars though

Any Links? Not sure what exact project your refering to.

We have ways though, like lead, or have water surround the spacecrafts main area. Though I agree, it onlyt makes sense to use magnets, after all thats what protects earth. And as for the moon or Mars, I think the system would work there as well. However I think the best approach is have buildings be underground, with several meters of land on top of it it is well protected.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
so china wants to play in space. good for them. that crack about the tin can.
, the us made it to the moon in little more. so what is the point of critisizeing it?

i don't forsee a problem by this. mabe nasa will get off of their colective butts and actualy work on things like better craft. it's not as if they have actualy accomplished much the last several years. competition can be a good thing, most of the best things that were done was when they were competeing with the sssr. competition always brings out the best, where non competition just causes people to become complacant and do litte.

lets raise a glass in the thought of much more being done if the chinese continue to try. if the us wants to be number one in space they might as well work at it.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Paul_Richard
one tends to think that no country on this planet has a shot at being the dominant power in space.

I disagree, until I see aliens on the 10:00 news or our government on C-Span telling us there real, I will continue to think that humans own this solar system.

Until "we" (as citizens and/or our respective government) can stop the many kidnappings from occurring (by the Greys primarily), any claim on the domination of space is only illusory.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

The "FACT" that China is making a huge investment into space research, and has big plans for their future, has nothing to do with "SPECULATION" of our planet being under the influence of Zetan-Greys.

Hundreds of people who have firsthand knowledge (in various degrees) on the subject of UFO's, aliens, their technology and their bases (and who are part of the Disclosure Project) would disagree with your appraisal.

It is only speculation if you don't have firsthand experience and/or you have not done adequate research on the topic.

Let us remember that a "fact" is only a theory that is accepted by many people to be the truth. "Facts" are always subject to change.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Competition involving developing new space technologies and space related accomplishments can only mean one thing: much faster progress! Yes! Hooray! Imagine what new revelations a new space race could bring the world.

Personally I am very happy about the US having concerns about space superiority, that will make us get our asses in gear, maybe we'll even find ET!!!!!!!!

Hope he's nice and doesn't need slave labor/isn't hungry/angry.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Paul_Richard
Until "we" (as citizens and/or our respective government) can stop the many kidnappings from occurring (by the Greys primarily), any claim on the domination of space is only illusory.

I dont believe in abductions, Why...Because I nore anybody I am related to or know have ever being abducted. I believe what I see, not what I hear some crackpot talking jiberish about.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
There is usually an explanation for most things like those; people who claim to have "first-hand" accounts, I don't believe too much, because what they see can usually be explained if there are enough facts. The people of Russia thought UFOs were watching them when it was really the Soviet military experimenting.

In one of the Middle Eastern countries, the U.S. military's UAVs sparked a big thing about UFOs from people who saw them and didn't know what they were.

And people are very, VERY gullible. They will lie, too. Once, as an April Fools' joke, an astronomer announced that Jupiter had slipped off its orbit a little and was coming a bit closer to Earth. He said that it would cause an extreme increase in gravity on the Earth for a few seconds, and that if you jumped at the exact moment this happened, you'd feel the effects and jump significantly higher than you normally would be able to.

He announced the time the gravity effect would happen. Of course, it was a JOKE, but a huge amount of people claimed to have felt it, and one woman even claimed that she and her 11 friends floated around the living room.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Mathematically, I think I saw somewhere where they said that statistically, there should proably be around, at least, 400,000 different forms of life in this galaxy alone. Considering the UNIVERSE has BILLIONS of galaxies, I am sure there is life somewhere in it. But in regards to intelligent life, in this Solar System, I think humans pretty much own it.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thanks Broadsword20068, I ran Seti@home from the start of that project and have always hoped that signal would come.

Also I think the work being done on the Allen Telescope Array will improve are chances of finding some evidence that we are not alone.
www.seti.org...

But for now it appears to be all ours, to do with as we see fit..........

I want China in space. I also want Europe and Japan to build manned space craft. And counties like India and Brazil could be contenders in 10-15 years.

Lets all get out there and start finding ways to utilize the vast resources this solar system has.

I know Canada has built some great robotic arms and manipulators for the shuttle and the station, we've even had a few Canadians fly on shuttle missions and visit the ISS. But we could do so much more.

Whenever mankind has moved into a new frontier, the first thing to happen is a massive land grab. I don't see space or the moon being any different other than not having any local population to kill or displace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join