It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAF training/inducting women fighter pilots!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just saw it on BBC asia news!!..

And that too, considering Pakistan is an islamic state!!

Damn cool.. very commendable..

Are they trying to work to the InAF's 'softer' side?!!

The other countries I think are China and Turkey..

Wonder if the g-forces women can take along with other physical/mental requirements for the 'job' are similar to that of men..

Don't have a link as yet..
will get one asap, but its legit.. saw it on TV..

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i'm under the impression that women can take G forces better than men coz they're smaller

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
woman are making more and more inroads in Muslim orientated countries... good for them

As far as I know... women have been allowed to serve in the chinese armed forces for many years.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
YEs women chinese fighter pilots were prevalent way back in the days my dad was flyng offcr..way back in the 60s!!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i don't know about the g-force thing. but i will bet that many women would make more superior pilets then most men.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
i don't know about the g-force thing. but i will bet that many women would make more superior pilets then most men.

are you a woman?

Naw ignore the question..

What I mean to ask is.. do you mean that on an average women are better FPs than men??
Whats the scene in the USAF?Im sure if anybody, they must've conducted numerous comparision tests..

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
no i'm definatly a guy. it's just that women tend to be very precice in their handleing of things
ouch nice double etandra (spelling?)

don't know if i'd want one up there suffering from pms though. they might take something the wrong way and shoot you down instad of the enimy
(j/k)

[edit on 9-5-2005 by drogo]

[edit on 9-5-2005 by drogo]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The US has been training female fighter pilots for years now. Women are being considered to be more suitable pilots for the new fighters that utilize thrust vectoring. These planes perform maneuvers that can take a pilot to inertial force upward of 11g. Scientists speculate that females may make better F-22/JSF pilots because the structure of their bodies are more able to withstand the forces associated with the capabilities of these planes.

I saw that on a show. It may be false. I googled it, and everything I saw said that there was no evidence that females could handle multiple forces of gravity any better than men.

Anyone else see that show about the F-22?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a russian women in ww2 even became a ace with something like 10kills

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
The US has been training female fighter pilots for years now. Women are being considered to be more suitable pilots for the new fighters that utilize thrust vectoring. These planes perform maneuvers that can take a pilot to inertial force upward of 11g. Scientists speculate that females may make better F-22/JSF pilots because the structure of their bodies are more able to withstand the forces associated with the capabilities of these planes.

lol, women cannot take more G's than men. The main effect of G-forces is greyouts and black outs from blood being forced away from the brain. Body shape makes no difference to this at all.
If anything the heavier musculature of men would be able to help them withstand G-forces that little bit better.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I agree that men under high g loads should be able to handle a plain better. Just form the pure fact that men have more str in there arms. Thats proven fact IE the double standard of str requirment for the army/airforce for men and women. so lets say your arm ways 20 pounds well 11 times that is 220 pounds is how much your arm would weigh under 11g's most women I know have problems benching 125lb with both arms let alone 220. Most guys men would have problems under that high of g load. In high school my max bench was only 280 pounds with one curls at 145 always though it was odd I should have been able to do 300... But then agine you are not benching weight at 11g's but then agine I was only 119 at the time and could squat 645lb... 2% body fat.... could lift 185 pounds with my neck. neck size 20 inches around. weist size 30... My neck was wider then my head kinda scary... What crazy people do for sports... wrestling and cross country... unless there is some way the heart gets more blood to the head with women I just don't see how.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The astronaut program will have definite answers to most of these queries esp. the g-force ones..

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
The astronaut program will have definite answers to most of these queries esp. the g-force ones..

What program ? Besides all astronauts do when experiencing high G's is to sit strapped tightly into their chair. They hardly have to move or do anything.
Anyway I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Daedalus3

What program ? Besides all astronauts do when experiencing high G's is to sit strapped tightly into their chair. They hardly have to move or do anything.
Anyway I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

ohhh..!! You thought I was talking about the pakistani astronaut pogram??!!

Naw..
I meant good ol' NASA..
Yes astronauts endure lesser gees (3 to 4) while pilots have to endure up to 10 gees if im not mistaken..
The point I was trying to make was that even though astronauts undergo lesser g-force.. NASA must've tested/compared the capabilities of males and females in terms of g forces,cognitive skills under stressed/hazardous environments..
Does the USAF operate women fighter pilots??..I don't think so..

EDIT: Just checked..
7 bomber pilots and 43 fighter pilots.. out of 759 bombers and 3500 fighters respectively..

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

lol, women cannot take more G's than men.

True....

Link

It has also been shown that men have a higher tolerance to g's than women. Women fighter pilots have a lower g tolerance during menstruation so the time of the month will affect a women tolerance for high g endurance.

I have heard otherwise though I can't find anything on it.

[edit on 10/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
USAF does use female pilots and so does the navy they are just not very common. One of the feminnatzie groups where all prazing one of the female F-14 pillots saying how bad ass she was.. and that women can pilot plains better then men and men should be replace because pilots don't need to have strong upbodys to fly plains.... So you want female pilots shot down over enemy held ground and if they don't meet the same physical standards of men do you really think they have a chance of getting out alive? or what if they where in a tomcat and the navigator a male 260 pounds gets his leg hurt how is a 125-150 pound woman going to get the man that is down to any kind of safty and selter. Not to mention the fact in some area's where we fight the enemy is really not that nice to downed pilots and a woman pilot oooo boy just so many more ways to torment then a normal man....

I really don't care if women fly plains for the military or chopers for that mater or single seat jets.... as long as they don't get paired with some one that they can't carry around if that person is hurt. Also I think they should still have to meet the same physical requirements as everyone else besides the somoans who can go over the weight limit. It kind of like saying that ooo gay men they are nancy boys so that only have to bench 3/4 the weight of a normal person and give them a extra 3 min on there running times.... They all say that women in the military go though the exact same thing as men and should be seen as having equl marits but the fact is its not true. The guys go though a much tuffer boot camp then the women have to deal with that alone would let me look down on some one be man or woman or 3 headed alian for that mater. Now if a woman goes though the same exact corse as men and makes it then I would see them as a comrad in arms not a person that got pushed though to meet quota's I have no respect for anyone who can't make it on there own with out having to have a handy cap to pass.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

as long as they don't get paired with some one that they can't carry around if that person is hurt.

I understand what you're saying, but you also have to realise that huge 250 pound pilots are few and far. Yeah there are some, but not enough to enforce a rule for "pairing" up people. And that would only effect some planes such as the F-14 or the A-6. Most pilots would not have to worry about that.

And if that rule does come to be, we will have every other female in uniform especially pilots crying out for equality.....which as you said there is a differnece and you are so right

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i would think on avarage women are smaller than men so the heart has less distance to pump the blood to the brain to stop the pilot blacking out.
but size dosnt always matter as when pulling 6g+ even with a g suit it can be quite tiring as u have to tense all muscles in the body to force blood upwards

also female pilots have benn in the force for some time and some are quite good
but most men have strong arms and a regular wrist exercise

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well congrats to Pakistan. As for women making better or worse pilots, well I don't know. I've heard rumors that high G's can cause fallopian tubes to burst (that would hurt) which would be a problem. But I don't really care, nice to see Pakistan is allowing for more equal rights.

Anyhow I think women have already proved themselves perfectly capable of combat. They made some of the best Russian snipers amongst other accomplishments.

new topics

top topics

join