It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Application!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
...especially how some Masonic members here gnash and jump at any conpiracy theory thread involving them.

Don;t you think that that's a bit of an exaggeration? We do not jump at any thread involving us! We take part in most of them, and help MANY people see the reality of the situation. What we DO jump at are false or baseless accusations and slander. Plain and simple. You would do the same if someone said such things about your family or friends.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
some Masonic members here gnash and jump at any conpiracy theory thread involving them.

Hmmmm...let's see, if a thread were started taht claimed that "djohnsto77" was an axe-murder and drug-dealer wanted in 32 states would you sit calmly by and let it go? Or would you jump in and defend youself?

You see when you say "Masons" that includes ALL Masons....we have a right to defend our reputation as such. Not too difficult to understand.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For everyone who thinks that Masonry is all about the Occult and Darkness. They are completely wrong. As they have probably never been inside a lodge. Or even asked a mason what the true purpose regarding freemasonry entails.

I for one use to think that masonry was all about worshipping satan etc... then I actually started reading about it... and asking my friends who are masons what it involves. In all truth the true purpose of masonry is peace with yourself, peace with your fellow brethren, and peace with the world. It is about self-discovery and meditation. It is about love and tranquillity and all goodness that is found in our world.

I know I have questioned it in the past, but I now see that I was wrong. The masons founded America and wrote the Constitution. They were the ones who wanted freedom, equality, and independence.

I congradulate you for being accepted and God Speed my friend.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
You see when you say "Masons" that includes ALL Masons....we have a right to defend our reputation as such.

When I see a statement like this the first thing I think to myself is "give me a freakin' break!!" What, are Masons like the Crips and the Bloods now?? That's a juvenile mentality. It's a mentality of followers, not leaders.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by senrak
You see when you say "Masons" that includes ALL Masons....we have a right to defend our reputation as such.

When I see a statement like this the first thing I think to myself is "give me a freakin' break!!" What, are Masons like the Crips and the Bloods now?? That's a juvenile mentality. It's a mentality of followers, not leaders.

How so? I don't get your logic on this one.

How is saying that when one makes a statement about "Masons" that it includes all Masons? Seems pretty simple to me.

Masons have every right to defend themselves against slander and lies, and to set the record straight.

How is that juvenile?

I say it's a mentality of brothers; of family. Wouldn't you defend yours if someone was making sweeping statements, calling them names and lying about them?

[edit on 5/18/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Senrak
Hmmmm...let's see, if a thread were started taht claimed that "djohnsto77" was an axe-murder and drug-dealer wanted in 32 states would you sit calmly by and let it go? Or would you jump in and defend youself?

This is what was originally posted by Senrak. This is a faulty comparison. Djohnsto77 is one person and does have a right to defend himself if called out. How is that the same as the Mason's 'one for all, all for one' mentality.

Originally posted by The Axeman
I say it's a mentality of brothers; of family. Wouldn't you defend yours if someone was making sweeping statements, calling them names and lying about them?

What you call "a mentality of brothers", I call a gang mentality. I really doubt you wait to see if your "brother" is actually guilty as charged before you rush to his defense.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What you call "a mentality of brothers", I call a gang mentality. I really doubt you wait to see if your "brother" is actually guilty as charged before you rush to his defense.

You can doubt whatever you want, but in the end you really have no idea. What we are defending here are not individual masons but rather Freemasonry in general, as well as the name of ALL good masons.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Senrak

This is what was originally posted by Senrak. This is a faulty comparison. Djohnsto77 is one person and does have a right to defend himself if called out. How is that the same as the Mason's 'one for all, all for one' mentality.

Peace

Ok....what if it were an attack of lies and untruths on an ethic group...would someone of that background have the right to defend themselves? I truly think so don't you?

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Golfie]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Whats with all the petty bickering people. This thread is for congradulating sharkman and not your petty squabbles.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Whats with all the petty bickering people. This thread is for congradulating sharkman and not your petty squabbles.

In the interest of reducing board drama, I'll congratulate sharkman for becoming a mason and admit to being a drug-dealing axe-murderer wanted in 31 states....Iowa has nothing on me! It's all bogus!

[edit on 5/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
lol who said you were an axe murderer?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Nope. It's the mentality of true Brothers. Something you obviously cannot comprehend.

Too bad for you.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Doubt what you like. It's certainly not my problem.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
First of all, may I congratulate sharkman on his chosen path of enlighten-ment.About five years ago I was given a very large book. It is entitled
"An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic Hermetic Quabbalistic and Rosicrusian
Philosophy" by Manly P. Hall. This book(19in x 12 1/2in)is a compilation of
esoteric knowledge of the ages. This is where my interest in Freemasonry
started. Sebatwerk.....Let me say that your patience and willingness to
help those who are truly interested in this time tested brotherhood have my immediate and sincere respect. You are solid testament to the Masonic
brotherhood. Sharkman....Your enthusiasim is refreshing and "by golly"
quite contagious! The quest for knowledge and truth is a journey that lasts
a lifetime. This thread has stimulated myself to further pursue my personal
quest for enlightenment. For this I thank you. I read the pdf in its' entirety
and I now seem to have a "path of light"......Masonic Brotherhood. I spoke
with my father after reading this and told him of my interest in the Masons.
He then told me that he was himself a 33 degree Mason. One thing that I
remember about the pdf was that an individuals' search should be self-
initiated. I think I am ready to take another step forward.I am also a Ca.
resident and would appreciate any help in locating a lodge. Once again,
by virtue of the conduct by which those who profess and advocate this
fraternal order, I sincerely thank you...........

Nygdan.....A timely interjection seasoned with humor. Good on ya!!!!!

[edit on 18-5-2005 by lashlarue]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue
One thing that I remember about the pdf was that an individuals' search should be self- initiated. I think I am ready to take another step forward.I am also a Ca. resident and would appreciate any help in locating a lodge.

You are absolutely correct, it is up to a desirious person to knock at our door. "Knock and it shall be opened..."

It's good to hear that we have helped yet another worthy person find a path to self-improvement and life-long friendship. Where in CA are you located, and what is your age? Please U2U me if you don't want to talk about this in public.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seb,

Apparently I'm still a bit of "greenhorn"...only seven posts. I'll u2u when I get the proper amount of posts. Thanks for your response...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue
Apparently I'm still a bit of "greenhorn"...only seven posts. I'll u2u when I get the proper amount of posts. Thanks for your response...

I sent you my email address through U2U. Just send me an email and I'll help you out.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In the interest of toning down the rhetoric and being peaceable, I'll offer my amends to those of you whom I may have offened. But in the interest of fairness I will state that I most often do not respond to insults or baiting questions posed to me by antagonistic individuals who's only interest is to get a rise out of me.

Sometimes, It's smart Not to poke at the bear with a stick.

If I get a little irritated with the line of questioning and the insolent demeanor in which the questions are posed, I reserve the right to, Snap Your Head Off.

It's the same way I deal with my children when they push my buttons. Call it reactionary if you want. I didn't make this post to illicit a bunch of flak from individuals who don't share my interests, but instead I posted it to those individuals to whom I have grown to like because of their beliefs and interests that I have in common with them.

That being said, I think I'll go back to something my mother used to say when I was but a wee lad,

'If You Can't Say Something Nice, Then Don't Say Anything At All!'. I believe I'll take her advice for now, but I reserve the right to defend myself, my beliefs and my family and my friends, whenever I see fit.

Thanks again to all of you who have congratulated me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join