It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Application!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Congrats Sharkman! Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Brother Sharkman.....has a nice ring to it

Congrats again......

I think you'll be very happy with the choice you've made. As has been said before, you are embarking on a journey that millions, from princes to paupers, have traveled before. Enjoy the trip and don't forget to pay attention to the scenery along the way.....and at the end you'll be a better man because of it

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sharky, can I ask why you want to be a Mason? Whats your motivation? You sound like a 16 yr old girl applying for membership with the fan club of your favourite boy band. Are you one of these peoples thats just "in to" occult things the way a next person is into Honda CRX's, or Star Trek, or stamp collecting?

Just curious...

There are Sufi orders who bar anyone who has an intense desire to join...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modulok
Sharky, can I ask why you want to be a Mason? Whats your motivation? You sound like a 16 yr old girl applying for membership with the fan club of your favourite boy band. Are you one of these peoples thats just "in to" occult things the way a next person is into Honda CRX's, or Star Trek, or stamp collecting?

Just curious...

And masons would never allow someone in who seems like he's overzealous or has the wrong idea about what he's getting into. We recently rejected someone at my lodge, who all he would do would ask about rings, stickers, shirts, etc etc. In other words, he was more interested inn our trinkets and in displayig himself as a mason, than he was inn becoming a mason for the brotherhood or spiritual development. He was politely shown the door.

But Sharkman is simply excited because of what he just went through. It happens to everyone. The degrees are a deeply moving experience that really opens your mind to things that you never imagined. It's like getting a new set of eyes... you gain insight into many things. Everything is the same, but it's different. It's impossible to explain, but I know exactly how he feels. All masons do, that's what connects us.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Just curious...

I just wonder, if you are "just curious," why so antagonistic? It's borderline insulting if you ask me. Seems a rude way to ask a question. If you were truly interested, you could have stopped with, "Sharkman, why do you want to be a Mason?"

Just an observation , but you seem to be a "pot stirrer," just looking to make waves and insult people you don't even know.

Am I wrong, Modulok?

[edit on 5/18/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Sharky, can I ask why you want to be a Mason? Whats your motivation?

Why would someone want to be Wiccan or join the Church of Satan? All similar questions to which there's no really good answer...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Sharky, can I ask why you want to be a Mason? Whats your motivation?

Why would someone want to be Wiccan or join the Church of Satan? All similar questions to which there's no really good answer...

So I take it that you view masonary as something of a "darker" organization? I have to admitt I have had the idea of becoming a Mason boucning around in my head for quite some time now. Good Job Sharkman

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Dear Mud,
With all due respect, it's none of your business what my motivation is.
But , for the sake of entertaining myself and confusing a troll, I will humor you.

If I wanted to study some really serious occult teachings leaning from the center to the light, I would have endevoured to seek out energy and, or a teacher from the White Brotherhood or possibly travelled to Europe and investigated some of the Tuetonic Knight related teachings. But that is not my path. Or for some real fun, headed east to study in an Ashram. But it is not my goal to sit at the feet of some self-annoited or self-appointed guru.
The Learning I seek can only be obtained by Me, through a path that has revealed itself to Me.

I have spent many years and many hours in study, reading and meditation. I have sat at the feet of some of this ages better known New Age Gurus. And every single one of them answered my questions the same. If I was seeking knowledge and seeking to better myself with no malice to others, no manipulation of circumstances or situations, then all I needed to do was follow my intuition and my spiritual nose. No matter what I would find it was only for me to know and experience. It's not my way to try to guide or influence you or anybodyelse about what they or you are doing, unless it interfers and conflicts with me. In other words, I don't care what you think or do.

I'm sure this is all wasted air-time and text on such an enlightened one as yourself. You've probably heard it all and done it all, and know it all. So I'll leave you to your version of the universe. It is truely intolerant and juvenile to whack around at someoneelses spirituality. I'm sure I need not tell you this, but for good form and out of respect for myself and others, I'll apologize for you. You're Sorry!

It would seem from your note to me that you're kind of new to this respecting other peoples' space and beliefs. It may be because you are public school educated or that you're young and noone boxed your ears sufficiently when you were small and more impressionable, or possibly it's because this is one of your earlier incarnations and you still have alot to learn.

Nevertheless, I Bid You Farewell!

[edit on 17-5-2005 by sharkman]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Guy Kawasaki, Axeman, Golfie, sebaterk and all the rest of you who congratulated me,
Thank You for your encouragement. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the experience and fellowship. It also looks as if this is going to be a work in progress, and I'm anxious to begin.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Quote: "It kept coming back to the forefront of my Consciousness over a period of many years and so I decided to pursue it."

Yeah me Too! Funny how that works - it is like a "Splinter in your Mind" (Sorry I HAD to quote the "Matrix" - I couldn't help myself)!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Axeman, why do you go around calling people a "pot stirrer"?

Does it give you thrills?

I think its pretty clear why this kid wants to join the Masons, as well as why you want to. Because it seems respectable, because no one can tell you otherwise (because they have to join for themself you see), because hell, what's the worst that can happen?

You can join, meet some people, talk some business (not between yourselves, just advice), and hey, its a great conversation starter.

But to join because of a fascination with ritualistic behavior, odd lighting, and otherwise learning whispers while in close physical proximity to another man, well, if that's your cup of tea, you don't have to say so, now do ya?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sharkman

Welcome to masonry. May it be the path you seek. Your attitud of "life time larning" is one of the best. I look forard to calling you BROTHER.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why is it assumed that I am a kid? Hell, I've got kids older than most of you.

There is a lot of assuming going on around here. Why the keen interest of the trolls all of the sudden?(rhetorical ?) You have nothing of any positive note to add to my experience, you're not men I would associate with except in the performance of my duties as a service provider associated with my trade, and you're not people I would ask my children to look to for advise either.

I have yet to see anything positive, edifying or uplifting in any of your positions or queries. You all, generally speaking are basically magpies, you know the birds from Heckle and Jeckle? Hanging around, talking smack, as my kids and their friends would say, but basically adding nothing of import to the conversation. Actually it seems to me that you're using up valuable and possibly unrenewable resources on the planet that could be put to a more needed and deserving use.

You Guys Are Killing Me!!! LOL

Masonis Student, Thank you.
SHARKMAN

[edit on 18-5-2005 by sharkman]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Axeman, why do you go around calling people a "pot stirrer"?

First, I didn't call him anything. I said it SEEMS to me that he is. Second, this is why:

Whats your motivation? You sound like a 16 yr old girl applying for membership with the fan club of your favourite boy band. Are you one of these peoples thats just "in to" occult things the way a next person is into Honda CRX's, or Star Trek, or stamp collecting?

Does it give you thrills?

No. It irritates me to see comments like these, however. You have a tendency to irritate me as well.

I think its pretty clear why this kid wants to join the Masons, as well as why you want to. Because it seems respectable, because no one can tell you otherwise (because they have to join for themself you see), because hell, what's the worst that can happen?

I think it's pretty clear that you don't know anything about me or why I wish to become a Mason. I think I can speak for Sharkman in this respect as well. You only pick up what you can use to try to belittle others from these discussions, Akilles. It is tired, and frankly I am quite bored with your rhetoric. I also think it's pretty clear who the "kids" are in this forum.

You can join, meet some people, talk some business (not between yourselves, just advice), and hey, its a great conversation starter.

While what you say can surely take place, anyone who joins solely for those reasons probably won't be a very good Mason. Kind of like the guy Sebatwerk mentioned who only wanted to talk about rings, etc. It's not a social club, it is serious, and to be taken seriously.

But to join because of a fascination with ritualistic behavior, odd lighting, and otherwise learning whispers while in close physical proximity to another man, well, if that's your cup of tea, you don't have to say so, now do ya?

I think you have a problem with homophobia, but that's just my personal opinion.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, you masons sure are touchy. All i did is ask a simple question and state a personal observation, and you flip out, and Sharkman immedietley jumps to all sorts of conclusions about who and what I am and engages in petty insults and name calling. Sharkman, its funny you'd rave about your mason application on a public internet message board and then claim its 'none of my business' when I reply. Are you mason's "Worshipful Masters" impressed that you squabble with conspiracy buffs and newagers on internet message boards? Sharkman, is this "the path" that was "revealed to you"?

Its all very interesting, don't you think?

Modulok

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

All i did is ask a simple question and state a personal observation, and you flip out, and Sharkman immedietley jumps to all sorts of conclusions about who and what I am and engages in petty insults and name calling.

Interesting... that's exactly what YOU did to begin with!

Sharkman, its funny you'd rave about your mason application on a public internet message board and then claim its 'none of my business' when I reply.

He stated that it was none of your business WHY he joined. That he DID join is a matter which he wanted to make public. His reasons for doinng so truly are none of your business.

Are you mason's "Worshipful Masters" impressed that you squabble with conspiracy buffs and newagers on internet message boards?

I don't know, why don't you ask Senrak, ML or Mirthful Me? They've all served as Worshipful Master of their lodge.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wow, you masons sure are touchy. All i did is ask a simple question and state a personal observation...

You started with a simple question, but then peppered your post with insults and speculations as to why you think he may have wanted to join. This is a common tactic among trolls. They will make insults and speculations thinly veiled as questions, and then when called on it be like "Gee whiz, guys, I only asked a question!
" It is so plain to see.

Example:

You sound like a 16 yr old girl applying for membership with the fan club of your favourite boy band.

Oh, but that's just a "personal observation" right? Well here's a "personal observation" for you: You sound like a troll just trying to insult people and things you don't understand.

...Sharkman immedietley jumps to all sorts of conclusions about who and what I am and engages in petty insults and name calling.

He didn't jump to any conclusions, but he did say well it could be this, or it could be that... He did not say that you were anything, but he did open up some possibilities.

Sharkman, its funny you'd rave about your mason application on a public internet message board and then claim its 'none of my business' when I reply.

Again, a reply meant to insult and ruffle feathers. When you ask like that, it certainly isn't any of your business. I would wager that he posted this thread in order to let his friends and new brothers in on something that he is excited about, not so you can use it to try and belittle him or his ideals.

Are you mason's "Worshipful Masters" impressed that you squabble with conspiracy buffs and newagers on internet message boards? Sharkman, is this "the path" that was "revealed to you"?

Again with the snotty attitude. Why do you feel the need to make fun of something that another takes very seriously? Do you get your kicks insulting people, or did your momma just not raise you right?

Its all very interesting, don't you think?

Interesting is a relative term.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And a kid is a young goat.

So I don't see why it is such a stretch for the comparison. You are joining the 'riders of the Goat', are you not, ha ha ha

If you gave me the choice between a mystical order where women were allowed to whisper secrets in my ear, or one where it was strictly a bunch of old men, I know which one I would join.

Any one ever heard of the Divine Right of Kings? Ever wonder why Divas are giving THEM rights in the first place?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Everyone, keep the conversational topical and non-personal. The topic is that sharkman is totally, like, stoked, like, radically, about becomming a mason. So lets all hang ten and like, keep it peacable.

Ok, that was bad faux-surfer speak. So sue me. No, wait, that might fly in court, so don't.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
So I take it that you view masonary as something of a "darker" organization? I have to admitt I have had the idea of becoming a Mason boucning around in my head for quite some time now. Good Job Sharkman

I don't really know, I've seen arguments on both sides. While at least most members are probably good people, some things about it does kind of freak me out...especially how some Masonic members here gnash and jump at any conpiracy theory thread involving them. It kind of reminds me of the Shakespearean quote "Methinks thou doth protest too much!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join