It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DUMB laws...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well...

in germany, while driving, its illegal to insult someone...

like giving someone the middle finger...

and its illegal to run out of gas on a certain highway...

please...

post your dumb laws here!!!

maybe america will now look good (probably not though)

ENJOY!!!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Actually the law you posted makes sense, when your drving at 150 mph...

Ok I found some dumb laws that can be kinda of funny. I number them to make them eazyer to keep track of. BTW all of the following laws are real.

1. In Colorado, It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.

2. In Minnesota, Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.

3. In Indiana, Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights.

4. In Massachusetts, It's illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits. (MGL Chapter 272 section 86)

5. In Michigan, There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat's head brought into a town office.

6. In Arizona, Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.

7. In Massachusetts, Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.

8. In Kentucky, It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.

9. In Massachusetts, Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.

10. In Nebraska, It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.

Most of them are kind of funny, maybe I will post some more later.

Source: www.thatwasrandom.com...

[edit on 9-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

thanks...

that was great...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder how many citations still get written on these

11.) In Maine, it's illegal to catch lobsters with your bare hands.

12.) In Quitman, Georgia, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road. (Uh oh...I live near there
)

13.) In Hawaii, one is legally prohibited from putting coins in one's ears.

14.) In North Carolina, it is illegal to sing off key.

15.) In California, it's illegal to eat oranges in a bathtub.

16.) In Logan County, Colorado, it is illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she sleeps.

17.) In the country of Turkey, in the 16th and 17th centuries, anyone caught drinking coffee was put to death.

18.) In Harrisburg, Pennsylvania it is illegal to have sex with a truck driver inside a tollbooth.

19.) It is illegal to ride a streetcar on Sunday if have been eating garlic in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

20.) In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."

21.) In Kentucky, by law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

22.) In Massachusetts, an old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.

23.) In Florida, a special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

24.) In Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.

25.) In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle.

LMAO

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Missouri

* Hard objects may not be thrown by hand. (*kicks them...OUCH)
* Minors can buy rolling paper and tobacco but not lighters.
* Four women may not rent an apartment together. (So threesome is allowed
)

Michigan

* A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission. (I bet GeneralDilemma made this one)

* It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house. (I just need to find the right house)

* You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of
Michigan.
* Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony. (Awesome...)
* Smoking while in bed is illegal.

Alabama

* It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
* It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

* Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

* It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
* Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi

8. In Kentucky, It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.

Nope, I don't think so. KY and OH have mutually accepted licenses for fishing in the Ohio river. We don't really give a damn what Indiana thinks about it.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is a story.
One of my very distant relatives purchased a truck for the price of 10% profit on all the goods he transported across the ohio river. When the man he baught the truck from wasn't getting any money, he sued. The court ruled my relative innocent because he never transported any goods across the river. Needless to say, he got a free truck. Yeah, it is sorta a family story.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If they're below quota, they should simply try and get the American Idol auditions to come to town!

21.) In Kentucky, by law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

I take it nobody has ever been charged for this one then....

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In wisconsin:

you need a cheesemaker's license to make any kind of cheese, except Limburger. To make Limburger, you need a master cheesemaker's license.

In the town of Connorsville no man shall shoot of a gun while his female partner is having a sexual orgasm.

it is illegal to cut a woman's hair or to kiss while on a train.

Livestock have the right-of-way on public roads.

Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons.

In Kenosha No male is allowed to be in a state of arousal in public.

In LaCrosse It is illegal to display an unclothed mannequin in a store window.

In milwaukee An old ordinance forbids parking for over two hours unless a horse is tied to the car.

In Sun Prarie Cats are forbidden from entering cemeteries.

And a good one from Ohio:
It is illegal to get a fish drunk

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Stupid Laws? You want stupid laws? Here are some stupid laws.....

Maple Ridge Michigan. It is illegal for a woman to read a sunday newspaper while in a rocking chair with a gun in her lap.

In Kentucky it is illegal to shoot unloaded guns.

Furnance Massachusetts. It is illegal to carry a rifle over your shoulder while whistling.

Cascade Iwoa. It is illegal to duel with water pistols.

Pattonsburg Pennsylvania. It is illegal for women to make funny faces at men who are practicing their shooting.

Wakefeild Rhode Island. It is illegal for a woman to shoot in the direction of a police officer with the intent of shooting his necktie off.

Spades Indiana. It is illegal to open a can by shooting it with a revolver. Nothing on rifles or semi-automatics.

North Andover Massachusetts. It is illegal to bring space guns anywhere in town limits. Hmmmm, what about lightsabers?

Oklahoma. Only time you can carry a gun is while being chased by an indian.

Burdoville Vermont. It is illegal for women to carry a gun while wearing high heels.

Bourbon Mississippi. Only men and police officers can carry, get this, WOODEN guns. Damn, women to smart to carry those.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is one for OHIO

It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.( and where exactly do you get them in OHIO, aquarium?)

Nova Scotia, Canada
When raining, a person may not water his/her lawn.

Cobourg, Canada
If you have a water trough in your front yard it must be filled by 5:00 a.m.

China
To go to college you must be intelligent.

France
No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.

Paris, France
An ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon.

Now this is shocking
Japan
There is no age of consent. (Repealed 1999 - now age 13)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I wonder how many citations still get written on these

LMAO [/quote

This is truly a crazy one, guess I better keep quite, I wouldn't want to wind up in the pokey

[edit on 10-5-2005 by CelticMist]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
5. In Michigan, There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat's head brought into a town office.

Thank you beyondSciFi. Now I know how I'll make my billions. Move over Mr. Gates!!!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
All of the following are laws still applicable in the UK:

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats. (Repealed 1976)

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police

Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).

A bed may not be hung out of a window.

There are hundreds more here

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just want to point out that most of these laws werent petitioned for and voted on. Rather they were the result of presidents set in court. But still cery funny.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Champaign, IL: One may not pee in his neighbor's mouth.

Eureka, IL: A man with a moustache may not kiss a woman.

Kirkland, IL: Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland's streets.

Fairfield, IL: This one's the kicker: It is unlawful for "negroes" to be within county boundries from sundown to sunrise.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here is some from my home state.........

No person shall be permitted under any pretext to come nearer then fifty feet of any door or window of any polling room from the opening of the polls until the certification of the returns (in other words its illegal to come to the polls during elections)

the Arkansas River can rise no higher than the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

It's illegal to kill any "living creature" in Fayetteville.

This one designed to get Northerners into trouble. That's right folks, if you mispronounce Arkansas (Ar-kan-saw) you're in for a fine or jail time.

In Little Rock, flirtation between men and women on the streets may result in a 30-day jail term

Oral sex is considered sodomy in Arkansas and is punishable.

There is a law that states female teachers who bob their hair cannot be given a raise. Even more degrading is an old law that states a man can beat his wife in Little Rock provided he does it with a stick no bigger than 3 inches across and not more than once a month.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In the U.S., you can lie to Congress with fabricated intelligence to justify a foreign invasion of a sovereign country that costs over 100,000 lives and billions in taxpayer dollars... AND stay on as "president" of the United States!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
1) In Alexandria, Minnesota, USA, it is illegal for a man who has garlic, onions or sardines on his breath to have sex with his wife.

2) In St. Louis, Missouri, USA, it is still illegal for firemen to rescue women who are still in their nightdresses.

3) In Oklahoma, USA, it is still illegal to make faces at a dog, a crime that could result in a prison sentence.

4) In Baltimore, Maryland, USA, it is still an offence to take a lion into a cinema.

5) In Oxford, Ohio, USA, it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.

6) In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.

7) In Massachusetts, USA, it is illegal for mourners to eat no more than three sandwiches at a wake.

I tried to find some funny laws for my state (SC) as well...

8) It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina.

9) By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.

10) Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.

11) Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.

12) It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

13)It is illegal to dance in public in Lancaster. (Lancaster County) (Footloose anyone?)

[edit on 6/1/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I might have a bunch of these in the near future. I found at work a copy of the criminal code of Canada (1999) today at work and was flipping through it.

According to that book, it is illegal to have anal sex in groups of three or more in Canada, even if everyone is consenting and it is done in the privacy of one's home. (I can't imagine why anyone would WANT to do this, but it's illegal nonetheless) Anal sex is legal in Canada ONLY if done between husband and wife and in the privacy of their home.

[edit on 16-7-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join