It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 ways to power the 21st century...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

do you agree with these???

i think these choices are great...

ENJOY!!!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
those are some cool ideas, i really like the giant australian solar panel, thats pretty neat, so is the antimatter idea.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
those are some cool ideas, i really like the giant australian solar panel, thats pretty neat, so is the antimatter idea.

yeah the antimatter one was kool (and #1)...

i still dont understand antimatter though...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting : )

quoted from CERN website.
"Case 1: If an antiparticle is electrically neutral then electric and magnetic fields have no hold on it at all. Therefore, there is no easy way to contain neutral antimatter particles, i.e. no way to keep them away from the normal-matter walls of the vessel in which they are. They therefore almost immediately come into contact with normal matter and annihilate.

Case 2: For electrically charged antimatter particles such as positrons (anti-electrons) and anti-protons we know how to use "electromagnetic bottles" to contain them. However: like charges repel each other. So it is not possible to put a large quantity of anti-protons together because the repulsive forces between them soon become too strong for the fields that hold them away from the walls. And you cannot put a mixture of positive anti-electrons and negative anti-protons together, because they will make anti-hydrogen, which is neutral and we are in case 1 again."

public.web.cern.ch...

I liked this idea, must do more research : P

www.livescience.com...

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Aether]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but only like three of those ideas are even worth persuing. What is the point of putting anti-matter in there when it takes enormous amounts of energy just to produce a small amount!? What I find interesting is that they didn't mention ZPE at all even though it has a far higher probability of becoming an alternative energy source as anti-matter.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nuclear plants are the future. Don't mind the dangers that stem from paranoia due to poor Russian engineering...ie, Chernobyl.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
At the MOMENT it takes an awful lot of work to create next to no antimatter, but the point is scientists think in the near future they will be able to produce it in a way that gives a positively correlated, input to output ratio (more out than put in
)

top topics

join