It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Heeled Jack:this guy is almost Straight outta super-villian comic book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS Readers,

Just posting another one of my favorite stories. Spring Heeled Jack. Supposely this demon, alien or man could jump 30 ft in the air in one jump, had Blue fire spitting from his mouth and the red glowing eyes. Countless stories are posted on the net about him, Was this guy a hoax? A Demon from hell? or maybe an alien. Anyways, I would love to hear from you guys. Here are some links on the bottom. Take a look.

www.spartechsoftware.com...

anomalyinfo.com...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
thanks for the links

We had this thread a little while ago:

"Rooftop Madman" Terrorising entire Neighborhood in Argentina

sounds like a Spring heeled Jack sighting

personally I wasn't familiar with the story until now, after reading about it, I would say demon or some other paranormal entity.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ya i thought this guy was a demon too, until i read more about his incidents. This guy is a pervert. He always seem to try to attack women, and he is either trying to rape them or molest them. Someone did confess that it was a hoax, but there was no real proof that it was. It's werid. This is happen couple hundred years ago. I dunno what kind of technolgy that would allow a person to jump that high, let alone produce blue and white flash to spit from there mouth. Your thoughts?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i would vote demon. as i understand it sex may be the best method to alow demon possesion. not to mention that the terror of the victome would further reduce their resistance. and hey demons aparently enjoy terror so the proverbial two birds with one stone.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
When i was a kid I had some shoes (old at that time) made with two medium springs in each between the sole and a plate. I could 'hop' about six feet with a little movement.

These modern ones are similar:
Spira and these home mades ones are close,

More at Cockeyed presents

The ones I had were more similar to these:

As a ten year old I could easily reach the overhang of a roof and look direct into the shingles. I had them most of one summer until one broke- good thing as I remember because I had taken to a neighbor woman's bathroom window and was no doubt going to get caught 'bouncing' when she showered (she was wet and HOT)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
This is happen couple hundred years ago.

back when hallucinogenic drugs were available to the general populace in everyday common products, coc aine, opium, cannabis, absinthe....all totally available legally back then.
Maybe even Mercury in the linings of their hats..have to check on when they used to do that.

Originally posted by Nemox42
I dunno what kind of technolgy that would allow a person to jump that high, let alone produce blue and white flash to spit from there mouth. Your thoughts?

Blue and White flash spit out? Alcohol, go get some rubbing alcohol, take it outside, put in metal container (just a bit), light it up, you'll see what I mean.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
all very interesting theories, but check this out fellas. if you check out a timeline of this guy, his terror expands more then 80 sumthing years. He disappeared for a period of time, then reappeared again like 15-20 years later, Now it could be a copy cat thing as well. But still saying if this guy was actually a human he must be one old nimble bastard to jump 30 feet in the air like spider-man after all that time passed. I gotta find that site that set his attacks and sightings on a timeline. That was what troubled me the most.

1837 was the first sighting
1920 was the last sighting.

www.spartechsoftware.com...

That's over 100 years. Thinking... that this guy was about lets say age 16-??? at the first sighting... He is ancient, over hundred years old.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Nemox42]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
oh wow. i haven't heard about spring heeled jack since i was just 6 years old. the sighting i had heard of was in the early 1900's i think. but the account i heard of involved him chasing a woman, and was contained in a book about UFO sightings. this is so strange.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Imagine playing Basketball with him! Wud u eva win?

Nice 2 c anutha Spike Spiegel fan out there! Although it's not the best or funniest anime out there...it's definitely my favourite!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This thread caught my eye straight away... I remember reading stories abut this Jack character in high school. Perhaps there should be a poll to decide whether or not he is/was a

a)Pervert with spring shoes and too much time on his havds

b)alien/ufo (does bouncing count as flying?)

c)ghost/demon.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i don't know if he was just some pervert with springs on his shoes. in the article, it says that the german army was testing spring shoes at the time, but that they had an 85% failure rate, because the soldiers often broke their ankles. if he was using something similar, why did he never sustain such an injury? my vote is for demon. though my reason for such a vote is hard to explain. he isn't like any alien i've ever heard of,(lots) but it seems like demons could come in just about any configuration we can think of.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
to me, the perverted m.o. makes this sound remarkably similar to an incubus.

linkage!

www.pantheon.org...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I vote he was a time-traveler who went back in time to terrorize women with advanced spring-shoed technology. More likely he's an innovative fellow who somehow managed to construct shoes like that. Perhaps he used chemicals for the flash things.

join