It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well they're making the FOIA system more restricted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good luck finding anything about UFOs from the government from now on.

newstandardnews.net...

My 60+ FOIA requests have turned up NOTHING!

[edit on 9-5-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
try this

www.foia.cia.gov... "http://images.abovetopsecret.com/smilies/thumbup.gif" align="absmiddle" border=0>

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It really doesn't mean much, as older incidents can hardly be deemed "operational" without really raising some eyebrows. The CIA's had similar protection since the 80's, and anything the DIA wanted so protected could easily be refiled under CIA, and placed under protection. This seems like trying to avoid that step (which of course, they won't exactly say...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm sure that doesn't really surprise you?
You know there will be infinite ways, within the great bureaucracy, to keep knowledge in the hands that control knowledge.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
On the flip side, it's not like we want to see Raptor blueprints out in the public domain either...so there IS something to be said for the effort...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
FOIA has been useful to an extent investigating UFO events. But by the time they are released, they are decades old and nobody cares. Also when released, they are usually sensored to eliminate names of witnesses, ect.

I don't see getting any real proof from the government, they are too smart.

But don't stop trying, keep the faith Mesh.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Such documents have proved many things actually...

Especially in showing that the public was told one thing, while away from the public eye, studies into the phenomenon were still being done, and with a wary eye.....

Not to mention, on many occassions, they've tripped themselves up, hehe...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmm... That sux0rs!!

Probably a better way would be to use kazaa and other p2p programs to find documents that military personel have foolishly (or illegally) transfered to unsecured computers...

Although I certainly can't advocate this technique some people on the web have made a hobby of finding interesting stuff that way.

All you have to do is search for .doc in many cases...

top topics

join